Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964597 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Top 3 things to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving
« Reply #2205 on: November 23, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »

1. The 2018 NBA draft:  With Mitch and Zo it really looks like we got two guys who should have been first round picks.
2. The improvement and improved consistency of Tim Hardaway jr.
3. Coach Fizdale for giving everyone multiple chances and trying multiple lineups with no regard to salary.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
and considerable mention
« Reply #2206 on: November 23, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »

4. Noah Vonleh

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2207 on: November 23, 2018, 10:54:52 PM »

I was just about to bring up Vonleh as a Dirty Kurty kind of player we have on this squad who gives substance with his recent string of double-doubles.

We have a lot of guards who can go off and they all play hard on or off.

Kanter has turned up his D to effortfull and almost passable. It makes him a scratch player which is a big help.

The big thing holding Knox and Mitch back at this point are fouls.

I don’t know if we’ll always win if we play this well, but I hope we can sustain our level of play and find out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 23, 2018, 11:07:09 PM »

Some wins here and there, esp against decent teams, are the fertilizer this crop occasionally requires.  I have no issue there.  I don't like the wins against the weak teams.  That's a dual back breaker.  Gives them a loss and us a W.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 23, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »

Kanter-Vonleh might be what is needed in the SL

Offense/Defense

chipstern

• View Profile
MUDIAY & VONLEH
« Reply #2210 on: November 23, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »

Fizz won't give up on any of his pups or reclamation projects. 

Emmanuel was a bulldog tonight: 7 rebounds and 4 steals to go with 27 points. 

And nobody was happier for him than Trey Burke.

Just as no one was happier for Trey the other night than Mudiay and Ntilikina. 

Like Fizz say, pulling for each other, no jealousy, team first,

Then go after each other in practice. 

Oh, and the Noah Vonleh/Kurt Thomas comparisons made me smile.  As did Vonleh's 4-7 from trey, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks.  He and Enes make for a nice dynamic balance...the much maligned EK with 7-12, 12 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal and 3 blocks, thank you very much. 

Mudiay & Vonleh. 

Two of our reclamation projects are evolving nicely. 

And our puppy Trier...HOLY SHIT.  Sorry Biz, your Kanter/Mudiay for Beal scenario is fascinating, but the Wiz can keep Beal, with all due respect to BB: Allonzo, 9-12, 3-3 from trey, with 8 rebounds and 4 assists.  Still think I'm tripping? 

Fuck ME. 

And on an evening when Timmy couldn't find his ass with both hands in a rainstorm, a big defensive play leading to the Mudiay breakaway, 4 assists and 2 FTs to seal the deal. 

Two good wins against Two GOOD TEAMS. 

And Sunday on the road in Memphis. 

[Gulp]

We Shall See. 

Anyway, that was fun...and once again, the Garden was rocking with chants of defense.  Been a while. 

PS: Not missing Kyle O'Quinn. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:57:45 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: November 24, 2018, 04:31:52 AM »

Enes is going to have to defend like he did in his good stretches this game for a while before I stop missing O’Quinn. I don’t know if he would have been too alike to function with Vonleh and I don’t think we’re likely to ever find out. The Pacers certainly aren’t getting much use out of him.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/11/how-new-lottery-odds-will-affect-nbas-race-to-the-bottom.html

This is a good reference if you want to clarify your stance vis-a-vis tanking as our record oscillates over the course of the season. 

Teams 1-6 should be excited about their prospects. After that there is a pretty good drop off.

It seems there’s a chance we’ll see Lee in the next homestand.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 24, 2018, 05:25:47 AM »

Speaking of Courtney Lee, assuming he looks good in his return, I dreamed up a little deal with one of our division rivals who are definitely in the hunt and have recently weakened their frontcourt and depth for a star wing. We give Philly pieces for their run at the East this year. We shuffle our strengths and get Courtney Lee off the books.

Kid’s insistence that Enes can play PF with the right center partially inspired this.

Enes Kanter, Courtney Lee, and Trey Burke for Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler, and JJ Reddick.

Reddick would have to agree.

