Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943032 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23955 on: June 24, 2022, 10:08:51 AM »

Waiting for a full autopsy with published details, but I cannot see how any of this works out better than just taking one of the guys available at 11.

You didnt want Brunson?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23956 on: June 24, 2022, 10:19:32 AM »

Brunson
Barrett
Fournier
Randle
Robinson

Quickley
Rose 
Reddish/(Burks)
Toppin
Noel

McBride
Grimes
Keels
(Gibson)
Sims

Arcidionico
Hunt

Let's go.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23957 on: June 24, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »

KEELS

https://www.nba.com/draft/2022/prospects/trevor-keels

Allows us to use another guard from our roster in a deal if need be

Entering Duke it was KEELS believed to be the 1A to Banchero's 1 as freshmen - before his inconsistent stroke saw Griffin pass him by.

Solid pick.  I liked Rollins as well. Of course now he apprentices under Steph 

Also sick to see the Euro Jovic end up with Heat - and of course Spurs (who had a great draft) saw the strength of my guy Branham - and leapt.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:39:26 AM by kidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
Jalen Brunson [Cruising For A Bruising]
« Reply #23958 on: June 24, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »

Facil...There is a certain [cough] LOGIC, such as it  is. 

Future conditional first rounders? 

We presently have a lot of young [Randle, Robinson] and very young [Barrett, Reddish, Toppin, Quickley, Grimes, Sims, McBride, Hunt].  I count TEN [10].  Trevor Keels, makes ELEVEN [11].  Rokas Jokubaitis could make TWELVE [12]. Perhaps factor in our 10-day contracts, though that is likely G League, for Jean Montero and Garrison Brooks. 

Elminating our 2022 first rounder relieves us of the obligation to PAY HIM a 2022-2023 rookie scale salary. 

James Bouknight of the Hornets was the #11 pick in 2021.  His rookie salary was $4,154,00

Kemba Walker's 2022-23 salary is $9,165,471

Okay, so that's $13,319,471 and counting. 

As per The Prophet Kiid, the going rumor is that the Knicks could waive Taj Gibson [not sure if that means he could be unwaved if he clears, sort of like we did with Elfrid Payton, although that was not a waive, but not picking up his option, although Taj's salary for this coming season is not guaranteed, so...], although you've got to believe that would sting Thibs. 

Let's for a moment grant that the Knicks waive Taj and his $5,155,500 

We're up to $14,320,971 and counting.

There is talk [talk], that Cam Reddish's $5,954,454 could be in play, but even for some with as non puckering a bung hole as Thibs, that would seem profligate.  You want to talk about a player who could benefit and thrive from a legit NBA point guard? 

LET US HOPE THE KNICKS DO NOT COMPOST SUCH A YOUNG TALENTED PLAYER. 

Perhaps the Knicks could attach one of those dangling #1 picks as an incentive for someone to take on Nerlens Noel and his $9,240,000 contract? 

Now we are up to $23,560, 971

Which presumably would add up to a four year guaranteed deal in the neighborhood of $100,000,000 to offer Jalen Brunson. 

PLEASE NOTE: Kemba, Taj, Nerlens, Derrick, Alec were all part of our genius front office's spending spree in the summer of 2021, which depleted all of our cap space.  And now, our geniuses are plotting to UNDO THE PROFLIGACY OF LAST SUMMER.

There is, however, only one fly in the ointment, and that is the fact that while Jalen IS an unrestricted free agent, Dallas CAN pay him more than anyone, and the connections to Leon Rose, Leon's Son, Jalen's Father, the ALLURE of New York City and the starting PG slot at MSG...

MAY NOT Count For SQUAT

Compared to the allure of being a significant rotation player on a Dallas team with a returning Timmy Hardaway, a resurgent Spencer Dimwiddie, a signifcant upgrade at the center spot in Christian Wood, and Luka, competing for the Western Conference Title.   

Stay tuned. 

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:29:48 PM by chipstern »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23959 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:25 PM »

Thibs laid down the law: no point in picking em cause Im not gonna play em.

Verily, the words of the prophet are not always sweet to hear.

Even if it's not just a Thibs thing, who was there at 11 that would make any difference? We already got young talent. Are they being used properly is the only question.

Brunson is not a difference maker in a title hunt. But he gets us closer. So yeah, seems worth the attempt to me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23960 on: June 24, 2022, 01:08:29 PM »

I am still hoping Brunson stays in Dallas.

I am happy to go forward with IQ, Rose, and McBride. Adding one of the three Williams or Eason or Duran would have been a better result than the trade.

The Pels and Rockets will be fun teams this season.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23961 on: June 24, 2022, 01:40:43 PM »

I am happy to go forward with IQ, Rose, and McBride. Adding one of the three Williams or Eason or Duran would have been a better result than the trade.

PISTONS

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23962 on: June 24, 2022, 01:42:31 PM »

Look.

If you're staying with Randle.

And you're staying with Thibs.

It's CRAZY to imagine that something much better than last year will emerge unless there's a core improvement at some pivotal position.

Randle isn't going to magically play differently....unless he's led to.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23963 on: June 24, 2022, 01:50:55 PM »

Brunson is not a player who can elevate Randle any more than our current crew can.

We need wing defenders and maybe a big who can shoot if we want to be more successful.

And we should be looking to move Randle, perhaps using some of those protected future picks as sweeteners.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23964 on: June 24, 2022, 02:57:51 PM »

At least Keels has his intro music already

http://youtu.be/au3-hk-pXsM

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23965 on: June 24, 2022, 03:13:46 PM »

Brunson is not a player who can elevate Randle any more than our current crew can.

We need wing defenders and maybe a big who can shoot if we want to be more successful.

And we should be looking to move Randle, perhaps using some of those protected future picks as sweeteners.

Have you found the key to immortality?

Because sometimes it's hard to fathom your patience.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23966 on: June 24, 2022, 04:10:29 PM »

- next summer

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23967 on: June 24, 2022, 04:13:27 PM »

Perhaps the Knicks could attach one of those dangling #1 picks as an incentive for someone to take on Nerlens Noel and his $9,240,000 contract?

Makes us weaker

Has to be combined with some plan to add another big.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23968 on: June 24, 2022, 04:16:12 PM »

You're a phool.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Mystery As Per Usual
« Reply #23969 on: June 24, 2022, 04:20:03 PM »

Multiple first round picks?

Nothing ever normal with our Knicks.

Stephen A. losing his mind.

Didnt see it, thankfully (M Taylor just a major turnoff, but sorry I  missed Jalen Rose)

Malika Andrews (no Africa dress necessary) with Kendrick Perkins and Jay Bilas was EXCELLENT.  Rising star.
Pages: 1 ... 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 ... 1850