Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964324 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3135 on: December 27, 2018, 08:17:14 PM »

Mudy has become an NBA unguardable.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Use the force Luke
« Reply #3136 on: December 27, 2018, 08:22:44 PM »

Kornet making me forget Kanter already
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 27, 2018, 08:23:13 PM »

Getting a look at current top 20 guys Garland (pg) and Shittu (of) of Vandy tonight.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 27, 2018, 08:27:26 PM »

Check that - just found out Garland out for season

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 27, 2018, 08:42:21 PM »

Knicks are actually playing great defense as a team!

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Use the force Luke
« Reply #3140 on: December 27, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »

Kornet making me forget Kanter already

He really just needs to go and some of our fans need to wake up. Sorry, and sad as I have mad love for the guy, but he really has no future here.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 27, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »

Vonleh doing work and showing why he's a potential long term player here.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 27, 2018, 09:17:02 PM »

In other worrying NBA draft news for us...

More and more scouts I hear identify an "ocean" as a gap between Zion (who's suggested not at Lebron level) and #2 (Barrett) in terms of talent, and in general express reservations about this year's draft. I heard Jonathan Wasserman of Blecher Report on Knicks Film School call it "pretty weak" after Barrett (so picks #3 and below) as it's made up of a giant pack of players that he claims are difficult to separate.

So, if you don't get top 1 or 2 at this point sounds as though chances of getting it right with one's pick is more of a "crapshoot" and makes relying upon it all the more concerning if you are trying to use it to build a team as some hope it willl.

We're gonna need a lot of Ommmmms this summer that's for sure.

One player he mentioned the Knicks might look at - suggesting that need is then what may be the "tie breaker" if you can't differentiate players clearly enough - is Ja Morant from Murray State, as he's a PG who's a top level athlete who can pass/create/handle the ball(!) and rising.

Last thing he said, was "I think [Frank] will be successful, but not in New York."

Ike do you get a chance to see the games?

Williamson is a freak athlete and a special player.  But others do impress.

Ask Bank about Hachimura.  He will fill you in

(Seriously though you have to like Barrett and Bol.)

Admittedly kid, nah.

Just commenting on what I hear and read.

I'll check on those players.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Kanter feels slighted again.
« Reply #3143 on: December 28, 2018, 12:17:28 AM »

Does he think he's Marc Gasol?

--

Head coach David Fizdale opted to send the center to the bench in favor of the unheralded Luke Kornet for Thursday night’s game, a rematch with the Bucks.

When the news came out, Kanter took to Twitter and posted a face palm emoji, seemingly expressing displeasure with the benching.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 28, 2018, 12:20:12 AM »

I was actualy kinda liking Fizdale's decision to just go with a different look.  In the end it made little difference in the W column, but it did worlds for player development.  Even Ntilikina came out like a different player with a more take it to the rim attitide.  I like coach for this squad.  He's great as the guy before the guy.... be nice to find our Steve Kerr.  Maybe its the same guy.  At any rate i think we are on the right path for this group and this coach.

And Enes,  get off the Twitter.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Kevin Knox - in good company
« Reply #3145 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:28 AM »

His streak of 8 straight games of 15 or more points was snapped tonight.  12 / 6  with foul trouble.
The last Knick Rookie to post 8 straight 15+ point games was..... Patrick Ewing.
(Who also did it on Christmas.)

After a slow start, Knox is starting to show why he was a Top 10 pick. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 28, 2018, 02:09:42 AM »

Mudy has become an NBA unguardable.

Except for layups, which he can't make.
Or does that mean that he's not an NBA guard?

So if Tim is an elite scorer and Mud is unguardable, then we must have one of the best backcourts in the League.  Good to know ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 28, 2018, 02:20:59 AM »

Vonleh and Know played pretty solid D on Anti-Greek.
And Kornet went all General Tsao's chicken out there.

Wimpy Days NBA:  Double techs and Kanter ejected for a terribly minor confrontation.  Worse is that it took over 5 minutes to resolve while the refs watched TV.  Nothing happened,  that could have been resolved in 1 minute.  Either call nothing or double techs and gte on with it.  I guess the delay was they decided to give Kant a Tech for a uncalled foul on the play before.  Anyway = boring.

NBA needs to learn how and when and for how long to employ Reviews.

Well, here's where we play a ton of tough teams for another 4 weeks.  Good time for Fizz to mix and match, and earn those L's while developing.  So far, who hasn't played well for the Knix this year at some point? 

Mario needs to get going.  But we tried starting him before.  if Bo be Fizz I would have inserted Mario in after the Kant-Greek dustup, and Kant leaving to get stitches.  We were down 10 with 7 minutes to go on the Road against a better team.  I would have sent a message by sending in another Anti-Greek antagonist.  Maybe get in his head a little.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 28, 2018, 03:11:24 AM »

Trier and Datsun combined 3-19 FG.
Trier got blocked a couple times going to the rim against 3 guys.
Trier and Mud didn't consider kicking out, preferring to get blocked.

Geo Hill has been a useful piece.  And gave Trier a taste of his own off-arm push off.  But basically Hill is a solid bench cog, and Brogdon has slid in next to Bledsoe, allowing him to combo guard more.  Kind of like Tim Frazier and Jrue in NO, only JRue a much better shooter than Bled.  Brog is such a steady smart customer.  Probably appreciates getting advice from vet Hill who has been around.

But overall, I just don't see MIL as a true contender.  In the playoffs, teams aren't going to let Anti-G just bulrush to the rim.  [I liked one play where Vonleh dropped off 15 feet and let Greek have a wide-open practice 3 .. even though he made that one].  Their 3-Pt shooting is erratic (Lopez, Brogdon), while Middleton can get hot.  But he's the only one you have to seriously guard out there.  When their offense stalls, they wind up with things like The Maker shooting 3's. 

Nobody to really initiate the half court offense.  Bled and Brog and Greek all do some of that.  Just seems like more of a strong regular season team, than any real playoff threat.  Their bench is okay, but I wouldn't trust any of them to come through in the playoffs except for Hill.  Ilya has been around and can get hot and occasionally have an impact but is also usually quiet and chumpy on D.  Snell okay, but up and down.  Maker, DJ Flip Wilson, DiVicenzo, Connaughton, Sterling all decent young role players but inexperienced.

I have TOR, BOS and PHI ahead of the Bucks.  Who are probably more in the tier with IND, imo.  Best case for MIL is to finish Top 3 and win a  1st round series v. DET or MIA.  And then PHI has fewer anti-anti-Greek stoppers than TOR (Siakim/Ibaka/Kawhi/og) or BOS (Tatum/Horford/Brown)

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

PrezIke

• View Profile
Re: Kanter feels slighted again.
« Reply #3149 on: December 28, 2018, 08:33:04 AM »

Does he think he's Marc Gasol?

--

Head coach David Fizdale opted to send the center to the bench in favor of the unheralded Luke Kornet for Thursday night’s game, a rematch with the Bucks.

When the news came out, Kanter took to Twitter and posted a face palm emoji, seemingly expressing displeasure with the benching.

Would be interesting to hear what all of our fans that "love him" because he fronts as a tough dude, talks a good game, and loves being in NY think about this.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:34:47 AM by PrezIke »
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1851