Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914021 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Expectations--We're #1?
« Reply #900 on: October 01, 2018, 02:51:24 PM »

Curious

2018 NBA Draft

#9 Knox
#36 Robinson

2017 NBA Draft

#8 Ntilinkina
#44 Dotson

2015 NBA Draft

#4 Porzingis
#5 Hezonja
#7 Mudiay

2014 NBA Draft

#9 Vonleh

2013 NBA Draft

#9 Burke
#24 Hardaway

2011 NBA Draft

#3 Kanter

chipstern

• View Profile
Fizdale's Initial Starting Lineup For Monday, October 1
« Reply #901 on: October 01, 2018, 03:30:43 PM »

C: Enes Kanter
PF: Lance Thomas
SF: Kevin Knox
SG: Tim Hardaway
PG: Trey Burke

Utah Jazz during the nascent days of the Eaton/Malone/Stockton Era, used to have an offensively gifted SF/PF name of Thurl Bailey. 

However, early on in his development, the Jazz used to start Mark Iavorani, a smaller and more defensively oriented SF/PF, and have Bailey, who got more cumulative minutes at SF, and offered more offensive fire power, come off the bench. 

One of the challenges Fizdale faces, is finding minutes for everyone, and divining a balance of offense and defense. 

Nothing is written in stone, vis a vis who starts, who comes off of the bench, and who finishes. 

But this lineup makes a certain amount of sense. 

Hezonja can come off of the bench to spell either Knox or Thomas at SF/PF, giving him an opportunity to find his rhythm against less daunting second unit players.  Likewise, Vonleh at PF say with Kornet at center, or, oh, say Robinson at center with Hezonja at PF. 

Having watched a number of Hezonja highlight reels from 2017-2018, when he finally saw some daylight for the Orlando Magic, I have a feeling that Perry's role of the dice might work out for Mario and the Knicks.  How his defense evolves, remains to be seen, but he is a lights out fucking shooter from the perimeter, moves well without the ball, and can create off of the dribble. 

Fingers crossed. 

Now, how Fizz deploys Frank and Emmanuel, let alone Dotson and Lee (and Trier) off of the bench, represents another interesting subtext. 

How to find minutes for everyone, minutes earned, presumably, yet keeping everyone involved and in some semblance of rhythm, is a big challenge...not to tamp down anyone's competitive fire. 

We shall see. 

Summer is gone, and the Knicks are here, and all those dog days of speculation draw to a close, as we may now have some empirical evidence as to what we've got, and how Fizz pushes everyone's buttons and manages the team. 

And can he succeed where coach after coach after coach has failed miserably--ESTABLISHING A DEFENSIVE CULTURE. 

I, personally, will be paying particular attention to opposing three point shooters, an area where other teams relished coming into the GARDEN to pad their stats and add to their highlight reels. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
My lineup
« Reply #902 on: October 01, 2018, 07:50:17 PM »

Was who should start.  Not who I predict will start.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Nagel

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #903 on: October 01, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »

clearly we should be the favorites in the East .

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 01, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »

Chris Dudley enters the Kavanaugh conversation.
And . . . another missed FT.

Looks like Chris protests too much...should have spent less time in bars and more time working on his free throws: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/us/politics/kavanaugh-bar-fight.html

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
The Fizz Kids
« Reply #905 on: October 01, 2018, 10:56:26 PM »

I loves me some David Fizdale. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Expectations--We're #1?
« Reply #906 on: October 02, 2018, 12:11:31 AM »

Curious

2018 NBA Draft

#9 Knox
#36 Robinson

2017 NBA Draft

#8 Ntilinkina
#44 Dotson

2015 NBA Draft

#4 Porzingis
#5 Hezonja
#7 Mudiay

2014 NBA Draft

#9 Vonleh

2013 NBA Draft

#9 Burke
#24 Hardaway

2011 NBA Draft

#3 Kanter

Couple of the guys listed were #2 picks.

But aside from the fact we have collected some first round talent there isn't anything particularly remarkable there

Lots of teams have first rounders and the fact is we have no Top 3 picks except Enes Kanter

Wizards:

John Wall #1 pick first rd
Bradley Beal #3 pick first rd
Otto Porter #3 pick first rd

It's not how many past first rounders you can acquire.  A patient rebuild requires a more cast-iron stomach.  And get REALLY BAD before you get good.

