Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899611 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5010 on: March 25, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »

Kyrie ain't no leader.
Kyrie like to do it himself.
Kyrie play bad D.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: March 25, 2019, 01:39:51 PM »

another RIP, aging beats the only other option.....  https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/status/1110231390526820354 

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: March 25, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »

Then of course there is Gonzaga's Hachimura and his rising teammate Brandon Clarke

Give me Clarke over Rui.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Boston & NY
« Reply #5013 on: March 25, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »

Hey Bank, I think your team misses Kelly Olynyk. Maybe that’s why they’re losing so much.

Carlos-Not sure KO is the answer to what ails the Celts. They have massively underperformed so far this year. And IMO the responsibility flows from Ainge to Brad to what is a very deep and talented team playing well below their talents. Times running out for them to get their shit together.

Well, I don’t know how Ainge and Brad can go from tops in the NBA to running an underperforming team which played much better as a team with the same coach before they brought in new talent, such as KI and Hayward. Maybe the new talent doesn’t fit with the system or the remaining players. Maybe they miss some of the talent they let go.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: March 25, 2019, 02:52:52 PM »

NY has  a 14 % chance of landing a top free agent and a 14% chance off landing Zion.  in other words .  86% we are looking at 50 plus L's again. year 7 out of the playoffs coming up.

just when we really suck the NBA changes the lottery.  I call this Dolan's Karma.

PS.. 

How many years before Robinson or knox are legit NBA players?  4? 5?

OK then  add in 5 lottery picks and we will be OK in  2023.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:57:59 PM by Nagel »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
So you're saying
« Reply #5015 on: March 25, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »

We can only go up from here.

The eternal Optimist.   The Glass is 1/14 full he says!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Ntilikina
« Reply #5016 on: March 25, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »

I am confident in Frank.  He seems like with his skills and youth and professionalism he will carve out a home in the NBA.  Not unlike Trevor Ariza.

But i'm confident also in calling it what it is   a bust.   A bad decision that set the franchise back.

Just need to admit it.  Now decide if we keep Frank or give him a change of scenery.  He deserves a clean slate and he won't get it here as a "Phil" guy.

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Boston & NY
« Reply #5017 on: March 25, 2019, 04:18:47 PM »

Hey Bank, I think your team misses Kelly Olynyk. Maybe that’s why they’re losing so much.

Carlos-Not sure KO is the answer to what ails the Celts. They have massively underperformed so far this year. And IMO the responsibility flows from Ainge to Brad to what is a very deep and talented team playing well below their talents. Times running out for them to get their shit together.

Well, I don’t know how Ainge and Brad can go from tops in the NBA to running an underperforming team which played much better as a team with the same coach before they brought in new talent, such as KI and Hayward. Maybe the new talent doesn’t fit with the system or the remaining players. Maybe they miss some of the talent they let go.

I think there were too many factors to lay the blame disproportionately on any one GM, coach, super-star or role player.  And I would not materially rethink Ainge or Brad's strengths. IMO they're both very good at what they do. short answer I think ultimately the Celts are too deep (Ainge's fault?) for their own good, and Brad struggled with trying to keep eveyone happy, and he couldn't. IMO in general they played their best ball when Baynes, one of their least gifted players, and a guy who does not need the ball, was on the court.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: March 25, 2019, 04:20:46 PM »

If we’re talking about not taking Donavan Mitchell instead, of course you’re right. His career has been much more fruitful than Frank’s so far.

Moving Frank just to move on from Frank is plain stupid. If moving on from Frank is part of the price of acquiring someone specific who is substantially better, then it would make sense to move on from Frank. Otherwise let him work for another summer and see what you have.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
JIMMER!!!
« Reply #5019 on: March 26, 2019, 02:05:04 AM »

1 for 10 in 14 minutes. 41% usage!! I caught a few minutes and he dribbled and dribbled and dribbled and missed and missed and didn't make a single NBA play. I hope he didn't throw away his chopsticks.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Nurkic
« Reply #5020 on: March 26, 2019, 02:06:34 AM »

Sad.   Hope he can play again ... injuries suck.  And for a big man i imagine the recovery is even harder.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Blazers
« Reply #5021 on: March 26, 2019, 02:10:02 AM »

Are 15 points better with Nurkic.  10 pts offensively and 5 points defensively.

They're 8 games under .500 without him.

We are going to see a lot of Enes Kanter in the playoffs.

In the first round.  Where they should be an underdog now even at home against SAS or OKC.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: March 26, 2019, 03:08:34 AM »

Blazers are missing Ed Davis right now. Hopefully Collins can step up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: March 26, 2019, 03:59:45 AM »

Some food for thought (that isn’t even all that depressing)

http://theknickswall.com/most-effective-lineups-reveal-about-knicks/

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: March 26, 2019, 05:11:21 AM »

Jimmer & Booker combined for 65 Points!

Didn't see the game, but JimJam has bad habits from years in China.
Also, the NBA 3-point line is more than a foot deeper form around the arc than China/int'l ball.  So that makes a difference and takes a little getting used to.  Also, PHX is playing a lot of yute and mix-and-match fellers, including Jimmer.

Believe it or not, but I'm pulling for Jimmer.  He's a Shanghai guy.
And he's got genuine shooting talent.  And not too many 30 years olds gte another op.

Montiejunas got picked up by someone the other day from China.  Always seems like a guy who could/should have an NBA role.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:29:58 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1844