The Sixers would have the Embid Kanter thing, consecutively or concurrently as they see fit. Enes is a big upgrade over Muscala to compensate for the drop off from Reddick to Lee who as a 3&D guy might be a better compliment to Butler and Simmons. They also get a spark plug scorer in his prime in Trey which would help them swallow the Lee money next year.

All the guys we bring in would expire.

We’d still have sixteen guys. Muscala would give us a completely different dynamic, but paired with Vonleh would be stout enough up front with better weakside help in exchange for rebounding. On offense the frontcourt could keep up with the guards. Wil gives Knox and and Mario a great mentor while being a 2 way adult 3-4. JJ is JJ. We’d have at shooting guard a similar bounty to what we’d let Philly have a center.

Muscala Mitch Kornet
Vonleh Chandler KP
Mario Knox Thomas
Hardaway Reddick Dotson
Mudiay Trier Frank

Bye bye Baker unless Reddick would want a buyout so he could pick a contender. Even then I’d probably be for this deal for the cap savings and influx of mobile skill up front.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: November 24, 2018, 07:55:09 AM »

Sixers aren't giving up JJ Redick for that return. Not even for Timmy.

How about Courtney Lee and Trey Burke for Markelle Fultz?  They'd say no, but it does give them shooting. Hurts us this year, but Fultz is still worth a roll of the dice. And we'd have about enough money with that trade to sign KD to a max deal.

Vonleh has turned into my fave Knick. He *must* be re-signed. KP/Meech/Vonleh/Knox is fine as the four bigs next year if we are still rebuilding and don't acquire any big name vets.

I can live without Subpar Mario. I'd rather see Dotson get those minutes.

Knox is not a good NBA player right now. Hope Fiz continues to give him time, however. He doesn't need to start or play >25 mpg, but I'd like to see him get consistent minutes.

Kam, Lester - we need to have a heart-to-heart on Mudiay. He might be here next year. Are you ready to reconcile yourselves with that possibility?

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: November 24, 2018, 07:56:54 AM »

Most importantly, if we keep things up, we’ll be fun to watch all season.

For me, this is the second most fun team of the past decade, after our 54 win team that would have beat Indy in the playoffs had Lance and Augustin not had career games and had Woody benched Amare earlier and had Kidd hit one of his last, what was it, 25 shots?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: November 24, 2018, 08:18:12 AM »

Please say no to anyone over 26 except a major star missing piece. Knix have been looking for major band aid fixes for decades. Flawed clunkers all.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 24, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »

Fizz called Vonleh the Knix "most complete player"
Funny since we got him off the scrap heap.

I like what he's brought, but lets see if he can keep up with double digit scoring.  It wasn't too long ago where he was bricky.  And then there was a foul-prone stretch.  He has been fine in this good stretch.
If he can keep fouls in check and score efficiently, he's a keeper.  Like most young players he needs to develop consistency.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: November 24, 2018, 10:06:49 AM »

Kam, Lester - we need to have a heart-to-heart on Mudiay. He might be here next year. Are you ready to reconcile yourselves with that possibility?

If he keeps playing like last night AND ups it on "D," I'll handle it.

** small sample size, but extremely impressed that he has almost eliminated those bonehead make-me-cringe-drives-to-nowhere. I keep expecting to cringe and then I DON'T!

*** in no way does this recent "blossoming" change my position on priorities. Frank's development, by whichever method turns out to be correct (benching, starting, unlimited minutes, limited minutes, g-league, unfettered green light, quick yanks), remains a much greater priority

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:18:03 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: MUDIAY & VONLEH
« Reply #2218 on: November 24, 2018, 10:19:36 AM »

PS: Not missing Kyle O'Quinn.

Heh.

Told you.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: November 24, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »

If he keeps playing like last night AND ups it on "D," I'll handle it.

** small sample size, but extremely impressed that he has almost eliminated those bonehead make-me-cringe-drives-to-nowhere. I keep expecting to cringe and then I DON'T!

*** in no way does this recent "blossoming" change my position on priorities. Frank's development, by whichever method turns out to be correct (benching, starting, unlimited minutes, limited minutes, g-league, unfettered green light, quick yanks), remains a much greater priority

Emmanuel Mudiay  aka Hey man you'll boo the guy has looked ok.  Won't we have to renounce him to have a shot at anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 1851