Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 2795

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 657637 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21105 on: November 20, 2021, 09:36:47 PM »

Overshadowed in the wake of the Rittenhouse travesty

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article255942312.html

"Politically motivated"

hmmm...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: November 20, 2021, 10:27:39 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21107 on: November 20, 2021, 10:34:08 PM »

"Politically motivated"

hmmm...

Says the spokesperson for the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21108 on: November 20, 2021, 11:29:13 PM »

"Politically motivated"

hmmm...

Do you realize just how bad a shoot this was to warrant this action?

He could not use the I feared for my life excuse it was so off.

Police unions play a critical role in enforcing the blue wall of silence. They often back cops accused of misconduct during court and disciplinary hearings but not those who turn them in. Unions have also lobbied for rules that make things harder for officers who want to come forward and easier for departments to hide misconduct.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/story-series/2021/11/15/cops-risk-their-jobs-when-they-report-colleagues-misconduct/6355677001/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: November 21, 2021, 08:46:22 AM »

Not sure what one has to do with the other.

They went for first degree manslaughter

Was knocked down to second

Pray for the victim's family - and the cop who had to take a life.  Life-changing for all.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21110 on: November 21, 2021, 08:53:30 AM »

Not sure what one has to do with the other.

They went for first degree manslaughter

Was knocked down to second

Pray for the victim's family - and the cop who had to take a life.  Life-changing for all.

The cop did not HAVE to take a life, that is why he is now a convict.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: November 21, 2021, 09:36:25 AM »

It's what he THOUGHT he needed to do at the time.  Based on what he thought he saw.

But go ahead - make it about the cop out for black man's blood.  It suits you best.

What was the leadup to this shooting?  What were the victim's actions?  Too often a guy is dead as much due to what he did/didnt do as the actions of the guy who pulled the trigger.  You know this. 

(Larry's answers:  A -  Doesnt matter   B -  Doesnt matter  C - Bulllllshitttt!)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21112 on: November 21, 2021, 10:14:41 AM »

It's what he THOUGHT he needed to do at the time.  Based on what he thought he saw.

But go ahead - make it about the cop out for black man's blood.  It suits you best.

What was the leadup to this shooting?  What were the victim's actions?  Too often a guy is dead as much due to what he did/didnt do as the actions of the guy who pulled the trigger.  You know this. 

(Larry's answers:  A -  Doesnt matter   B -  Doesnt matter  C - Bulllllshitttt!)

I am pretty sure the JURY took in all of those factors.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21113 on: November 21, 2021, 11:29:11 AM »

Interesting perspective on the future of the QAnon Shaman.

I believe it was Barton who raised the consideration of the mental state of Me. Chanskey

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/maybe-biden-should-pardon-the-qanon

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: November 21, 2021, 11:44:53 AM »

The system works.  Hasnt been a sentence yet, I dont think.  We will see if there is an appeal.

Reduced charge - which is interesting - in that with the Rittenhouse case reduced charges were not allowed to be considered (after strong ask from prosecution)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: November 21, 2021, 11:51:59 AM »

Interesting perspective on the future of the QAnon Shaman.

I believe it was Barton who raised the consideration of the mental state of Me. Chanskey

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/maybe-biden-should-pardon-the-qanon

Thanks for the link

I do think these sentences are meant as deterrents as much as being penal in nature.  And  of course he wont serve the full 41. 

Is there a likable quality to QAS?  Not sure I would say that but good to see he was so remorseful in his statement.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: November 21, 2021, 12:01:20 PM »

Follow the money, but also look closely at the map. Apparently, there are now two Tennessees!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2021-11-19/the-states-getting-the-most-money-from-the-infrastructure-bill

That's one way to get rid of Texas!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: November 21, 2021, 12:57:28 PM »

I never thought I would live to see the day, but here we are.

Backshooting probable white nationalists who are potentially armed is now legally an act of self defense so long as you remember that you were scared at the time.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21118 on: November 21, 2021, 01:27:05 PM »

The system works.  Hasnt been a sentence yet, I dont think.  We will see if there is an appeal.

Reduced charge - which is interesting - in that with the Rittenhouse case reduced charges were not allowed to be considered (after strong ask from prosecution)

After the was the judge acted in the Rittenhouse case be ready for a stiff challenge in the next election even though he performed well for his client,  mean defendant.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: November 21, 2021, 02:04:31 PM »

We need to be a kinder and gentler and more loving nation.

In Anaheim our motto is "City of Kindness" and we are trying. We are a City of Kindness, and we have Disneyland which is the happiest place on earth. But even here people will riot over some bullshit that happens on the other side of the country, Anaheim did not have shit to do with George Floyd, but the motherfuckers thought that somehow Anaheim should be punished, so we had fuckers smashing windows and shit. We need to grow and evolve in better ways.

As we invite new immigrants to Merced, California, then Merced needs to be a kind and loving place. They need to help make sure that people can work, and that people are paid fair and that people are treated well, and they need to have nice housing, etc, etc, etc. They can have community parties, and Churches, and they can have a great community and they can all help each other. And they need to work together to stop the heroin and meth and other bad things that hurt the community.

We need to take ownership of our communities, and we need to live lives worth living. Good jobs, with good pay, and lots of parties and feasts, etc.

And we need to build more colleges, and fewer prisons.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:06:13 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 2795