Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908209 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6930 on: July 06, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »

Russ to the Heat w Jimmy Butler?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: July 06, 2019, 07:55:13 PM »

Marcus Morris 2-20 to Spurs

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: July 06, 2019, 07:58:33 PM »

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge that Alonzo Trier dunked in the middle of an earthquake. That’s what you call locked in.

I think we should pick up Mozgov if he’s healthy so we have one exceptionally large body on the roster. Mitch is tall but not large. Julius and BP are large but not exceptionally so. It would be a minimum thing. All the better options just joined the Lakers.

D Howard available now for the minimum.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: July 06, 2019, 10:16:59 PM »

I was thinking the same thought.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: July 06, 2019, 11:06:07 PM »

I was thinking the same thought.

And one of the rumored teams

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: July 07, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »

Mercifully, it's not possible until mid-season.

He makes $47 million in a couple of seasons. He's had knee issues. He's a terrible fit stylistically next to RJ Barrett. He can neither take a team far as the #1 option nor adjust his game to be a #2 option. Needless to say, I am firmly of the belief his acquisition would be mostly a terrible idea.

To clarify, that's where his salary tops out at in a couple of years. He's in the $38m range now. He's such a bad idea (sorry Carlos).

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: July 07, 2019, 12:44:28 AM »

Marcus Morris 2-20 to Spurs

Deal of the summer.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Russell
« Reply #6937 on: July 07, 2019, 01:12:14 AM »

Mercifully, it's not possible until mid-season.

He makes $47 million in a couple of seasons. He's had knee issues. He's a terrible fit stylistically next to RJ Barrett. He can neither take a team far as the #1 option nor adjust his game to be a #2 option. Needless to say, I am firmly of the belief his acquisition would be mostly a terrible idea.

To clarify, that's where his salary tops out at in a couple of years. He's in the $38m range now. He's such a bad idea (sorry Carlos).

No problem Biz, we ain’t gonna get him anyway.

Him and Mitch would combine for 60 ppg.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: July 07, 2019, 01:47:02 AM »

In 1997 the Sonics traded  Bobby Jackson for Rashard Lewis. Later traded him into cap space and garnered a $9M trade exception, which was pretty big at the time. In a brilliant move, they acquired Kurt Thomas and a 1st rounder from a Phoenix Suns team desperate to dump salary. That pick, in the 20s, was Serge Ibaka (nice scouting, Thunder!). Ibaka was good for OKC, but they flipped him for Victor Oladipo and the recently drafted Domantas Sabonis. A year later, those two were rerouted for all-star Paul George.

In sum: Bobby Jackson became first rounders in 2021, 22, 23, 23 (swap), 24, 25 (swap), 26 plus Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Danilo Gallinari.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: July 07, 2019, 05:18:01 AM »

Lowry 33; Ma Gasol 34 . . .
and...?

Lowry has proven to be a regular season player.
No extra gear.
Kawhi really had to bust his ass to drag the team to the top.
Also, short PG's of the semi-round variety don't age well.

Gasol seems on his last legs.  Doesn't even seem in shape anymore.  Still a smart player.  But he's really a bench player now.

Siakim 25 and becoming a star.  But still somewhat raw.
OG 21 and just getting started.

In between you have marginal players like Norm Powell, FVV (great heart), and Ibaka who is enigmatic.

Lowry, Ma Gasol and Ibaka earn $78M next year combined, but are all ending deals.    Will TOR be able to re-sign them at reasonable rates?  Is that even a wise idea?  How do they move on?

Valanciunas is gone.  FVV is a grinder but hard to see him as a legit starter.  Just a strong backup PG. 

They can be a 4-5 playoff team next year, and duck out in a round or two.  Or try to move Gasol for something (which might include a bad contract as well).  Or move Lowry.  Ibaka might have the most appeal. 

They're in a tricky in-between land.
And those ending contracts require a decision.
Even if you re-sign Lowry to a reasonable 3 year deal, keep Gasol cheaply, and Ibaka stays, how do you fill in around them and guard against aging? 

They need to make a decision this year or next Summer.
Not sure a lot of cap space does too much good in TOR.  And next year FA class supposed to be weak anyway.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: July 07, 2019, 05:21:14 AM »

Odd, DMC traded to SA in a deal that sent Bertans to WAS.
Wonder why I read DMC to SA 2 or 3 days ago?
And he had a 2 year deal that SA extended to 3.
Next year is his age 33 season. W hy lock him up at age 35 when it wasn't necessary?  Odd.  he's had injury issues too

Wonder why Spurs wanted him and ditched the much younger Bertans (26), who can light it up.  I like DMC and don't get this deal.  Spurs had trouble scoring last year.  And were oldish.  DMC doesn't help with those issues.

Same time I saw DMC to SA, I saw they were resigning Gay.  Not sure if that went down, but my brief trip into the future said it will happen.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:24:03 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: July 07, 2019, 06:06:29 AM »

Teams often convert agreed signings into trades to influence cap numbers, create trade exceptions, or shift small assets. Usually this occurs when one or more parties work out an additional signing or trade between the agreement and execution of the original deal being converted from a simple signing to a trade.

Raps can start a youth movement with Lowry and Gasol as tent poles. Acquire young cheap talent and see where it takes them. They can shop for known talent once those two come off the books. Now that SG and SF are open up North, Vince Carter should go back to his first NBA home for his final season or seasons.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: July 07, 2019, 06:57:17 AM »

Quinn Cook to Lakes (Rondo - Cook)

Avery Bradley a very free man.
Early tumors link him to GSW.
Playing time while Klay is out.
High profile team.
Min salary.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: July 07, 2019, 11:11:01 AM »

Lowry 33; Ma Gasol 34 . . .
and...?

Lowry has proven to be a regular season player.
No extra gear.
Kawhi really had to bust his ass to drag the team to the top.
Also, short PG's of the semi-round variety don't age well.

Gasol seems on his last legs.  Doesn't even seem in shape anymore.  Still a smart player.  But he's really a bench player now.

Man, I disagree with these takes (those I highlighted). Like you didn't watch the playoffs.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: July 07, 2019, 11:14:26 AM »

Quinn Cook to Lakes (Rondo - Cook)

Avery Bradley a very free man.
Early tumors link him to GSW.
Playing time while Klay is out.
High profile team.
Min salary.

Philly needs to be after him. Dallas too. I would have liked him on the Lakers, but not sure if there are minutes for him there any more.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 1847