Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912564 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #450 on: September 03, 2018, 02:52:34 AM »

So Phoenix is reportedly on the hunt for a PG. Here is a way they could get one that would be beneficial to both teams. It works under the salary cap and fits with the idea that they need a pg badly now (though with Knight, the May have needed one badly before) and that they are acquiring vets for a playoff push.

Trey Burke and Courtney Lee for Daryl Aurthur and Mikal Bridges.

It gives them the services and bird rights for Burke along with Lee, another valuable 3&D vet to add to the vet group of Chandler, Ryno, and Ariza giving them a wing rotation of Ariza, Booker, Jackson, and Lee. Arthur wasn’t going to see time behind Ryno and TJ Warren so that’s no loss. The real cost is Mikal who was the fourth man in a group that needs a steady contributor more than another emerging talent.

Since we’re waiving JoNo anyway, we’ll wind up with

Kanter Robinson Kornet
Vonleh Aurthur  KP
Knox Hezonja Thomas
Hardaway Bridges Dotson
Frank Mudiay Baker

Kadeem Allen and Alonzo Trier remain on deck if Fizz wants more of a spark plug attacking guard.

It would be essentially leveraging Trey Burke to turn Courtney Lee into Mikal Bridges. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:54:05 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 03, 2018, 11:04:35 AM »

Well, That's never happening.
If PHX somehow loved TB, we'd be lucky to extract TJ Warren.
Don't forget, Burke was on the scrap heap a year ago, and still only projects as a dangerous scoring backup PG, if he can replicate high efficiency on tough midrange J's.

But Burke is not really an orchestrator and is ball dominant.  Would be terrible next to Booker.  Both like to handle, get their own shot and are defenseless.  They are not giving up a late lottery pick for a shrimpy backup PG who would give them the worst defensive backcourt.  I like when people look for creative trades, but that seems awfully one-sided for NYK.

One interesting option for PHX is Pa Bev.
He's a defensive menace, can hit open 3's (a 3&D PG), and can run the offense enough, while allowing DevBook to do much of the playmaking.  Pa Bev is also one of 3 PG's LAC has.  Shai and Teodesic can fill the PG position.   So they don't really need an aging and ending PaBev. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 03, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »

So Phoenix is reportedly on the hunt for a PG. Here is a way they could get one that would be beneficial to both teams. It works under the salary cap and fits with the idea that they need a pg badly now (though with Knight, the May have needed one badly before) and that they are acquiring vets for a playoff push.

Trey Burke and Courtney Lee for Daryl Aurthur and Mikal Bridges.

It gives them the services and bird rights for Burke along with Lee, another valuable 3&D vet to add to the vet group of Chandler, Ryno, and Ariza giving them a wing rotation of Ariza, Booker, Jackson, and Lee. Arthur wasn’t going to see time behind Ryno and TJ Warren so that’s no loss. The real cost is Mikal who was the fourth man in a group that needs a steady contributor more than another emerging talent.

Since we’re waiving JoNo anyway, we’ll wind up with

Kanter Robinson Kornet
Vonleh Aurthur  KP
Knox Hezonja Thomas
Hardaway Bridges Dotson
Frank Mudiay Baker

Kadeem Allen and Alonzo Trier remain on deck if Fizz wants more of a spark plug attacking guard.

It would be essentially leveraging Trey Burke to turn Courtney Lee into Mikal Bridges.

When they say they want a PG they probably dont mean a Trey Burke

They just let Elfrid Payton go.

I think there are stronger teams that have a third PG that Suns might pry away - OR ......as I said - Jarret Jack, Ramon Sessions, Jameer Nelson route.  Tyler Ennis also rexently made available.

Too bad they missed on Calderon.  He was perfect as a leader but maybe not for how they want to play

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 03, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »

I’m curious to see what Phoenix ultimately gets and what they give up for it. They may go the UFA route if they can’t deal for a player they like more.

I’m ok going into camp with what we’ve got and then going into the season with the best of that.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 03, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »

I think Okobo can be their starter at some point this year.  And Canaan is underrated.  Nelson makes sense, if he wants it.

Does anyone have Ty Lawson yet?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 03, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »

I didn’t see anything about Lawson, but Jack, Sessions, and Nelson are all still available.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 03, 2018, 05:42:16 PM »

Given the Serbian connection (Kokoskov), I could see: Milos Teodosic & Boban Marjanovic for Tyson Chandler & Richaun Holmes & Phoenix's next available second rounder.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 03, 2018, 06:42:49 PM »

Kind of like the new look Clips

But I think Marjanovic is better than Chandler at this point.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
No News is News
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:51 PM »

We were supposedly waiving Joakim Noah on Sept 1...
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: No News is News
« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2018, 09:57:41 PM »

We were supposedly waiving Joakim Noah on Sept 1...

Hmmmmmmmm....

Would still rather keep him, as remote a possibility though that might be.  Why gift him to the T-Wolves when he could help mentor our bigs, and inculcate a defensive mindset? 

Courtly still a Knick as well. 

We shall see what happens after Labor Day.  Training camp breaks on September 24. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:00:01 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »

Distinction was between pre 9/1 and post 9/1

EXACTLY on 9/1 is not an issue.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Philosophy
« Reply #461 on: September 04, 2018, 01:06:03 AM »

Distinction was between pre 9/1 and post 9/1

EXACTLY on 9/1 is not an issue.

Deep AND Profound.

EXACTLY on 9/3.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 04, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »

You guys keep putting Robinson on the 12/15.  I am telling you - he will be G League when we tip in October.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 04, 2018, 10:42:38 AM »

Financially we could cut him in early 2019 and it wouldn't make a difference to the tax/cap/apron from cutting him yesterday.

SO the question must be asked... why is he still on the roster?

So far one explanation is to make training camp more competitive.... since if we open up the roster spot before camp maybe nobody feels the urgency to compete.

That's the best explanation so far.  Open to other theories.

And i find that explanation unsatisfying.  What if he injures someone during camp?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 04, 2018, 12:55:52 PM »

The flip side of that is what if one or more of our ambulatory bigs gets hurt. Then we may want to keep and play Noah, at least to start the year.

If we’re not trying to add someone, there is no urgency to cut Noah before camp.

Robinson may see plenty of GLeague time, but it will come as he holds his roster spot similar to Dotson last year. His rim protection, rim running, and finishing will keep him on the 12 man group and get him on the floor as early and often as possible.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 1848