Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 2799

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 660843 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #21480 on: November 28, 2021, 10:23:02 PM »

If there's justice, and the jury does their job Kim Potter is not convicted.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cop-shot-daunte-wright-wrong-gun-plea-work-81431109

She should catch the 2nd degree charge, based on the video alone.

Not according to the law.

Based on the video.

No surprise you misread the law.

Based on your posts.

No surprise that you're ignoring the facts of the case, based on your documented bias towards police officers.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21481 on: November 28, 2021, 10:52:13 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cop-shot-daunte-wright-wrong-gun-plea-work-81431109

Based on the video.

Based on your posts.

No surprise that you're ignoring the facts of the case, based on your documented bias towards police officers.

She was the training officer on that shift and they used the air freshener as pretext to run the plates. During the stop he was cooperating until they announced he had a warrant for failure to appear on a misdemeanor weapons charge and he then panicked.

She then drew her weapon and thought she had her taser and fired the fatal shot.

Bottom line she was training new cops how to over police the community and she fucked up.

She gotta go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcI7V_4aTMw
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21482 on: November 29, 2021, 09:46:41 AM »

Based on the video.

Based on your posts.

You have not only misinterpreted your own article, which merely indicates she has a viable defense and not an indisputable one to the most serious charge, you have misinterpreted the law. What she describes is negligence, even taken at her word. And without researching Minnesota law, probably reaches the standard of culpable negligence even if the jury believes her regarding her mental state.

But then again, I briefly forgot you favor the public execution of petty criminals, (based on your documented comments) so your position is hardly a surprise.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21483 on: November 29, 2021, 09:51:15 AM »

Based on the video.

Based on your posts.

She was the training officer on that shift and they used the air freshener as pretext to run the plates. During the stop he was cooperating until they announced he had a warrant for failure to appear on a misdemeanor weapons charge and he then panicked.

She then drew her weapon and thought she had her taser and fired the fatal shot.

Bottom line she was training new cops how to over police the community and she fucked up.

She gotta go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcI7V_4aTMw

He panicked?

No, he tried to get away using a car with two police officer in danger of being injured by that vehicle.She clearly says, "I'm gonna tase you. Taser! Taser! Taser!" and he kept on being stupid.  The Brooklyn Center police chief labeled it correctly from the beginning as an "Accidental discharge."

But tof course, this isn't about justice, it's about politics, as Imran Ali, the assistant county attorney and head of the county's major crimes unit said.
We will vigorously prosecute this case and intend to prove that Officer Potter abrogated her responsibility to protect the public when she used her firearm rather than her Taser.

Vigorously prosecute the cop, and the guy who skipped out on his obligation to show in court is now a victim.

Oh, okay.

Had HE followed the law and shown up in court, he'd be alive.

So once again, when a perp decides to break the law, exacerbating such idiocy with his own actions, and puts himself in a situation the police are then put in a situation in which they have to respond.

Tragic? Perhaps. But unnecessary because HE made the wrong choices.

But go ahead and nominate him for sainthood. And crucify another cop who is out there trying to do their job to protect dopes like you.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21484 on: November 29, 2021, 09:55:42 AM »

But then again, I briefly forgot you favor the public execution of petty criminals, (based on your documented comments) so your position is hardly a surprise.

Provide that documentation, counselor.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21485 on: November 29, 2021, 09:58:27 AM »

The defense attorney, Earl Gray, seems to have thoroughly steeped himself in the innocent mistake concept.   Sorry. 

The fact that Dauntes panicked actions are a contributing cause of what happened does not scrub Potter free of responsibility for knowing what weapon she has in hand.  Panicked suspects are supposed to be what professional law enforcement trains to handle.   

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21486 on: November 29, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »

Start with the post one up from this one, Forrest. And then you can give us the evidence of facts documented bias towards police officers. (You meant bias against i assume) For someone who claims others put words in his mouth, you sure love putting words in other's mouths.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21487 on: November 29, 2021, 10:00:50 AM »

The defense attorney, Earl Gray, seems to have thoroughly steeped himself in the innocent mistake concept.   Sorry. 

I cannot believe I missed that. It was teaed up perfectly.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21488 on: November 29, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »

But go ahead and nominate him for sainthood.

Idiotic strawman.  No one is doing that.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21489 on: November 29, 2021, 10:06:52 AM »

Start with the post one up from this one, Forrest. And then you can give us the evidence of facts documented bias towards police officers. (You meant bias against i assume) For someone who claims others put words in his mouth, you sure love putting words in other's mouths.

So..you have nothing.

Got it.

Holly Martins

« Reply #21490 on: November 29, 2021, 10:11:39 AM »

S'oolong.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21491 on: November 29, 2021, 11:08:14 AM »

Based on the video.

Based on your posts.

I love me some cops. My uncle retired as captain before moving south and becoming a corporate compliance officer. I even dated a prosecutor in my wild younger days.

Good cops are great and a vital fiber in our social fabric.

The problem is cops who have been Foxed out of any true understanding of what this country is about and their role in it. They become a menace to society both individually and collectively. The domestic urban warfare industry does everything it can to make this problem worse and keep the homicide rate nice and profitable for them. With enough dough, they get private security to shield themselves from the consequences or flee to Russia which has much stricter gun laws.

Law enforcement leadership has been overrun with bad ideas and bad incentive structures. Policing in this country has its origins in colonial policy and the institutions of slavery, indenture and peonage.

Still, there are great cops who are essential pillars of this great country. They understand family struggle and the constitution. They do not buy the bullshit of Dirty Harry and John Wayne.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:13:18 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21492 on: November 29, 2021, 11:09:56 AM »

http://www.thebulwark.com/meet-the-texas-secessionist-movement-brought-to-you-by-russia/

Tee up espionage charges for a ton of these douche bags and freeze Kremlin assets like Fox News.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21493 on: November 29, 2021, 11:10:15 AM »

So..you have nothing.

Got it.
LOL. That is a Red Level dodge from you.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #21494 on: November 29, 2021, 11:37:47 AM »

So..you have nothing.

Got it.
LOL. That is a Red Level dodge from you.

You made a statement and didn't back it up.

Don't blame Red or me for your mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 1431 1432 [1433] 1434 1435 ... 2799