Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964261 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #23985 on: June 25, 2022, 09:15:57 PM »

Brunson also needs to be 3rd high scorer.  I hope I am not seeing minute splits like 22-16-10 between three point guards.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23986 on: June 25, 2022, 09:37:20 PM »

This guy fucking knows it all yet wont tell us how in fact we cou :-Xld have landed Ivey.  What deal did we turn down?

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2022/6/24/23181075/recapping-one-of-the-craziest-nights-in-knicks-draft-history
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 09:12:21 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23987 on: June 26, 2022, 10:35:51 AM »

I thought Grimes did an incredible job under the circumstances.

(the circumstances being Thibs).

What's not to like with the dude? Why would anyone think of replacing him at this point?

The CIRCUMSTANCES last season, above and beyond Thibs's obdurate nature, also included a healthy dose of COVID interruptions and injuries. 

I remember McBride had a breakthrough game on both ends of the floor, got COVID, and when he returned, came down to Earth, and Thibs buried him from that point on. 

Grimes, likewise, with that kneecap separation.  He was really evolving his game from merely being a sniper, to being more aggressive getting to the rack. 

And of course, Reddish, who was really starting to percolate when he hurt his shoulder. 

Of course, we all remember how IQ and Obi blossomed when they got real minutes and trust, knowing that mistakes would not lead to the hook and burial on the bench.

Rubbish

As shown here, McB got minutes upon return, shot 4-19, 1-11 and that was that.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcbrimi01/gamelog/2022
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 12:19:03 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23988 on: June 26, 2022, 10:37:59 AM »

The dude sshot 30/25/66 and still got 372 minutes over 40 games.

Doesnt hapen in many places.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23989 on: June 26, 2022, 12:25:38 PM »

Quickley played fairly consistent minutes

The chart

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/q/quickim01/gamelog/2022

Had a 622 over 3 games, played just 4 minutes the next game, then was back to his minutes, subsequently going 7 for 34 (EGAD!)

That was 2-14

After that abysmal showing, Quicks played..........

TWENTY SEVEN minutes a night the rest of the way (.446/.393/.852)

So any thought of Thibs not sticking with Emmanuel is....

class???????

RUBBISH!!!!

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23990 on: June 26, 2022, 02:36:29 PM »

What's not to like with the dude? Why would anyone think of replacing him at this point?

The CIRCUMSTANCES last season, above and beyond Thibs's obdurate nature, also included a healthy dose of COVID interruptions and injuries. 

I remember McBride had a breakthrough game on both ends of the floor, got COVID, and when he returned, came down to Earth, and Thibs buried him from that point on. 

Rubbish

Isn't that basically what Chip wrote?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:38:55 PM by elephant »

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #23991 on: June 26, 2022, 02:45:40 PM »

Grimes, likewise, with that kneecap separation.  He was really evolving his game from merely being a sniper, to being more aggressive getting to the rack. 

And of course, Reddish, who was really starting to percolate when he hurt his shoulder. 

Of course, we all remember how IQ and Obi blossomed when they got real minutes and trust, knowing that mistakes would not lead to the hook and burial on the bench.

Rubbish

BTW. Now that I'm looking at your link, I think you may be misreading the stats.

You've added FG attempts together with 3-point attempts to get total shots and misses.

But the 3-point attempts are counted as PART of the total FG attempts, no?

If so, McBride's numbers weren't quite as bad as you're making them in those games.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23992 on: June 26, 2022, 02:54:23 PM »

Well, if Chip and I were to agree on something that would be way cool.  But i think the tone of his post today was anti-Thbs, unfairly.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23993 on: June 26, 2022, 04:41:38 PM »

We were 25-34, on our way to a 34 win season. Then we benched Walker. Despite losing the first four games without him, we wound up 12-11 the rest of the way, putting us on pace for 43 wins even as we were scrambling lineups and Randle was losing his mind.

We got off on the wrong foot due to what I believe was front office pressure to give the keys to Kemba based on his rep rather than the facts of the player he had become.

Deuce hitting basically none of his shots and even fewer of his threes had a more positive impact on the floor than Kemba did banging in more than 40 percent of his threes while finishing at a non horrific clip at the rim.

Kemba is a great player with a great story and he is done as a regular player at the NBA level. That is why he was available in the first place. I did not mind the signing because I did not believe that Thibs would have to or want to use him.

A steady, year long diet of IQ and Burks would have gotten us into the postseason.

IQ, McBride, and a bit of Rose is better than IQ and Burks. Point guard is not our problem. With Grimes and Barrett neither is shooting guard.

Small forward is really thin with nobody behind Reddish and rumors swirling constantly that everyone wants to see him go for one reason or another.

PF is fine especially if we hang on to Taj.

Neither Randle and Fournier have the work ethic, leadership, or professional pride to be top dogs which is how we are paying and playing them. That puts a cap on the potential of the team.

I do not believe Jalen Brunson can bring out the killer in either of them no matter how much we pay him.

Fournier is a shorter tubbier version of Davis Bertrans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23994 on: June 26, 2022, 09:07:23 PM »

Actually looking forward to seeing Reddish this year, Fac

But your extreme viewpoint of just kicking starters out entirely (example - Fournier) is absurd.

Trusting Leon as we await Brunson addition.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23995 on: June 26, 2022, 10:02:26 PM »

Fournier is fine as an eighth or ninth guy on a good team. Will stretch the floor and put up points if you can cover up his D.

With Randle it is a lot more head than game that is the issue.

The funny thing is the two of them have a kind of useful synergy together better for putting up points than for putting together stretches of winning basketball.

I expect we will be stuck with both of them going into the season.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Kiid's Hard On For McBride
« Reply #23996 on: June 27, 2022, 06:13:45 PM »

Always amusing.

With selectively deployed, cough,
evidence.

Might I nominate his participation in the epic Puppy Punking in the fourth quarter against the Miami Heat.

And for once, no reflexive hook from Thibs. The kids rocking, fearless. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23997 on: June 27, 2022, 06:20:51 PM »

http://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-shining-trevor-keels

I think we are good in the backcourt and hope Brunson picks the big D.

If we are going to get into a bidding war, lets do it over Miles Bridges.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:32:46 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #23998 on: June 27, 2022, 11:16:35 PM »

http://www.noceilingsnba.com/p/the-shining-trevor-keels

I think we are good in the backcourt and hope Brunson picks the big D.

If we are going to get into a bidding war, lets do it over Miles Bridges.

Disagree.

chipstern

• View Profile
Wall Buyout
« Reply #23999 on: June 27, 2022, 11:17:40 PM »

Wall signing with the Clippers.
Pages: 1 ... 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 ... 1851