Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1680 1681 [1682] 1683 1684 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742468 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25215 on: March 20, 2022, 04:49:17 PM »

China just laughed at Biden's warning of consequences for China if it helps Russia with its attack on Ukraine, reportedly.
Australia is legalizing sex with wallabies, reportedly.

Already legal ...

...with the two-legged variety.
There is a song...
"I wear a number on my back...I'm a Walla Walla Beee"
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25216 on: March 20, 2022, 05:06:49 PM »

China just laughed at Biden's warning of consequences for China if it helps Russia with its attack on Ukraine, reportedly.
I do not think you are paying attention.
Russian futility is not something they want to assist with and incur western sanctions.
Putin is on his own and if cant win or find an off ramp from Ukraine he is moo goo guy in a Chinese wok.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25217 on: March 20, 2022, 05:58:40 PM »

I read that there was an expert who said that the first signs of civilization in humans was when they discovered a skeleton that had a broken leg bone that had healed. With wild animals they die when they have a broken leg, but with people then humans help each other, and people nurture each other back to health.

Helping other people is what separates us from wild animals, and it is what makes us civilized.

The expert of whom you heard was anthropologist Dr. Margaret Mead, though we have no record of her having said it. We have a tale told of her saying it by somebody whose claim is that he attended a lecture in which that was her surprise answer to the question of first signs of civilization.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2021/07/25/femur/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25218 on: March 20, 2022, 06:00:51 PM »

I do not think you are paying attention.
Russian futility is not something they want to assist with and incur western sanctions.
Putin is on his own and if cant win or find an off ramp from Ukraine he is moo goo guy in a Chinese wok.

Bambu claims it was "reportedly." Not his own assertion, just one he is repeating without source. (It isn't even his oh-so-knowledgeable friend on this occasion.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #25219 on: March 20, 2022, 08:48:18 PM »

Australia is legalizing sex with wallabies, reportedly.

You will 'roo the day you suggested that.

I recommend "The Conundrum" by David Owen.  It relates to a lot of chats here we've had about energy, conservation, carbon footprint, and all the ideas that don't really work.
Owen wrote it eleven years ago, but it's still pretty relevant.  All members of Congress, and the government generally, should read it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25220 on: March 20, 2022, 09:56:44 PM »

Notes on the news

Biden is now sending Patriot antimissile interceptors to Saudi Arabia which could mend some hurt feelings between us and the Kingdom.

Did Putin just blink?

The Wall Street Journal is reporting  that
After Russian forces failed to secure a quick victory over Ukraine, senior U.S. officials see signs the Kremlin is shifting to a new strategy to secure key territorial objectives while seeking leverage to compel the Ukrainian government to accept neutrality between Russia and the West.

One positive result of the tragic Russian assault in Ukraine:

Europe, NATO, and Germany in particular, have admitted their past decades of shutting down nuclear plants, coal mines, and oil and gas fields have left Europe at the mercy of Russia.
Also a de facto admission  the U.S. was right that they were dangerously wrong in bowing to Putin.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25221 on: March 20, 2022, 10:21:21 PM »

There is a Wallaroo animal;

Youtube

The Wallaroo - Australias Most Wide Spread Macropod

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25222 on: March 21, 2022, 12:14:20 AM »

Prepper Princess asks:

"What if the great depression happens again"?

Not an unreasonable question.
Well I'd be finished...people could just take everything from me.
Not if I lived in America though...and had many guns and plenty of ammo.

People with money in banks never saw it again.
2/3 of the value of shares was lost.
There was no health insurance, no home insurance, no car insurance, no govt welfare, you had to line up for food...maybe you got some bread and soup if there was any left.
Most everyone was like the hungry people in Kentucky today.
I have in my mind that it could all happen again...well actually is for many people in the West today.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25223 on: March 21, 2022, 12:45:51 AM »

My family came to California during the Great Depression, from Denver, Colorado. My Great Grandfather was chief of police of Denver, Colorado, for a time, and then when he came to California he went to work as a bartender in Los Angeles, where he spent the rest of his life. Some of my family members picked fruit in the fields, etc. My Great Grandmother eventually divorced my Great Grandfather, and she opened her own restaurant in San Bernardino. And my Grandmother went to work at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino. They were survivors. Of note, my family was in the same homeless camp that was in "The Grapes of Wrath" when they first came to California, and Roy Rogers was in the same camp when he came to California from Ohio.

My Grandmother was a hard worker, and she taught me a lot.

And yes, Bambu, for the 60,000 homeless people living on the streets of Los Angeles it is horrible. They cannot help themselves, they need help. You cannot pull yourself up by the boot straps if you do not have any boots. They are living horrible lives. I support basic housing, food, and healthcare, for all Americans. We need to get the homeless people into housing.

