Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943100 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #21870 on: December 22, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »

The usual lead dog being a scorer discussion.

Do you like Giddey better?  Passes well - and doesnt need the rock. interesting player. Very

Absolutely - lead guards are a crapshoot in the draft - but scoreres are needed leaguewide so they will always have some value.  Just a matter of the star question - is he in time - or is he not?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21871 on: December 22, 2021, 11:34:28 AM »

I mean...think about it - here we are loving a Brunson - who is score-first but not to a fault in his year FOUR.  Cade by year 4 should be at least that.  Just that he is paid more - and in year 5 gets a bigger extension.  But you HAVE him (if you are DET) - bird in hand - where Brunson (or any player that has developed and become a top free agent) you need to hope to get.

Sweating who you could have had is usually bad fandom unless you had a total whiff like a Sweetney or (you would say) Jordan Hill.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21872 on: December 22, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

Not that interesting a game.
Mitch was outstanding.
Noel was solid except for fumbling one pass.
Fournier active.  Early on, Fournier was missing drives but getting Kobe assists as Mitch would follow up.  Kemba was solid.
But Knix still had trouble putting away a scraggly DET team.

Bey couldn't make a shot but played hard.
Cunningham was mostly a disaster until he started zipping some nice passes very late.
I haven't seen him enough, PG's take time to develop, he has nice size, etc. But my initial impression is I'd much rather have Scottie Barnes or Mobley. Of course a franchise PG is invaluable, but it's not even clear Cunningham is a PG.
Last week I saw Barnes dueling first KD then LeBJ,  Skilled athletic young man with an NBA body.

Agree, sort of.

Not sure we've seen the best of Cade.  And while we were minus six players, Cade was missing Olynyk, Grant and Killian. 

I remember Barnes undressed Vildoza at half court in summer league with a steal.  That young man is the 3&D of our dreams.  Listed as a PF, but really, the Raptors front court is interchangeable, uber athletic, small ball bigs, topping out at 6'9"  [Achiuwa, Siakim, Barnes, Anunoby].  Barnes' skill set reminded of Iggy and Draymond, but one friend checked in with Pippen.  He is a beast, and already a much better shooter than advertised, least ways, he is evolving at a rapid pace.  Great competitive spirit to go with size and athleticism.  Good call by UJIRI, selecting him over Suggs. 

Mobley sure showed something against the Knicks, as well.  Very rangy, athletic big, who can run & spread the floot and the Cavs front line is the spiritual opposite of Raptors, with Allen Mobley and Markannen.  The latter hasn't lit it up, but they are all a suprisingly good fit. 

As per Cavs and their Tripartate Towers. 

There was a lineup last night, where out of desperation and lack of bodies, our front line was

Robinson
Randle
Gibson

Would love to see Coach try Obi at the 3 spot.  I have always seen him as a younger iteration of Gibson, on one level, anyway. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: It's Miller Time, baby!
« Reply #21873 on: December 22, 2021, 01:21:38 PM »

I can see, from the recent posts by you and my worthy constituents, Facil and Kam [and Carlos], that THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MENS' SOULS, and that we have officially entered that familiar phase of Knicks history where we entertain fire sales and tear it all down, including, it would seem, Coach Thibs. 

Peace.

I for one don't want to tear down the team. No fire sale here, I want to keep em all, including Kemba.

Just wanna get rid of Thibs, it looks like he lost the team, as usual, and for good reason. I said it before, the way he disrespected Kemba was despicable.

Get Mike Miller back, he was a good coach, and good for this team.

Peace.

Is this the best YOU can do?

YESSSSSSSS 😁

I also want Fac on the coaching staff, provided he has no input on trades.

Whom do you propose to replace Thibs?

Simon Bolivar

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21874 on: December 22, 2021, 01:24:40 PM »

Short-handed Lakes, so ... Melo gets ejected for arguing a minor foul non-call.
Leaving the Lakes with THT and Rondo firing off wonky 3's.
While Westbrook was his usual mess of a self, putting up numbers and coughing up 6 2nd half turnovers.  Perennially on Bo's list of worst "star" players.  Along with Tangelo.

Franc started next to Brunson (28 Pts) in a DAL W.
Maybe Franc had something to do with Tangelo's 1-11 on 3's.  Why on earth is Tangelo heaving 11 triples?  39% FG for the season.  Did he bet on the other team?

And that's a little noticed NBA subplot.  From its former anti-gambling stance, to raking in lots of ad revenue from all sorts of online gaming sites.  Even long-time announcers such as Chuck & Kenny recruited into the gambling vortex.  Another small step in the downward spiral of America.

Thank you. 

Like to give J.B. Smoove a banjo and a beating. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Brunson
« Reply #21875 on: December 22, 2021, 01:40:03 PM »

I like Jalen very much. 

But I do not see Dallas offloading him, not with Jason Kidd as his coach. 

