Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963532 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3180 on: December 28, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »

Mud is evolving from a talented but overrated draft bust into a possible quality starting NBA pg before our eyes. Yes rebounds do count. Empty stat.? Only looks bad because he gets no help on knix. He worked well with KP. Another empty stat. no one on knix is close in RBs. Not in the same time zone even! He does have very good inside scoring skills when he is not the only one to defend. Yes everyone in the NBA is grossly overpaid by real life standards.

Alan Hahn on ESPN Radio today cited Mudiay's team presence and leadership ability.

Interesting.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 28, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »

Someone else will get those rebounds of course.  Maybe the other team will grab a couple more per game if we don't have Kanter.  But whoever else we put in for Kanter (or other Knicks) will make up most of the ones we lose.

Look what Kornet gave us .... three pt shooting, floor spacing. And more shotblocking to boot.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 28, 2018, 10:24:35 PM »

36 minutes out of 48 is the statistical standard used for comparisons of starters. No one plays 48 minutes and the numbers are skewered when comparing part timers.

Yes, but I always thought per 30 mins was better, more reasonable.
It's more around what guys actually play (so what you might actually get per game).  Plus it is easy to adjust the numbers up or down slightly to relate to actual minutes.  Per 36 makes the numbers sound inflated for all but guys playing more than 36 mins.  ie. Most guys.

30 also an easy number to work with.  So for a guy averaging around 10, 15 or 20 mins, you can adjust to per 30 in your head easily.  Not sure why per 36 became the standard.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: December 28, 2018, 11:46:53 PM »

Suns played Thunder even for 3Q's before falling apart in the final frame. 

A weak offensive game for Uber, who didn't look confident in his 3's.  At least one missed corner 3 he followed and tipped the rebound to a teammate.  But Uber did play good D.  Westbrook went for 17-29 FG.  But by my count Westbrook was 0-5 FG when guarded by Uber.  Once Rustbrook drove baseline past Uber who recovered and knocked the ball out of Westbrook's hands as he tried for a layup.  And PHX got possession.   But it was Shroder who led the 4Q push, with some 3's and dishes to Adams.

Uber did have a PHX high +/-.
Funny to see Fatty Felt and Craw guarding each other some.
Old time Knick throwback stuff.
Nerlens Xmas had a pretty good game.
4 steals in 13 mins, including picking Craw when he danced at the 3-point line.  Ftaher Noel had a block and 2 steals as well.

First I've really seen Bridges.  He looked good.  Guarded that Shroder cat in the 2Q & 3Q.  Also Westbrook some.  Looked versatile.  An solid 3-8 on triples, despite missing one or two open shots.  5-10 FG.  Filled the sheet: 3 Boards, 2 Blocks, 2 Steals, 2 Assists.  Was nicely active on both ends.  Good player.

Josh Jackson looked athletic but kind of lost.  Had 4 turnovers.  Kind of the anti-Bridges.  PHX has to be concerned that his shooting = 39% / 29% / 63% with an equal number of turnovers and assists.
Not panic time, but Jax is coming up on 22 real soon, and needs to find a game.  They've seen this play out with Chriss and Bender.  Worrisome.

Checking his splits, he's been much better off the bench than starting.  So let him gain confidence against 2nd units.  And oddly he's shot 40% on 3's at Home but just 17.5% on the Road.  And in PHX's 9 wins his offense has been terrific.  And awful in their 26 losses.  So a few minor silver linings.  I didn't realize he's just 6'8" -- I thought he was 6'9" or 10"
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 29, 2018, 05:28:18 AM »

I think with reps that Vonleh and Kornet can be a very effective two-way frontcourt pairing. Mitch will be another piece of that puzzle. Add a healthy and still somewhat mobile KP as well, and you have the basis of a very serious set of bigs. Knox and Dot are already rotation level wings, as is a more advanced Hardaway. Unless Mudiay can further tighten up his game on both ends, I don’t want him as a long term starter but I’m fine with him starting this season and being 3rd or 4th guard down the line. Frank and Zo are nearing that level as well. I’d hold off on most FAs to let those three develop.

