Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917407 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #20475 on: September 20, 2021, 09:18:34 PM »

I think Ben has been steady across 4 years

Ball needing to be fed to Embiid has changed his game a bit

Will be better on another team, I think.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20476 on: September 21, 2021, 02:03:09 AM »

The Capela-Simmons pairing would be an issue.  You could pull Simmons early (say 5 min mark) and then reinsert him when it's time for a Capela blow (8 minute mark), trying to maximize having just one of them out there at a time.  And if a team plays smallball to pull Capela out to the perimeter, you can swap in Simmons at C.  Capela not a big minute fella anyway.  I like Simmons ability to cover ATL's primary weakness, guarding PG's, while providing rim protection help when not on the PG.  Collins is still learning to help/defend at the rim.  That's a Simmons specialty.

Fun trade, but I think it just leaves PHi too exposed at PG and with PF redundancy.
For ATL, I really like adding an all-world defender to Trae's team.  I'd just want to make sure the remaining wings are healthy, before shipping out the depth.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20477 on: September 21, 2021, 07:56:12 AM »

Would be cool if Ben opened up his "I will gladly play for this team" list.  Would make a deal that much easier, allow teams including NY to formulate optimal scenarios.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20478 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:42 AM »

Chip is also wondering where you would "slot" Simmons in ATL's lineup

Too funny.

Legit issue. Atlanta's magic is guys like Huerter, Hunter, Gallo, etc just killing you when you focused down on Trae. You got Capela & Simmons in the same lineup and suddenly things aren't so dangerous. Ben's woes are very real and not gonna disappear with a change of scenery. He's got to slot into the right fit. I actually like such a trade a lot for Philly, particularly with a Cooper or picks tossed in.

Simmons FINDS. guys.  Make no mistake.Would they employ some small ball 5 to get another shooter (4) out there at times?  Maybe.

ATL not likely getting done.  We can move on.  How much is HOU offering with Wall? 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20479 on: September 21, 2021, 09:10:53 AM »

Some NBA headlines, courtesy of HoopsHype

DANGELO RUSSELL looking great in workouts

HALIBURTON and FOX pack on the muscle

NBA EXECS expect breakout year for GARLAND

KELDON JOHNSON has big Spurs opportunity to blossom

MYLES TURNER in best shape of career, drops from 14.5 to 8% body fat over offseason

And a nice message to Knick fans from FRANK

You welcomed a kid who just left home in order to pursue his dreams and goals, and to continuously grow. I could not ask for more. I would like to thank the entire franchise, the coaches, players, all members of training and medical staff and all the people who work hard every day for the success of this organization over the years. Last but not least, to all the Knicks fans around the world Thank you ! The support has been amazing from day 1. Wins and losses, highs and lows, we have all seen one thing for sure, and that is that the passion and the love for basketball stays unbeaten through it all. I am leaving now to open a new chapter in my journey, forever grateful for the opportunity.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:13:05 AM by kidcarter8 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20480 on: September 21, 2021, 12:23:30 PM »

Stunning how steady years 1-4.
Rare to see such a player show no growth in any area from the moment he comes into the league.
The per 36 completely flatlined, well actually, FGA, boards, assists...all down.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:09:37 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
FUCK BEN SIMMONS
« Reply #20481 on: September 21, 2021, 01:57:08 PM »

Stunning how steady years 1-4.
Rare to see such a player show no growth in any area from the moment he comes into the league.
The per 36 completely flatlined, well actually, FGA, boards, assists...all down.

This fascination with Ben Simmons is extraordinary. Even so canny a set of Trader Vics as Facil and BoD, literally salivate at the notion of giving away substantial portions of one's roster and draft assets to bring this petulant pup in to the fold, be it for the Knicks or some divisional rival.   

Does what he accomplishes exceptionally well, and do his mouth watering physical attributes, out weigh what he does poorly and which seem to in no way motivate him to improve. 

Mostly for me, ignorant as I clearly appear to be, it comes down to CHARACTER.  And LEADERSHIP. 

Look at someone like the Rockets Jaamal Murray.  Who has gotten better EVERY SEASON, and who rises to the challenge of the biggest games

Ben Simmons Contract? 

$33,003,936   $35,448,672   $37,893,408   $40,338,144

As of October 1st, the Sixers [and whomever else is lucky enough to enlist this spoiled little creep] are contractually bound to give him ONE HALF OF ENTIRE YEARLY SALARY out front.  That's roughly what the Knics are paying Evan Fournier for the first year of his contract.  It's as if Phil Jackson crafted Gentle Ben's max deal, with an eye towards handcuffing his own team.

I readily admit that everyone else is right and I am wrong in my assessment of Ben Simmons as a talent, and that compelling arguments can be made for papering over his hoops failings.  He brings THAT MUCH TO THE TABLE. 

He also brings along a brutal contract and a woeful lack of maturity. 

I would rather have Derrick and Kemba in matching blue and orange wheelchairs, that Ben on a golden platter. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:01:41 PM by chipstern »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20482 on: September 21, 2021, 02:00:36 PM »

Its almost as if Simmons banged CStern's girlfriend

kidcarter8

• View Profile
B Simmons/ J Murray
« Reply #20483 on: September 21, 2021, 02:08:07 PM »

slightly different players, I would say

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=simmobe01&player_id1=murraja01&sum=0&request=1

but both excellent players

Excellent values?  Come on, man - this is the NBA

What is important in this league is a star becoming available.  And you have to be in the mix to add a guy when that happens,
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:24:07 PM by kidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #20484 on: September 21, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »

Simmons is an elite defender and very versatile on both ends. 
Likely a Top 5 defender.  2nd in DPOY last year.

Rudy Gobert makes $2M more per year than Simmons (plus has an extra final year at $46M).
I don't recall Gobert having a jump shot.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20486 on: September 21, 2021, 04:04:24 PM »

Simmons is an elite defender and very versatile on both ends.
Likely a Top 5 defender.  2nd in DPOY last year.

Yes.  This = GAME CHANGER

Thus why Philly is not about to give him up on the cheap.

But he is no J Murray - heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20487 on: September 21, 2021, 04:39:31 PM »

Sometimes real good teams lose a good talent

RAPTORS sign Reggie Perry

Meanwhile Nets gave begun talks with Harden and Irving on extensions.  Nice.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mr. heh (and lol) strikes again
« Reply #20488 on: September 21, 2021, 09:56:59 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20489 on: September 22, 2021, 10:01:26 AM »

I don't recall Gobert having a jump shot.

rofl...

I don't recall Gobert passing up a wide open dunk cause he was terrified of being sent to the line and costing his team a playoff victory.

I don't recall Gobert refusing to take a FGA attempt in four consecutive playoff game fourth quarters

this MF'er BEN is truly ELEEET

(if i'm going to pay a versatile defensive eleeeet who is afraid to shoot I'd rather give it to French Frank at 1.5 mil lol...have 38.5 mil left over for snacks!)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:07:13 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1848