And I apparently have a lot more enthusiasm for McBride based on a miniscule sample, than the rest of this forum. 

He has a ways to go in terms of consistency as a shooter and a scorer, but I was very impressed with his decision making and acumen as a facilitator, let alone his defensive tenacity. 

Finally, I am not all that eager to start offloading our youngsters in search of the elusive Alpha Player. 

Based on their rookie seasons, plenty of fans and forumites and blogsters would've gleefully traded RJ and Obi for a bag of magic beans based on the struggles of their rookie season. 

Likewise Mitchell Robinson, a fixture in every dumbass phantasy trade I've seem in the past few months. 

A starting PG? 

I feel you. 

Still, to echo Kam, it ain't that complicated.  DEFENSE. 

And as per our offense, in the post-game last night, Allan Hahn was suggesting that we were finally seeing some formative chemistry in a starting five including Burks.

Robinson
Randle
Burks
Fournier
Walker

I thought it was working last night, admittedly against the Piss Tones. 

Noel
Obi
RJ
IQ [Grimes]
Rose [McBride]

I think RJ might be a better fit for the Breakfast Club, a more fast-paced, up tempo, movement oriented second unit. 

When we have our full compliment, Thibs has a lot of interesting decisions to make. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Julius
« Reply #21876 on: December 22, 2021, 01:48:01 PM »

I am an unabashed, unapologetic Julius enthusiast. 

But in ther interests of full disclosure, there is a KeyStone Kops quality to many of his self-inflicted turnovers that make my little head explode, as like a slapstick vaudevillian he inevitably dribbles into double coverages and seemingly off his own feet. 

He was doing some very nice things as a facilitator last night in between his 6 turnovers, boarding decisively, and more focused on D.  As Wally pointed out, he is still "aiming" his shots, and as he himself likes to put it, "overthinking." 

But I thought he is FINALLY developing a nice chemistry with Fournier [and Walker], and that Burks, as shitty as he was shooting, was kind of the glue piece in the starting five. Fournier is still finding his range from out beyond the arc, but I really love his forays into the paint, and how he MAINTAINED HIS FOCUS AND HIS AGGRESSION for four quarters.  Evan also seems to be one of those cats, like Julius, who in overthinking things, tends to lose aggression and become tentative. 

As for Mitchell?  How much do we credit Kemba?  In any event, he had more hops and energy and focus, albeit against a smallish but fierce front court.  Detroit has no real size, realistically speaking, but I sure like how Stewart and Lyles were competing. 

And KEMBA?  Would like to think we can find time for him.  Maybe flip him with Rose in the starting five and Kemba in the second unit?  I should like to see Kemba running the pick and roll with Obi. 

But alas, I am afraid if not exile, the bench awaits Kemba.  Still, impressive how he remained READY, as per next man up, when it came down to LAST MAN UP. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 01:55:31 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Finally
« Reply #21877 on: December 22, 2021, 01:59:23 PM »

Nice win against the Piss Tones. 

But Washington represents a formidable challenge on Thursday. 

A lot of really tough match ups. 

They have depth, good coaching, energy, and a lot of serious skill players. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Jericho Sims, Please Pick Up The Hospitality Phone
« Reply #21878 on: December 22, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »

This just in. 

File under...DAMN

Nerlens Noel has just entered the COVID Protocol. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Guess Who?
« Reply #21879 on: December 22, 2021, 02:03:44 PM »

Fourty year old Joe Johnson signs with the Celtics. 

Golly. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21880 on: December 22, 2021, 03:15:22 PM »

If Kemba starts and we beat Washington, I'd like to see how Thibs justifies thrusting him back into oblivion.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #21881 on: December 22, 2021, 03:16:44 PM »

Noel is terrible. He makes me yearn for the more inspired play of Jarred Jefferies and Jordan Hill. I do not know what we could get for him, but I do not want to see him play anymore in a Knicks uni. It is too depressing.

I do not get this take at all.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #21882 on: December 22, 2021, 03:24:42 PM »

Noel is terrible. He makes me yearn for the more inspired play of Jarred Jefferies and Jordan Hill. I do not know what we could get for him, but I do not want to see him play anymore in a Knicks uni. It is too depressing.

I do not get this take at all.

Me either.

Our brother is prone to rather extreme mood swings. 

I think he mentioned Jordan Hill just to curry favor with Kiid. 

He neglected to include Kenny Walker.   
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 03:31:53 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Guess Who?
« Reply #21883 on: December 22, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »

Fourty year old Joe Johnson signs with the Celtics. 

Golly.

Awesome.  Joe has kept in fine shape while dominating Big Three

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Finally
« Reply #21884 on: December 22, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »

Nice win against the Piss Tones. 

But Washington represents a formidable challenge on Thursday. 

A lot of really tough match ups. 

They have depth, good coaching, energy, and a lot of serious skill players.

Yes

And you can chalk up a L on Sunday unless Trae goes down
Pages: 1 ... 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 ... 1850