Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750922 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18825 on: October 22, 2021, 07:47:37 PM »

Plenty of water in America...it just needs moving from where it is to where it is not.
no 1 radio host would call it
"Watering America".
Missouri River flows into the Mississippi, which flows into the Gulf of Mexico.
Look at all that water being wasted.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18826 on: October 22, 2021, 07:57:27 PM »

Is Trump a Christian?
That cannot be a serious question.
You are right. No one can seriously claim Trump is a Christian.
Except that he is.

If the person making such an assertion had no idea what the term means, I could see that person claiming trump is in fact a Christian. The person could also be implying the term Christian is meaningless and can therefore be applied to anyone regardless of what their actions demonstrate about their beliefs.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18827 on: October 22, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »

Trump says he is a Christian.

If you want to argue that he is not a good Christian, I suppose you can do that. It would be tough to argue with that.

If you want to say, "He's not a real Christian," citing the standards that in your mind constitute somebody's being a "real Christiantm," then you can certainly do that.

But as far as I have been able to determine, individuals in this country continue to be allowed to define their beliefs as they see fit, no matter how many of us wish to insist that those persons don't cut the mustard to be one of the specific group to which they are claiming affinity. See also: Richard Nixon was a Quaker.

That said, I think he is a very poor representative of the broad group of Christians and makes them look worse.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18828 on: October 22, 2021, 08:03:51 PM »

Is Trump a Christian?
Except that he is.

If the person making such an assertion had no idea what the term means, I could see that person claiming trump is in fact a Christian. The person could also be implying the term Christian is meaningless and can therefore be applied to anyone regardless of what their actions demonstrate about their beliefs.

The term is not meaningless. It applies to anybody who claims that mantle, regardless of what their actions demonstrate about their beliefs.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18829 on: October 22, 2021, 08:06:17 PM »

Looks like the karma gods have paid a visit to a famous actor who mocked Trump the Christian mercilessly.
What the fuck did karma have against the cinematographer?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18830 on: October 22, 2021, 08:09:11 PM »

Oh!
Those Polls.

Two Democratic senators have prominently opposed the Biden agenda  in Congress. How important to you is it that some Democratic senators oppose the man who was elected as a Democrat to the presidency?
the survey asked.

Overall, 65 percent said it is important, and of those, 44 percent said it is very important.
While three-quarters of Republicans and 63 percent of independents said it is important, they are not alone, as a majority of Democrats, 59 percent, also consider it important.

Rasmussen

Let s Go Brandon!

LOL
So... Dems like their elected representatives to think for themselves, unlike your cult of personality masquerading as a political party.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18831 on: October 22, 2021, 08:10:21 PM »

The Columbia River in Washington, Oregon flows into the ocean...more wasted water...could be piped into CA.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18832 on: October 22, 2021, 08:11:05 PM »

Is Trump a Christian?
Except that he is.
No, he may say that but he is a pathological liar and there is zero external evidence that supports the idea he is.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18833 on: October 22, 2021, 08:14:55 PM »

The Columbia River in Washington, Oregon flows into the ocean...more wasted water...could be piped into CA.

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18834 on: October 22, 2021, 08:16:37 PM »

Looks like the karma gods have paid a visit to a famous actor who mocked Trump the Christian mercilessly.

Who knows? Accidents happen.

But seemingly against the trigger puller...who my paper reports is 'shattered'.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:18:28 PM by bambu. »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18835 on: October 22, 2021, 08:28:50 PM »

Trump says he is a Christian.

If you want to argue that he is not a good Christian, I suppose you can do that. It would be tough to argue with that.

If you want to say, "He's not a real Christian," citing the standards that in your mind constitute somebody's being a "real Christiantm," then you can certainly do that.

But as far as I have been able to determine, individuals in this country continue to be allowed to define their beliefs as they see fit, no matter how many of us wish to insist that those persons don't cut the mustard to be one of the specific group to which they are claiming affinity. See also: Richard Nixon was a Quaker.

That said, I think he is a very poor representative of the broad group of Christians and makes them look worse.
Well that is your opinion on good or bad Christian.
The operative word is Christian.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:30:47 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18836 on: October 22, 2021, 08:53:15 PM »

Oh!
Those Polls.

Two Democratic senators have prominently opposed the Biden agenda  in Congress. How important to you is it that some Democratic senators oppose the man who was elected as a Democrat to the presidency?
the survey asked.

Overall, 65 percent said it is important, and of those, 44 percent said it is very important.
While three-quarters of Republicans and 63 percent of independents said it is important, they are not alone, as a majority of Democrats, 59 percent, also consider it important.

Rasmussen

Let s Go Brandon!

LOL
So... Dems like their elected representatives to think for themselves, unlike your cult of personality masquerading as a political party.
If Psaki falters are you the designated spin doctor replacement?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #18838 on: October 22, 2021, 09:16:35 PM »

Now that I have read todays news, I am going to ask you to put down your bong.   (or toss in a billabong)   

Holly Martins

« Reply #18839 on: October 22, 2021, 09:20:31 PM »

One of my problems with the Hindu doctrine of reincarnation.   I am not getting blamed for whatever I did in the 1100s.  They were dark ages.  Sue me.
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 2924