Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145666 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24315 on: July 15, 2022, 06:58:53 PM »

I pinned my hopes on the wrong team in Florida.

Donovan should go to Orlando. He does not have to co-exist with any stars. He can lead Franz and Paolo to many huge runs in the east even after the team restocks Utah with all their spare assets.

Orlando has young and cheaps falling out its ears and Jonathan Issac for salary balance. 

Go fleece the Magic, Danny. And thanks again for checking in.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24316 on: July 15, 2022, 08:47:34 PM »

That's what negotiations are for, aren't they.

Look, didn't you ever imagine that one great function of amassing draft picks is to be able to trade for a star?

We are not dismantling the team! We are DEEP! And that puts us in a good place to make a trade like this.

Sanity visits forum.  Thanks, E.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24317 on: July 15, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »

Danny, it has been nice talking to you. Thank you for helping us with an outsiders perspective on the value of our players. Buhbye now. Good luck moving your boy.

His what?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: RECKLESS
« Reply #24318 on: July 15, 2022, 08:56:41 PM »

If we had not signed Brunson, a big package for Mitchell would make more sense. Two high use midgets you have to keep on the floor gets you a team that never makes it past the first round.

Wait till January when we can get him for Mitch, Evan and two or three firsts. If we miss out entirely we are still better off than if we agree to the current terms offered by Utah.

I understand the spiritual angst of Knicks fans, and this compulsion to get...STARS.

The hesitancy of STARS to come to MSG. 

Hence my obsession with growing our own, and not engaging in the wily nily, AALLL INnnnn at any cost pursuit of a star. 

I love Donovan Mitchell, but the trades some Knicks fans and the media would be eager to sign off on are...

FUCKING RECKLESS

And after we squander all of our draft capital and younguns on Donovan Mitchell, where are the resources to strike when that all elusive SECOND STAR comes available, hmmmm. 

Not too likley given the state of the CBA, and the advantages and incentivizing of the hometown team to reup their talent. 

I mean I have a friend, well, HAD a friend, he kinda left earth orbit, who used to be on this forum, who made a bet with me, that I shall not hold him to, that Zion was coming to the Knicks.  I thought then, that this was masturbatory twaddle.  He also assured me that the Knicks had no long term interest in our former #36 pick, and would look to trade Mitchell.  They might yet, but instead rewarded him for his work, and MR in turn, took the hometown offer to remain with and extend the bond he had developed with Team MATES. 

We are going to be debating this ad infinitum. 

But look at how Phoenix and DeAndre Ayton played out. 

Durant wants to play there?

Suns are not trading Booker.  Hell, they are not even going to trade Bridges. 

As some scribe noted, teams have made their offers for Durant, and beyond THAT, they are going to be standing PAT. 

Nets wanted Scottie Barnes out of Toronto.  Probably asked about Butler and Bam from Miami. 

Irving?  Big BLUFF.

No one is going to risk the resources to bring him on. 

The Lakers.  It's Westbrook for Irving or nightynight, and that would have a nasty impact on the Nyets luxury tax situation. 

The Knicks are going to out wait the Jazz, until all the bids have come in. 

Think Pat Riley and Miami would offer up a package like Ainge is trying to leverage out of the "desperate" Knicks?  The fuck he would, even is he could.  And the two #1 picks he might be prepared to pony up are not going to amount to much. 

The Knicks have a number of connections to Donovan.  The Leon Rose/CAA connection.  The Coach Johnny Bryant connection.  The hometown boy makes good narrative

DM is definitely on their radar. 

I'm not particularly concerned about having a pair of 6'1" guards in the backcourt.  Not ideal defensively but hey, shot makers, shot creators, that draw coverage and read the floor.

The Detroit Backcourt was not big.

Isiah Thomas, 6'1"
Vinnie Johnson, 6'2"
Joe Dumars, 6'3" 

So these "negotiations" are going to drag on, possibly all summer, because as prudent, and calculating and transactional as the Knicks have been in playing the long game, I do not see them, pulling a Donnie Douche and caving in to the demands of an aggressive GM, as they did with Masai Ujiri, when he raped the Knicks on the Melo return, and again on the Bargnani heist. 