On the issue of Kentucky, they will rise. And education is one of the key factors, and job training, etc. Kentucky is a good state and it would make a good home for the refugees from Ukraine, I recommend Kentucky, and Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25224 on: March 21, 2022, 02:23:54 AM »

My family came to California during the Great Depression, from Denver, Colorado. My Great Grandfather was chief of police of Denver, Colorado, for a time, and then when he came to California he went to work as a bartender in Los Angeles, where he spent the rest of his life. Some of my family members picked fruit in the fields, etc. My Great Grandmother eventually divorced my Great Grandfather, and she opened her own restaurant in San Bernardino. And my Grandmother went to work at the original McDonald's in San Bernardino. They were survivors. Of note, my family was in the same homeless camp that was in "The Grapes of Wrath" when they first came to California, and Roy Rogers was in the same camp when he came to California from Ohio.

My Grandmother was a hard worker, and she taught me a lot.

And yes, Bambu, for the 60,000 homeless people living on the streets of Los Angeles it is horrible. They cannot help themselves, they need help. You cannot pull yourself up by the boot straps if you do not have any boots. They are living horrible lives. I support basic housing, food, and healthcare, for all Americans. We need to get the homeless people into housing.

On the issue of Kentucky, they will rise. And education is one of the key factors, and job training, etc. Kentucky is a good state and it would make a good home for the refugees from Ukraine, I recommend Kentucky, and Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

If there's not enough wheat in America to make bread for the hungry in Kentucky, then Washington should buy wheat from Australia and send it to Kentucky, or make the bread in Washington and send that to Kentucky...and LA.
All homeless should be removed from the streets and housed in tent cities built by the army.
Send some toasters, margarine, vitamin pills, and Vegemite...many could be fed the basics for little cost.
It's the responsibility of the federal govt to make sure everyone in America has enough to eat and enough blankets for winter.
The cost taken out of the 'Spaceships to Mars" budget.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 02:32:30 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25225 on: March 21, 2022, 02:32:42 AM »

One teaspoon (5-gram) serving of standard Vegemite provides (4):

Calories: 11
Protein: 1.3 grams
Fat: Less than 1 gram
Carbs: Less than 1 gram
Vitamin B1 (thiamine): 50% of the RDI
Vitamin B9 (folate): 50% of the RDI
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 25% of the RDI
Vitamin B3 (niacin): 25% of the RDI
Sodium: 7% of the RDI

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25226 on: March 21, 2022, 02:51:06 AM »

Vegemite is a rich source of vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B9. The Reduced Salt version also contains vitamins B6 and B12.

B vitamins are very important for optimal brain health. Low blood levels of B vitamins have been linked to poor brain function and nerve damage.

For instance, low vitamin B12 levels have been associated with poor learning and memory. In addition, people with a vitamin B1 deficiency may suffer from poor memory, learning difficulties, delirium and even brain damage

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25227 on: March 21, 2022, 10:58:37 AM »

There is a guy named Rick Caruso who is running for Mayor of Los Angeles and he wants to help all of the homeless people in Los Angeles. He has some good ideas.

And one easy route is hostels for $15 per night, where people can take a nice hot shower and where they can sleep in a nice comfortable bed.

Group homes for the homeless is also an option.

Of course we also need lots of new apartment complexes, etc. I hope they bring in good architects and keep it fun as they build, and I would include swimming pools and tennis courts.

Yes Bambu, our government needs to help our people. We help people all around the world while everyone ignores the homeless people in America. All Americans need basic housing, food, and healthcare. Plus, many Americans are Christians, and Christians are supposed to help the poor and the needy and the homeless.

Vegemite never caught on here in the USA, but there are other cheap foods that people can eat, for breakfast pancakes are cheap, and for lunch you can have a salami sandwich for pretty cheap, and for dinner pasta is cheap. And stuff like potatoes are cheap. My doctor recommended the Mediterranean Diet, which is affordable.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25228 on: March 21, 2022, 11:17:08 AM »

Here is a video of Rick Caruso talking about his plans to help the homeless in Los Angeles if he wins as Mayor, and about his other plans such as fighting crime, etc.

https://youtu.be/tfIAVUIhIus

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25229 on: March 21, 2022, 11:31:35 AM »

The Mexicans eat scrambled eggs with cactus with salsa and tortillas...

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/eggs/scrambled-eggs-with-cactus/

And they eat lots of beans, and rice.

The Mexicans can teach the poor and starving how to eat cheap. It does not have to be expensive to feed the hungry.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1680 1681 [1682] 1683 1684 ... 2918