Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943126 times)

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4155 on: February 03, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »

Wonder if KZ wanted the meeting and wanted out because he heard the Knix were shopping him. 

Even if KZ wanted out, that doesn't absolve PerryMills.
The other issue is why did KZ want out?
Why wouldn't he want to play in NYC?
The roster/team/management turnover and disarray certainly didn't help.  Neither did Phil's interest in trading him.  Firing Longstaff, the coach who worked closely with KZ.  The way Melo was treated.  Etc.

Btw, last 2 Knick big FA signings -- Tim Jr & Noah ...

KP was a bad apple.  It was obvious to Phil and his team and KP simply confirmed it this season.  I personally shuddered at the thought of being stuck with the SOB.  Couldn't be happier that he's gone - rotten to the core.

KP didn't necessarily want out, he wanted power, he wanted the FO to cave in so he could act like a Melo gangstah.  He's a player who because of money imagines himself to be somebody when he's a nobody.  THE fo was well prepared - Porzingis was out before the door could hit him in the ass.

Dallas will show him that same door the minute he pulls that crap there. In three years they'll be erecting a statue in China of Porzingis. He's not long for the NBA.

THE FO has been stable for a long time except in the fiction of fan forums.  Dolan sleeps well.  Mills has been great and Perry is doing a fine job.  This is a year of sacrifice that feels awful.  Its almost over.

BTW: we still have a unicorn in Frankie - he's the real deal and always was.  We are loaded with players on the cusp of greatness and we haven't been punked as the NBA dumping ground for a long time.

To the top!

As for agents, I'm expecting Durant to reunite with Westbrook in NY, not Kyrie.

Unfinished business.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 06:18:31 PM by FWK00 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: February 03, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »

Good time to be a Knicks fan.

Like saying, Good time to have a lobotomy ...

Great time to stick your arm in a meat grinder ...

14th straight home loss. Another record. Again, given the history of this franchise, achieving milestones like these requires truly extraordinary abilities.

*** Fiz is troooooly extraordinary
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: February 03, 2019, 07:55:56 PM »

KP was a bad apple.  It was obvious to Phil and his team and KP simply confirmed it this season.  I personally shuddered at the thought of being stuck with the SOB.  Couldn't be happier that he's gone - rotten to the core.

This forum has become better than any comedy channel that existed in the past, exists today or will ever exist in any possible future.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: February 03, 2019, 07:56:57 PM »

Conley & Gasol were fine wine today. Very interesting to see if and where they move.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
WELCOME
« Reply #4159 on: February 03, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »

This forum has become better than any comedy channel that existed in the past, exists today or will ever exist in any possible future.

Hey, Les, as the founder of the IGNORANT FAN CLUB, I welcome you into it, and hereby name you as the spokesman for us IGNORANT FANS.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: February 03, 2019, 08:15:47 PM »

We are proudly, the IFC...IGNANT FANS CLUB of NYC!

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
IFC of NYC
« Reply #4161 on: February 03, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: February 03, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »

Doesn't matter why. We will never forgive him.
Why would you leave? Exactly.  Why KP?

Fuck him.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: February 03, 2019, 09:15:40 PM »

i'm not mad at KP.  he will be happier in Dallas with Doncic.

one hell on a 1-2.

summer will tell if NY will hold any interest for me.

Nobody gives a fuck if you are interested
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: February 03, 2019, 09:19:12 PM »

So, what do all who are mad at the Knicks for trading him think of this now?

KP can do one, as they say across the pond, for all I care.

Really hard to triangulate:  an incompetent FO (Baker & THJ contracts, muddying Frank's waters, or Franking Muds stamp on the team - either way too much redundancy too much), an evil brother Janis who clearly outgrew Riga, is very impressed with himself, and sees himself a player, and a young unicorn who is still very immature and like his brother very impressed with himself...

Does anyone really think the FO let the KP offer percolate and stew the required time to get the best offer?   On the one hand  threats were made about comfort and fit, but who really thinks a player coming of an ACL would really sign a QO and take on the risk?  The FO didn't have the moxie to call that bluff I guess...

Between the three of them communications must have been fraught, jumbled, and fuzzy at best.
And god knows where Dolan's hand was in all this - but it was somewhere...
A very typical Knicks CF...and in that regard nothing has changed...

From what I read and hear, the Knicks had been looking at offers for KP before the meeting so they had already assessed what they could get. Nets, and I forget what other teams made offers, and we offered him to N.O. who said nope.

Dallas' one was probably the best for what they thought they should do if they traded him. When he approached them with the meeting and told them what's up they must have thought if this comes out in the media (i.e. AD's situation) then his value would be even less, so they took the offer.

Had they sat on it or shopped him elsewhere, it might have led to even worse offers, especially if the story came out...which it did anyway that morning, about the meeting between he and the FO. His value could  have diminished had it been clear to other teams he wanted out.

Who knows, but I can see why they did it when they did rather than wait. That meeting likely clarified things between KP and the FO so they then moved immediately on the best offer they felt they had received, and ironically just finalized the night before with Dallas in town.

Only thing that might be questionable is why Knicks didnt look to do a three way with Lakers and Pels.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: February 03, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »

Could Dallas have sweetened the pot?  We got all their assets.

We got youth (w/upside), picks, and cap space.

The trade checked all three boxes.

Was there a better deal to be made?

Maybe.   I don't know.  But i don't see how Dallas could've done more.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
There you go again, Chico
« Reply #4166 on: February 03, 2019, 10:02:01 PM »

one hell on a 1-2.

Chico, nobody gives a fuck about your many opinions, this one in particular.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: February 03, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »

Wonder if KZ wanted the meeting and wanted out because he heard the Knix were shopping him. 

Even if KZ wanted out, that doesn't absolve PerryMills.
The roster/team/management turnover and disarray certainly didn't help.  Neither did Phil's interest in trading him.  Firing Longstaff, the coach who worked closely with KZ.  The way Melo was treated.  Etc.

Btw, last 2 Knick big FA signings -- Tim Jr & Noah ...
Further, the way Melo was treated (and Noah and Kanter) and KZ jettisoned can't endear the Knix to agents and players.  I assume the perception is that the team is still a dumpster fire and unstable.

Knicks upper management appears to be NO NONSENSE right now

The coach is another story.  He was the final straw with Porzingis.  Knicks reaction to KP missing the exit interview (justified) and their firing his personal coach (questionable but nothing to throw a hissy over) were the first two blocks laid, followed by Fiz questioning KP rehab and THE LOSING.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:35:04 PM by kidcarter8 »

Nagel

• View Profile
Re: There you go again, Chico
« Reply #4168 on: February 03, 2019, 10:33:07 PM »

one hell on a 1-2.

Chico, nobody gives a fuck about your many opinions, this one in particular.

carlos spare me.  ignore is there for a reason.  thanks in advance.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: February 03, 2019, 10:38:08 PM »

AD has said he is playing one year then going to LA. Knicks could have tried to get him, with those parameters.  As Celtics now can.

Can Celtics take AD for 2020 then do a sign and trade,netting assets from Lakers?

Well, what's so special about the Celtics?  Any team could play that game. Correct?  The real question is, what could you get from a Lakers team that will have an aging, evermore desperate Lebron trying to fix the odds?  Most of their players who aren't geriatric are rather pedestrian talent-wise.  Boston, today has better players.

More picks? AD ain't coming for free. Is there a net gain?

Sounds dubious.

If Boston or NY trades for AD - they plan on locking him up not risking one and done.

NY is a nice fit.

Davis isnt signing an extension with anyone except LA.

Thus the question - would Boston take him for a year?
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1850