We (the Knicks) always play both sides of the fence.... "let's try to make the playoffs with a team going nowhere" year after year after year
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:13:23 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 02, 2018, 08:46:16 AM »

Taylor has options

But would you call Butler's bluff, refuse to pay him, rather than work a deal?

I would, if I didn't like the deal.

But a Brooklyn deal mentioned yesterday did seem plenty fair.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 02, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

Re:  our approach

A 4, 8, 9 and lets say 10 pick in successive drafts plus a great NBA vet to cash in plus tons of cap space should be plenty.

Many teams go the rock bottom route and never get good.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 02, 2018, 11:47:40 AM »

Fultz playing WITH Simmons last night - Redick off the bench

Eltom Brand has said the quest is for that third big player, mentioning "Markelle" and "Dario", emphasis on Fultzie

Payton and Holiday also playing (starting) together in New O
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:50:02 AM by kiidcarter8 »

chipstern

• View Profile
And Here's To You, Mitchell Robinson
« Reply #910 on: October 02, 2018, 12:43:35 PM »

Nice effort by our Skinny Shaq last night. 

Running the floor and being in position to be the recipient of a couple of really sweet passes in the paint by Hezonja and a wonderful long lob on the run from Mudiay. 

As per his "confrontation" with Morris, I was struck by how he didn't back down, yet still kept his cool.  On the sequence in which MM got tossed, the Wizards PF was jabbering away in his ear, trying to, I don't know, if not provoke him, let the rook know who the fuck you think you messin' with, boy, and Mitchell kind of turned his back on him and refused to take the bait, and finally in walking away from the MF, he put up his hands as if to say NO MAS, with a big smile on his face as if to say, "Hey, Ref, it ain't me engaging," at which point MM got tossed. 

I was struck by what a chill, mature response that was, and how while the rook stood up for himself, he didn't take the bait. 

PS: Alonzo Trier looked very resourceful with the ball, in creating for himself, and was the one player Fizdale singled out as having a hall pass from his one second to create, nothing there, pass the ball down the line.  And Damyean Dotson looked good in OT, ringing up points.  Glad to see Baker getting a shot as well, besides the one in his eye (using his own saliva as a saline solution to re-insert his contact lenses).  My rook PG from Morehouse, Walker, was a turnover machine (and got waived today)  Still, Fizz gave him a good long look, despite clearly being ticketed for the G-League, along with everyone at the tail end of the roster, including Hicks, who looked quicker and more decisive (Vonleh looked interesting as well...bigger than I recall).  Anyway, plenty of work to do, particularly on the boards, and while one doesn't want to get all giddy over a pre-season game, I liked the pace at which The Fizz Kids are pressing the action, and how the coach is keeping everyone in the moment and involved and rooting for each other with a deep rotation. 

PPS: Waiving Walker means the Knicks can get forward Jeff Coby into camp, while still leaning on Noah to give back more money.  Can't quite gauge is Knicks told Noah not to show up or if he declined to show up, but considering the Knicks never dicked around with his money, coming off his suspension/mutual sabbatical following the Hornacek Dustup, it would seem the Knicks are committed to getting Noah to lighten up on his buyout demands/aspirations.  We shall see. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:49:09 PM by chipstern »

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 02, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »

the Super Mario signing may turn into one of our best deals.

the kid can play.  obviously he is not going to start once KP returns but he could be our third forward ( behind KP and Knox) capable of playing the 3 or the  4 giving us a shooter as either position.

he has a great opportunity this year to show what he can do.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 02, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »

Watching some of the replay.
Tim Jr looked bad.
Uber-Kelly looked good.

Knix fouled a lot.
Knox looked good.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 02, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »

Porzingis plays the 5, so Mario slots right in when Kanter leaves.

Only problem is he is on a one year deal.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 02, 2018, 01:13:33 PM »

Watching some of the replay.
Tim Jr looked bad.
Uber-Kelly looked good.

Knix fouled a lot.
Knox looked good.

He always does
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 1848