Yes, Elephant, those assets were squirrled away for future deals, and the Knicks have traded up out and around our first rounders for three seasons and counting, for cap space and future useage, when they adjudged the prospects available not to be commensurate with what draft capital might hold int he future. 

Almost as if they had...a...PLAN.  And we still ended up with Quickley and Grimes.  And Reddish. 

The willingness of many of my Brothers In Knicks Suffering to pony up a Hershel Walker scaled deal for Donovan Mitchell, my love for DM notwithstanding, is truly sad.  Yes, he is a worthy target, and would be one hell of an addition.  But not at any motherfucking price.  THe notion that we have to match or exceed the Wolves offer for Rudy Gobert is a load of crap. 

My last word...more or less.

Who among your "brethren" has proposed a deal you dont like - and what was it?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Calling for HELP!!!
« Reply #24319 on: July 15, 2022, 10:18:10 PM »

... ... ... ...
                  ... ... ... ...

Chip, it looks like ChamAAco is DESPERATE for a conversation with you.

He really, really, REALLY wants your attention.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24320 on: July 16, 2022, 01:13:34 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Calling for HELP!!!
« Reply #24321 on: July 16, 2022, 10:20:15 PM »

... ... ... ...
                  ... ... ... ...

Chip, it looks like ChamAAco is DESPERATE for a conversation with you.

He really, really, REALLY wants your attention.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24322 on: July 17, 2022, 01:50:22 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Kiid Boshevik
« Reply #24323 on: July 17, 2022, 02:32:46 PM »

Thoseare our last 4 premium draft picks.

With Toronto and Durant (not Kobe?  Donovan is certainly not Kevin) the talk was of Barnes (1 pick) being in it and deal was OFF due to that.  They want FOUR?  I dont think they do.  I think that is PRESS DROPPINGS being spit at by Chi and the masses.

2 of the 4 and picks?  And inclusive of Grimes or Toppin?  Sure.  More realistic.

Lets hope Barrett's 13.7 PER nears 16 this year if we dont get Mitchell.

The MASSES?

Well now, Comrade Kiid, CBS/NBA, for what it's worth.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/donovan-mitchell-trade-rumors-knicks-backed-away-from-jazzs-huge-request-that-included-six-draft-picks/

It was Tony Jones of the ATHLETIC.  And his source was his own imagination
  No doubt all in that package were discussed but not TEN for ONE.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24324 on: July 17, 2022, 04:14:42 PM »

We really have so many picks that if we really want him we are going to get him.

Assuming everyone is healthy, do you like Brogdon and Smart or Brunson and Mitchell better, Harden and Maxey, Trey and DeJonte?

I do not see Brunson and Mitchell as a viable backcourt that works.

You can play them together for 12-18 minutes spread throughout the game and run one or the other the rest of the way so they both get their minutes.

DM would be so much happier in Florida.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

chipstern

• View Profile
Portland
« Reply #24325 on: July 17, 2022, 04:52:07 PM »

Trendon Watford [21 years old, LSU, 6'9" 240] has got game. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24326 on: July 17, 2022, 04:54:48 PM »

With no more trades, I like where we are today. I'm primed to see how Brunson can help Randall....whether Obi keeps ascending...whether Grimes is as talented as I think he can be.

But Julius is our best player.

And that remains a problem. The minute we get someone above him in the pecking order, the team immediately improves. Julius improves.

DM is that someone (and if not DM, how many more fucking years you want to wait to import a good young star?)

The DM + Brunson combo may be a bit undersized. Okay. But that says nothing of chemistry. They're intense motherfuckers who play to win. I can see the combo being formidable.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24327 on: July 17, 2022, 09:49:22 PM »

Believe it - Mitchell is coming to NY
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24328 on: July 17, 2022, 09:58:44 PM »

Assuming everyone is healthy, do you like Brogdon and Smart or Brunson and Mitchell better, Harden and Maxey, Trey and DeJonte?

BROGDON willl come off the bench for Celtics.

1)  Smart, Brown
2)  Young, Muray
3)  Brunson, Mitchell
4)  Harden, Maxey
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24329 on: July 18, 2022, 09:42:00 AM »

My problem with all this of course is that I have never been a great fan of DM

I am sure this will change.
Pages: 1 ... 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 ... 1861