Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964223 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: The original Kam(s)ter
« Reply #4110 on: February 02, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »

Kanter has staked out a very dangerous political position (and can't return to Turkey as long as Erdogan and the AKP are in power).  This all to say, that in may way Enes is living in a different and dangerous world in which he is under a lot of stress.

jes sayin'....

And this engenders sympathy from some of the fan base.  Everything he does is about garnering sympathy.  For his plight... either the Knicks are screwing him or Turkey is.  He is the guy who is screwed over and wants everyone to know.

That act gets old.  Just saying.

This coming from the original Anti-Kanter. Really! How many Lire are you getting from Recep? Where do you go to exchange them?

You like his game?

Recep’s game? NO!

Enes game? YES! He ain’t perfect but, at a reasonable price I’d very much like to keep him. See, I’m one of those (according to Prez-Ike) IGNORANT FANS who value his rebounding and scoring. He just needs to play next to a good defender. And to you, I’d submit that it ain’t his fault somebody gave him a $17 mil contract.

In addition to all that, me and other IGNORANT FANS also appreciate his seeming love for NY and the Knicks and his obvious political bravery. Hey, who wants to join the IGNORANT FAN CLUB?
I totally agree with Carlos. The man is not an all-star and he has issues on defense. But he rebounds, he scores, and he plays as hard as he can. The level of animus against him seems way out of proportion to his play.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: February 02, 2019, 05:59:23 PM »

Kanter has staked out a very dangerous political position (and can't return to Turkey as long as Erdogan and the AKP are in power).  This all to say, that in may way Enes is living in a different and dangerous world in which he is under a lot of stress.

jes sayin'....

And this engenders sympathy from some of the fan base.  Everything he does is about garnering sympathy.  For his plight... either the Knicks are screwing him or Turkey is.  He is the guy who is screwed over and wants everyone to know.

This coming from the original Anti-Kanter. Really! How many Lire are you getting from Recep? Where do you go to exchange them?

You like his game?

Recep’s game? NO!

Enes game? YES! He ain’t perfect but, at a reasonable price I’d very much like to keep him. See, I’m one of those (according to Prez-Ike) IGNORANT FANS who value his rebounding and scoring. He just needs to play next to a good defender. And to you, I’d submit that it ain’t his fault somebody gave him a $17 mil contract.

In addition to all that, me and other IGNORANT FANS also appreciate his seeming love for NY and the Knicks and his obvious political bravery. Hey, who wants to join the IGNORANT FAN CLUB?

I don't want to handicap the Knicks for his Bravery. How about that?  This is a Knicks forum. Not a Kanter Klub.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: February 02, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »

jes sayin'....

You like his game?

Recep’s game? NO!

I totally agree with Carlos. The man is not an all-star and he has issues on defense. But he rebounds, he scores, and he plays as hard as he can. The level of animus against him seems way out of proportion to his play.

The other team loves him too.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Fuck You KP
« Reply #4113 on: February 02, 2019, 06:04:47 PM »

We went through a  17 win season for you.
We suffered through your season ending injury last year.
We knew it was a 2-year sentence in purgatory.
We waited for you to come back and you can't commit to us?

FUCK YOU ASS CLOWN

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4114 on: February 02, 2019, 06:05:54 PM »

Still waiting for KP to say he didn't want to be traded.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: February 02, 2019, 07:13:01 PM »

jes sayin'....

You like his game?

Recep’s game? NO!

I don't want to handicap the Knicks for his Bravery. How about that?  This is a Knicks forum. Not a Kanter Klub.

I also submitted good reasons to keep him as a player on a new reasonable contract. Welcome to the other club, the IGNORANT ANTI-KANTER KLUB.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: February 02, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »

Caller to FAN:

"I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that Porzingis walked into Perry's office - and said, "Fizdale goes or I go"
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: February 02, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »

the knicks have 75 million plus the mid-level.

that is a lot of cash.

does anyone want it is the question.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: February 02, 2019, 07:41:47 PM »

The guys who get their raises to play here together very well might not be of the current super-duper-star tier.

One example, Middleton for $25 mil, Portis at $17, and Aminu at $17 million. You have some cap space left to retain your own guys.

Robinson Kornet
Portis Vonleh
Aminu Knox
Middleton Dotson Frank
SmithJr Trier

We’d have 2 draft picks, some wiggle room & future assets to build up from there.

hahahahhhh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: February 02, 2019, 09:22:05 PM »

I haven’t watched too much Bulls action recently, so let me withdraw Portis and put some more money on the table, probably by paying Lance to go away. I still think Middleton is a very good piece to have for his 2 way production at SG and SF. Guys like that give us more flexibility in how we can deploy our kids without taking training wheels off. Instead of Portis, Tobias Harris, who is putting up KP numbers with more dimes and less (much less) blocks.

I’m still sticking with Aminu as the third contract.

Kornet Robinson
Aminu Vonleh
Harris Knox
Middleton Dotson Ntilikina
SmithJr Trier

Add rooks and stir.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: Fuck You KP
« Reply #4120 on: February 02, 2019, 09:33:02 PM »

FUCK YOU ASS CLOWN

I guess we know which camp you're sitting in. You've bought into the FO bullshit and spin. Question is how the fuck can you trust Mills?If there is an ASS CLOWN in the org, its Mills. He should've taken that ridiculous THJ contract he signed off on and shoved it up his ass if he wanted to make it disappear.

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-rumors-willingness-take-tim-hardawayjr-courtney-lee-contracts-sealed-kristaps-porzingis-trade/

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck You KP
« Reply #4121 on: February 02, 2019, 11:25:47 PM »

FUCK YOU ASS CLOWN

I guess we know which camp you're sitting in. You've bought into the FO bullshit and spin.

I'm certainly not in the MAVS camp.

We are all still waiting for KP to say he didn't want to be traded.

Demar Derozan gets traded. He takes it hard.

KP gets traded.

All smiles.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: February 03, 2019, 12:24:13 AM »

I was surprised when we ditched both Hernancortez and Kuz, both of whom were KZ buds.  Apparently, Willy still a good friend of KZ, in regular contact.

The constant turnover couldn't have helped.  What did we get for Willy anyway?  A 2nd rounder I think, and we've actually used those pretty well lately.

I thought it was 2 2nd rounders.

Indeed it is.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hey Chip
« Reply #4123 on: February 03, 2019, 01:35:54 AM »

What’s up with you?

We’re missing your input on KP, and also on EK.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: February 03, 2019, 02:10:22 AM »

I thought it was 2 2nd rounders.

As far as I can tell we traded two of our 2nd round picks (2020 & '21) to 76ers to get Willy.  And then traded him to CHA for 2 of their 2nd rounders, same years.  Anyway, it was another Sell Low trade by the Knix.  With a friend of KZ's heading out.

We are all still waiting for KP to say he didn't want to be traded

Uh, no.  We're waiting to hear that KZ said he wanted to be traded.  That could have forced PerryMills' hand.  But they had a deal in place, ready to Sell Low.

Demar Derozan gets traded. He takes it hard.
KP gets traded.  All smiles.

DeMar had been on a winning team for a decade where he built friendships, enjoyed playoff runs and was part of the community.  KZ was a few years on a dysfunctional losing team with a revolving cast of coaches, players, management.  Big difference.

Even if KZ wanted out, I'd call his bluff, get him signed to a 5 year max, get him back on the court (and see if he could get back into the team), and then look to trade him if he still wanted out.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:33:24 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1851