Everyone else is more or less filler.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 29, 2018, 08:24:00 AM »

They've had Bernard mentoring Knox some.
I'd bring in Kurt Thomas to talk and work with Vonleh.
Maybe Sheed as well.

If Vonleh can be our starting PF next to KZ, Knix are one step ahead.
Kornet/Mitch as very different backup C's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: December 29, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »

I think Ball will be a good NBA player and I never said otherwise. A transformational once every decade player? Hardly.

Exactly.

Same with Ben Simmons.

Both will be all-stars, but neither is going to be Anthony Davis that their proponents may think.

(I play basketball with a Laker fan who talks about Lonzo like Kiid does, btw. It's not a niche opinion)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 08:45:31 AM by thebizneverloses »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: December 29, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »

Yeah.  He watches the games.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: December 29, 2018, 09:40:15 AM »

I don't have a problem at all with the take that Lonzo will reach All Star status  but fall short of what you would call a Hall of Famer.

That's an uptick from last year's assessment

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: December 29, 2018, 09:42:32 AM »

They've had Bernard mentoring Knox some.
I'd bring in Kurt Thomas to talk and work with Vonleh.
Maybe Sheed as well.

If Vonleh can be our starting PF next to KZ, Knix are one step ahead.
Kornet/Mitch as very different backup C's.

Sheed was in earlier, working with Mitchell Robinson as I recall. 

Love the idea of KT, though.  Vonleh has that potential.  KT was a big time scorer in college, who redefined himself at the pro level as more of blue collar kind of grinder. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: December 29, 2018, 09:47:12 AM »

I don't have a problem at all with the take that Lonzo will reach All Star status  but fall short of what you would call a Hall of Famer.

That's an uptick from last year's assessment
No it's not.   Nothing Ball has done in the NBA so far has caused an "uptick" in my "assessment."  But, if you want to make things up, feel free. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 09:56:00 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 29, 2018, 10:24:17 AM »

KT could mentor Vonleh.
Another option: LJ.

Both would have a lot to impart.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 29, 2018, 11:19:08 AM »

I think Ball will be a good NBA player and I never said otherwise. A transformational once every decade player? Hardly.

Exactly.

Same with Ben Simmons.

Both will be all-stars, but neither is going to be Anthony Davis that their proponents may think.

(I play basketball with a Laker fan who talks about Lonzo like Kiid does, btw. It's not a niche opinion)

Simmons is very talented, but he needs, and the 76ers need him to have a decent outside shot. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 29, 2018, 11:36:51 AM »

Caught IND dismantling DET.
At the end they were just toying with them, and for some reason Blake was still in down 30 with 6 mins to play, and -30 with 4 mins to play, then I stopped watching.
Blake had a rough time with 7 turnovers.
Got outhustled too.

Thad Young played Blake well.
On one play Thad had two terrific hustle plays on opposite sides of the court a few seconds apart.  going to the floor to outhustle a casual Blake for a loose ball, then knocking the ball off Bullock as it was going out of bounds cross court off IND.  Great stuff.  he was pumped.

IND shot 60% for the game and 70% on 2-pointers.
DET defense was so bad, one time Sabonis just dribbled casually straight up court and right to the rim.  Zaza merely pointed.  The entire lane was wide open.  One of the slowest, least defended early offense end-to-ends you'll ever see.  Embarrassing.

Collison was smoking hot in the 2nd half.  Didn't miss a shot all game.
Sabonis 19 & 12.
But DET made every Pacer look good.

RegJAx was invisible.
Drummond was good only for tip in rebounds.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 29, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »

In the NBA I think it is ok to be outhustled down 30 late

Stay healthy at that point.

What is your overall impression of Jackson?  Did we miss on him or get lucky?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1851