Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1647 1648 [1649] 1650 1651 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145271 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #24720 on: August 28, 2022, 01:59:49 PM »

I dont agree on Thibs lack of offensive acumen.  Its about creating mismatches and making the extra pass when  it is there.  Not as much pick and roll as other teams, true.  But that has been personnel-dependent.  Thibs values his players attacking the game, never takes the rens from any of them.  Builds confidence< i feel.  Is there really any player you feel is being held back by something other than minutes?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24721 on: August 28, 2022, 03:26:36 PM »

Elephant, we had the 11th best defensive rating all season last year and the league best after the all star break.

If there is a key to unlocking and refurbishing Jules, it is Hartenstein. He has the defensive chops to cover some warts on that end and can space, set up, and cut in ways that can open options on offense Jules has never had here. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24722 on: August 28, 2022, 06:28:27 PM »

Elephant, we had the 11th best defensive rating all season last year and the league best after the all star break.

If there is a key to unlocking and refurbishing Jules, it is Hartenstein. He has the defensive chops to cover some warts on that end and can space, set up, and cut in ways that can open options on offense Jules has never had here.

Be interesting to see how Thibs cross pollinates the first and second unit.

And how Mitchell responds to competitive juice from Hartenstein and Sims.

Likewise, Mitchell is overdue for some new wrinkles in his role on the offensive end.

Remember that play late in the season when he put the ball on the floor and dribbled down to the hoop to set up his own unassisted SlammaJamma?

chipstern

• View Profile
Why?
« Reply #24723 on: August 28, 2022, 08:59:00 PM »

I see that SquidFarter is still campaigning for the Knicks to sign Carmelo.

RJ Barrett, Evan Fournier, Cam Reddish,
Julius Randle, Obi Toppin, Isaiah Hartenstein

Again, what am I missing here?

What need does Anthony fill? 

What players does he supplant? 

PS: Question.  Why does Carmelo Anthony remain unsigned?  Riddle me that?  Why do the Lakers of all people seem indifferent to his contribution? 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 09:45:52 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24724 on: August 28, 2022, 10:53:34 PM »

I do not think signing Anthony at this point in his career implies any promise of minutes. His role is steadily diminishing since he was in OKC. He is 37 already. I can think of worse depth pieces than Melo behind Randle and Toppin. Unfortunately the NY media would go overboard making a thing out of it if he sat significantly more than he played which would be the intent. For that reason it might be worth passing on both sides.

Since every single player on our roster can dust him, though none can shut him down, I do not mind him going to a rival club if we or he chooses to pass on a reunion.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24725 on: August 28, 2022, 11:40:37 PM »

Mitchell only makes sense in NY if he is running point. Maybe we revisit it once we can move Brunson.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24726 on: August 29, 2022, 12:20:12 AM »

PS: Question.  Why does Carmelo Anthony remain unsigned?  Riddle me that?  Why do the Lakers of all people seem indifferent to his contribution?

Melo will have a choice of teams in the end.

chipstern

• View Profile
WOW
« Reply #24727 on: August 29, 2022, 12:32:27 AM »

Mitchell only makes sense in NY if he is running point. Maybe we revisit it once we can move Brunson.

You have ascended to the realm of the phantasmagorical. 

Wow...WOW

Just

WOW

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24728 on: August 29, 2022, 10:08:58 AM »

Fac is beaten since he isnt genuine.  Likes to just say shit to be an asshole.  Likely knows more about issues than appears.  Just lets his combative personality rule what he types.

A better Fac would sure make for better forum, here and elsewhere.  But he has to bury his anger first.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24729 on: August 29, 2022, 02:17:17 PM »

Yes to the potential of Hartenstein! Looking forward to seeing him more.

No to the bullshit about our defense. The drop off last year was significant. And we won just 37 fucking games! Stop with the argument about defensive power. The other guys score more points than we do! And in close 4th quarter games, we tended not to make the stops that playoff teams do.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #24730 on: August 29, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »

No to the bullshit about our defense. The drop off last year was significant. And we won just 37 fucking games! Stop with the argument about defensive power. The other guys score more points than we do! And in close 4th quarter games, we tended not to make the stops that playoff teams do.

I thought we sucked in the fourth quarter in parts because

* No Point Guard

* Predictable offense

* Thibs over played our starters and they were simply gassed

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24731 on: August 29, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »

Svi!!!  Open roster spot

Shams Charania   The Toronto Raptors are waiving forward Svi Mykhailiuk, sources tell  TheAthletic  Stadium. Mykhailiuk, who is currently playing for Ukraines national team at FIBA EuroBasket, is seeking a fresh start elsewhere

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24732 on: August 29, 2022, 03:02:35 PM »

* No Point Guard

* Predictable offense

but most importantly.....

(cue Thibs)

the other teams executed better

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #24733 on: August 29, 2022, 04:13:41 PM »

* No Point Guard

* Predictable offense

This...is also true.

chipstern

• View Profile
Elephant Dance [a.k.a. Who Blinks First?]
« Reply #24734 on: August 29, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »

I know you are an enthusiast for a Mitchell Deal

I am NOT

Be that as it may

Proud of Leon Rose and Brock Aller and Scott Perry and Walt Perrin not letting themselves get punked by Ainge. 

The points of contention appear to be

* The Knicks unwillingness to include R.J.

* The Knicks unwillingness to offload ALL OF THEIR UNPROTECTED #1 Picks [2023-24-25-26-27-28-29 in alternating years]

I am sure that the Dallas 2023 #1 [Top 10 Protected] is on the table. 

Pistons pick is Top 18 protected in 2023-24, Top 13 in 2025.

Wizards pick is Top 14 protected 2023-25. 

Bucks 2025 Top 4 protected. 

That's FOUR #1 picks. 

I suspect the Knicks are offering all four of those picks, probably whatever second rounders they have left, plus one of our own unprotected #1 picks PLUS Evan Fournier. 

FIVE #1 picks is a pretty generous offer where I come from. 

Likewise, Fournier could be flippable to the Lakers with Conley-or-whatfuckingever [Clarkson-Bogdonavich-Beasley] for Westbrook and the Lakers 2027 and 2029 #1 picks. 

Westbrook/Mitchell salary comes off the cap in the summer of 2023, which is significant. 

Ainge ends up with what, SEVEN Motherfucking #1 picks.  And cap space.

Potentially LOTS OF FUCKING CAP SPACE In The Summer Of 2023

Mitchell [$30,000,000]
Conley [$22-24,000,000 through 2024
Bogdonavitch [$19.5 million expring in 2023]
Beasley [$16.5 million team option in 2023]

I mean, HOLY ACTUAL FUCKING DAMN, that's $88,000,000 in cap space in the summer of 2023. 

Not TOO Shabby. 

Clearly the Knicks are willing to part with ONE of our own #1 picks. 

Clearly Ainge wants FOUR UNPROTECTED #1 picks  plus all of the protected picks.

PLUS, oh, I don't know: Grimes, Toppin, RJ.

Clearly the Knicks have told him, uh, WE DON'T THINK SO....

CLEARLY AINGE has run out of bluffs. 

Seven #1 picks, a Sam Presti-Like Haul, plus writing off both Mitchell-Conley's salaries, with close to $90,000,000 in cap space. 

Don't be greedy, Danny.

I take it back. 

Be GREEDY Danny, cause Leon-Brock-Scott-Walt have made it clear that they ain't going to buckle. 

Training camp is less than a month away. 

I say fuck it, but clearly a deal is still in play.

Stay tuned.   
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 07:21:07 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1647 1648 [1649] 1650 1651 ... 1861