Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742929 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24960 on: March 09, 2022, 09:47:29 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24961 on: March 09, 2022, 10:47:14 PM »

Off came the masks indoors mandate in NSW state bambuland..."Freedom"...and in a week the new daily Covid cases have surged from 9,000 to 13,179 yesterday.
Of course they have...and they'll go a lot higher.
"LIving with Covid" is a joke....a fantasy for the foolish.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24964 on: March 10, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24965 on: March 10, 2022, 11:16:07 AM »

Pete Buttigieg has a Marie Antoinette Moment
Replying to Americans complaining about the high price of gasoline:

Let them buy Teslas!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24966 on: March 10, 2022, 11:33:30 AM »

Boy mayor with serious national responsibilites

Was never a good idea
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24967 on: March 10, 2022, 12:48:03 PM »

Kid cannot and does not drive. Red cannot afford a vehicle and has nowhere to go as nobody ever wants to see him.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24968 on: March 10, 2022, 01:07:15 PM »

Bambu, Florida is beautiful, and the women are great in Florida.

I lived in Cape Canaveral for one year as a teen, it was great. We lived in the Wind Jammer condominiums right on the beach.

I went back to Florida as an adult and I tried to move to Florida, but I could not get a job and I ended up homeless. It is hard to get a job in Florida, people go to Florida from all over the world and jobs are hard to get.

But, California is nice too, though jobs are hard to get in California too.

And I could teach you Shakespeare, Bambu, the secret to Shakespeare is to have a bunch of dictionaries and you need to look up all of the words that you do not understand. Shakespeare takes patience, and you need to study and learn all of the new words.

Here is a video of me doing Prologue from Henry V by Shakespeare...

https://youtu.be/x3ZMT-G_WHE

As a Producer right now I would produce King Lear by Shakespeare, with Robert De Niro.

Salute,

Tony V.

Shakespeare drove me crazy.
I usually recovered by the end of each school day, but needed a good rest when I got home. :)
Shakespeare was all "double Dutch" to me.

from;

"Troilus and Cressida"

To answer for his love, tell him from me
I'll hide my silver beard in a golden beaver,
And in my vantbrace put this wither'd brawn;
And, meeting him, will tell him that my lady
Was fairer than his grandam, and as chaste
As may be in the world: his youth in flood,
I'll pawn this truth with my three drops of blood.

Wazzat?
That is the type of weird nonsense I spent my teen schooldays being tormented by, instead of learning something useful like how automobiles work, how to cook, how lawnmowers work, how to paint a house.

It was the education system's fault that I put hot water in my car's radiator to warm the engine up...and had to explain to the auto club roadside assist guy what I had done.
Basic maths and english grammar/spelling were the only useful things I took away from 7 years in primary school and 6 years in high school.

The drops of blood sounds like the secret vow that you take when you join La Cosa Nostra, I guess you put the drops of blood on a paper and then burn the paper.

https://people.howstuffworks.com/mafia.htm

I had a friend who was a neighbor of Carlo Gambino in Long Island, he was a great guy, he used to baby-sit the kids for Carlo, and when he grew up Carlo made him a buyer in the fashion industry so that he could earn money to go to college, he earned enough money to go to college in Buffalo, New York, for 4 years to study Business without having to work while he attended college. After college, my friend came to California and went to work at Paramount Studios as a studio executive, and then later he worked at Universal Studios as a studio executive. One of the shows that he worked on was "Family Ties." Anyhow, he said Carlo was a great man, and my friend had a great life because of Carlo, he attended the Metropolitan Opera in New York and saw Pavarotti several times, and he went to Broadway, he experienced all of the best that New York had to offer, then he came to California and he experienced the very best that California had to offer. He died in 2006, I miss my friend, he was a good guy. And my friend gave me a lot of ideas as a writer.

Interesting verse of poetry Bambu.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24969 on: March 10, 2022, 01:57:21 PM »

Pete Buttigieg has a Marie Antoinette Moment
Replying to Americans complaining about the high price of gasoline:

Let them buy Teslas!

If that's actually what he said, then yes that's pretty out of touch with the working/middle class.  Realistically, the quickest help to the largest number would be grants to municipalities to upgrade their mass transit, especially commuter routes, and also more evening hours routing.  A lot of people who commute by car aren't that thrilled by the drive, and do so because there are no decent alternatives.  (I remember a commute I had decades ago where I had to slog across a city for half an hour in dense traffic.  One express bus anywhere that direction would have tipped the balance to me gladly climbing aboard.)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24970 on: March 10, 2022, 02:00:34 PM »

Municipal renewable power and battery arrays for small and midsized cities, Freedom Stations, would also be a good idea. It is time to switch to a no burn grid.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24973 on: March 10, 2022, 04:58:18 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24974 on: March 10, 2022, 05:03:21 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/3/10/2085089/-New-data-shows-Texas-abortion-ban-doesn-t-stop-abortion-but-does-hurt-women

Old data showed that, too.

In fact, there has never been a study that showed that laws restricting access to legal abortions limited abortions. And every one of them showed that it increased infant and maternal mortality.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 ... 2918