Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145387 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20115 on: August 18, 2021, 09:06:27 AM »

Thanks for the link.

I like the Taj adjustment.  We like him, we think he will age well at least another season and be a good piece - so give him the security.

Helps in deals as well (not advocating) if his 5 mil is needed - teams knowing they will have him to use or pass along as a signed guy.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20116 on: August 18, 2021, 09:13:40 AM »

Wagner, Zaire Williams and Barnes (that he was taken when Suggs was there) are the question marks for me among lottery picks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20117 on: August 18, 2021, 09:15:52 AM »

FRom the piece - 2 guys we passed on

Nah'Shon Hyland (Denver Nuggets, SG, No. 26 pick)

Third among rookies in scoring, Hyland lived up to his reputation as a human microwave with creative moves and streak shooting skills. He even averaged 4.8 assists, looking more capable as a playmaker than he did at VCU, where he carried a huge workload as a No. 1 option.

Isaiah Jackson (Indiana Pacers, PF/C, No. 22 pick)

Jackson was active in limited minutes, mostly by tapping into his quickness, bounce and motor for finishes, putbacks and blocks. His plus-13 is tied for second among rookies with teammate Chris Duarte. And he tied a summer-league record with seven blocks on Monday.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20118 on: August 18, 2021, 02:01:51 PM »

Nice seeing Sacramento win something

And I was apparently wrong about Davion Mitchell.  Looking forward to seeing him go up against NBA types in a couple of months - see how the max effort translates

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20119 on: August 18, 2021, 02:14:42 PM »

Congrats Louie King, formerly of the Westchester Knicks, I believe.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #20120 on: August 18, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »

Congrats Louie King, formerly of the Westchester Knicks, I believe.

Que?

chipstern

• View Profile
Reunited And It Feels So Good [Suckling PGs]
« Reply #20121 on: August 18, 2021, 02:38:53 PM »

Kemba and Derrick's competitive history goes way back. 

Even in their dotage, with the obvious limitations of aging and repaired wheels, a level of skill and level of leadership that can only extend and expand on Thibs Kulture, and successfully suckle Deuce. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20122 on: August 18, 2021, 02:45:01 PM »

Damn - that was D Rose at 18?

Cool pic, thanks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20123 on: August 18, 2021, 02:46:26 PM »

Started the D Rose book - may be a good time to finish it.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #20125 on: August 19, 2021, 11:45:32 AM »

You guys excited about knick showing in vegas?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #20126 on: August 19, 2021, 01:53:14 PM »

No
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Vegas
« Reply #20128 on: August 19, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »

You guys excited about knick showing in vegas?

All kinds of reactions. Chip is VERY enthusiastic. But being PP#1, his opinion doesn’t really count in this context.

I don’t know why the Kamster said no. As PP#2, he seemed quite happy too.

BoZizzley just wants to get rid of Obi Toppin.

And chamacocartero8 is waiting to see if we have a consensus, so he can post something opposite with some silly argument, just to show us all that he’s a very stable genius, though not quite as genius or stable as the Trumptin.

Now, how about you?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 02:15:05 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20129 on: August 19, 2021, 02:37:22 PM »

Hell yes.

Our draftees fill some major voids in a group with an otherwise impressive skill set. Our young vets that played showed that they’ve sharpened their bread and butter (I’m not worried about Quickley’s SL shooting. I don’t think it’s relevant to his potential regular role) while also looking more credible in jobs higher in the pecking order.

http://youtu.be/hLnR3rjmILc

John Marci and Adam somebody (a Brit Celtics blogger) talk mainly about Kemba and Evan, though mainly about Kemba. They get into minutes, but I think Adam’s observations also impact role.

In Rose and Kemba, we’ve got two great guards who need their minutes managed to keep them effective and available. It looks like the peak efficiency to minimal wear sweet spot is 20-24 minutes a night for each guy.

You can run both at 24 and be done with it. You can allow some space for Deuce or Quick. I think Deuce provides more defensive power against matchups where our two decorated point guards simply can’t slow the other guy down. Quickley showed he can do that to. His D looked a lot better this summer. So, with the young situational guys we have a good path to managing minutes and maxing out play at the position.

This leaves the issue of role between Kemba and Derrick.

Last year, when both were available, Thibs went with Payton against the starters and followed on with Rose. I think he did this under the theory that when a game begins it’s fundamentally trench warfare in terms of who’s going to allow who what space and what constitutes a foul. That physical intensity can stay up through a regular season game, but it’s rare. Usually it shows at a turning point or down the stretch of a close one. Based on this Thibs likes to start the most physical effective player at each spot over someone who can produce more with their knowledge and skill. He still plays and integrates those guys, he just likes to kick ass a bit as a lead in.

Current Kemba is a more potent weapon than current Rose. Neither is as reactively quick as we’d like them to be. Rose’s 6’3”, his familiarity with both the guys and the system make him the better choice to start which would leave Kemba the task of lighting up whatever backup or gassed starter he faces when Thibs pulls the switch while playing what D he can. This looks like an even better option when Fournier stays on the floor through the transition because he is excellent at getting looks for and from Kemba.

Among the wings, this means RJ pulls the tougher defensive assignments. This suggests pulling him with Rose early, after the first mad rush, and putting in Burks. Then we can put RJ back in for Fournier once he’s had a blow. Fournier can then replace Burks to get us back to our starters.

Barrett Burks Barrett Barrett
Fournier Fournier Burks Fournier
Rose Kemba Kemba Rose

This makes for a 9 man core rotation:

Mitch Noel
Randle Obi
Barrett
           Burks
Fournier
Rose Kemba

Taj, Bacon, Grimes, Quickley, and McBride are standby ready plug-n-plays. Knox is extra situational, but has the most positional flexibility on the deep bench. 

Pages: 1 ... 1340 1341 [1342] 1343 1344 ... 1861