Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750918 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18855 on: October 22, 2021, 10:46:09 PM »

Trump says he is a Christian.

If you want to argue that he is not a good Christian, I suppose you can do that. It would be tough to argue with that.

If you want to say, "He's not a real Christian," citing the standards that in your mind constitute somebody's being a "real Christiantm," then you can certainly do that.

But as far as I have been able to determine, individuals in this country continue to be allowed to define their beliefs as they see fit, no matter how many of us wish to insist that those persons don't cut the mustard to be one of the specific group to which they are claiming affinity. See also: Richard Nixon was a Quaker.

That said, I think he is a very poor representative of the broad group of Christians and makes them look worse.
Well that is your opinion on good or bad Christian.
The operative word is Christian.

Being Christian is not a word.   It is a way of life in which actions implement compassion, tolerance, temperance, peace and love towards others.  All Trump has is the word, and the false swagger of a greedy and venal man.  He does not follow Christ.

You do not understand religion

It is for ALL.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18856 on: October 22, 2021, 10:55:20 PM »

If you want to argue that he is not a good Christian, I suppose you can do that. It would be tough to argue with that.

If you want to say, "He's not a real Christian," citing the standards that in your mind constitute somebody's being a "real Christiantm," then you can certainly do that.

But as far as I have been able to determine, individuals in this country continue to be allowed to define their beliefs as they see fit, no matter how many of us wish to insist that those persons don't cut the mustard to be one of the specific group to which they are claiming affinity. See also: Richard Nixon was a Quaker.

That said, I think he is a very poor representative of the broad group of Christians and makes them look worse.

Being Christian is not a word.   It is a way of life in which actions implement compassion, tolerance, temperance, peace and love towards others.  All Trump has is the word, and the false swagger of a greedy and venal man.  He does not follow Christ.

It is for ALL.

Emo Philips explains it for you.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18857 on: October 22, 2021, 10:57:16 PM »

It is for ALL.

/Laughs?

And you think HE doesn't understand religion?

It is so not for all.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18858 on: October 22, 2021, 11:02:40 PM »

Rolled Oats are great food for starving people. Adding honey to the Rolled Oats would be good. You can cook the Rolled Oats in the microwave. It totally beats starvation.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18859 on: October 22, 2021, 11:18:47 PM »

Rolled Oats are great food for starving people. Adding honey to the Rolled Oats would be good. You can cook the Rolled Oats in the microwave. It totally beats starvation.

Because all starving people have microwaves.

And honey.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18860 on: October 23, 2021, 12:58:54 AM »

If that is your shorthand for hell bound rapist and swindling racist fuckwad, go with it.

Most televangelist ministers and Fox News hosts are also Christian by that standard.

Charlie Manson was a paragon of Christianity in your book.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18861 on: October 23, 2021, 02:52:58 AM »

If that is your shorthand for hell bound rapist and swindling racist fuckwad, go with it.

Most televangelist ministers and Fox News hosts are also Christian by that standard.

Charlie Manson was a paragon of Christianity in your book.

The operative word is hypocrite.

He is a Christian because he says so.

He is a hypocrite because his actions fly in the face of his espoused beliefs.

Ward says "that's your opinion on good or bad Christian."

No, Ward, it is what Trump has announced, repeatedly. One example:
After months of reflection, Donald Trump says he still doesn't regret his decision not to ask God for forgiveness for his sins.

In an interview on Sunday with CNN, the Republican presidential frontrunner said that he does not regret never asking God for forgiveness, partially because he says he doesn't have much to apologize for.

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

We already know about his serial infidelity in marriage. We already know about his copious failures to pay contractors what they were owed. We know about his lies and deceit when it comes to charity.

And according to the church to which he previously claimed to belong, he was not and has not been a member.
Gradye Parsons, of the Office of the Presbyterian General Assembly. "So Mr. Trump may fall into that category. He was baptized in Queens, but he doesn't hold membership in any Presbyterian church."

So, he lied even about that.

Ward may claim that Trump has gone to Christian churches throughout his life, but the evidence does not support that position.

Is he a Christian? Sure, but he is at best a lapsed Christian and far more likely Christian in name only, with no reverence for God and no adherence to the tenets of Christianity that anybody has observed, except for folks he met with and professed his faith, convincing them that he had had a change of heart and was now of the faith.

They were bamboozled.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18862 on: October 23, 2021, 03:22:52 AM »

Calling trump or any rightwinger a Christian both debases Christianity, which cannot take much more debasing at this point or it will wind up with a show on a Fox snooze channel, and normalizes sociopathic monstrosities that have no place in a civilized society of any religion because they ceaselessly seek to destroy civilization as a whole.

These people are training to kill you simply because you know how to think.

These people are training to kill you because it is unlikely you will help them oppress women as much as Red or Kid.

These people are training to kill you because it is unlikely you will help them oppress Black and Brown people as much as Red or Kid.

These people are training to kill you because it is unlikely you will help them oppress the LGBTQ community as much as Red or Kid.

These people are training to kill you because you want a livable planet both now and in the future.

They do not get the cover of Christianity or Law and Order or fiscal conservatism or family values. They were bred to be mindless savages, none more mindless than trump, and that is all they are, all they will be, and how they should be treated and defined.

I wish things were different, but they are not. 

Protect your neck.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18864 on: October 23, 2021, 03:31:29 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18865 on: October 23, 2021, 04:51:56 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18866 on: October 23, 2021, 05:04:00 AM »

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #18867 on: October 23, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »

Trump has attended Christian churches all of his life.

LoL.   The BTK Killer in Kansas was a regular Church attendee,  too.
You may want to review the stupidity of your post.

You may want to review the stupidity of pretending you don't remotely grasp the point about being a Christian that several are making, and the stupidity of never engaging with the actual argument instead just battening down and repeating the same thing over and over like a parrot on crack. 

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #18868 on: October 23, 2021, 09:54:25 AM »

It is for ALL.

This is a disgusting attack.  He is not saying its not for all.  Quite the opposite.  It is Trump whose actions show HE does not believe Christian tolerance and compassion are for all.   You should be ashamed,.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18869 on: October 23, 2021, 09:55:43 AM »

Calling trump or any rightwinger a Christian both debases Christianity, which cannot take much more debasing at this point or it will wind up with a show on a Fox snooze channel, and normalizes sociopathic monstrosities that have no place in a civilized society of any religion because they ceaselessly seek to destroy civilization as a whole.

These people are training to kill you simply because you know how to think.

These people are training to kill you because it is unlikely you will help them oppress women as much as Red or Kid.

These people are training to kill you because it is unlikely you will help them oppress Black and Brown people as much as Red or Kid.

These people are training to kill you because it is unlikely you will help them oppress the LGBTQ community as much as Red or Kid.

These people are training to kill you because you want a livable planet both now and in the future.

They do not get the cover of Christianity or Law and Order or fiscal conservatism or family values. They were bred to be mindless savages, none more mindless than trump, and that is all they are, all they will be, and how they should be treated and defined.

I wish things were different, but they are not. 

Protect your neck.

Your paranoia is showing.

Better get back on the meds.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 2924