Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1741 1742 [1743] 1744 1745 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743143 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26130 on: April 20, 2022, 06:28:40 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trumps-pac-keeps-losing-money-his-lawyers-keep-cashing-in

For the third straight quarter, Donald Trump's former campaign committee turned in a fundraising loss, shedding $1.2 million to start 2022. And the reason for almost all of the Trump campaign's money problems is a familiar one: lawyers.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26131 on: April 20, 2022, 06:45:03 PM »

This is a non-political post about the near future in the US.

During the last major recession, the housing supply grew such that was about double what it was in February of 2022.

The number of houses available now is lower than it was in February, but the numbers aren't out yet. Nor is the rental supply appreciably better on the coasts.

Nonetheless, especially with the interest rates rising again, there is a fairly broad fear that we have another housing bubble that is on the verge of bursting. It's not just among the home sales folks, but now being heard in the building trades industry.

I am seeing a slowdown in the rise of home prices after absolutely absurd (33% year over year) increases in some areas. Mind you, slowdown is to a 'mere' 6 or 7% per year increase vs. the feared (and largely expected) drop in prices.

Still, it's a thing to be conscious of if you were in the selling consideration stage. I'd do it before the end of the summer. (Wish I could do mine.) Otherwise, riding it out might take a little while.

Retrofitting, electrifying, and weatherizing homes can easily take up the labor and economic slack as can adopting more widely ARUs in residential areas.

BBB like the whole voyage depends on it.

Keep marching
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26132 on: April 20, 2022, 06:46:18 PM »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26133 on: April 20, 2022, 06:54:19 PM »

Why Robert Reich can not be believed.

Trump had 88 million Twitter followers before Twitter took him off its platform just two days after the attack on the Capitol, which he provoked, in part, with his tweets. (Trump social media accounts were also suspended on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch and TikTok.)

These moves were necessary to protect American democracy. But Elon Musk the richest man in the world, with 80 million Twitter followers was not pleased. Musk tweeted that US tech companies should not be acting as the de facto arbiter of free speech.

Musk continues to tell his 80 million followers all sorts of things. I disagree with many of his positions, but ever since I posted a tweet two years ago criticizing him for how he treated his Tesla workers he has blocked me so I can not view or post criticisms of his tweets to his followers.

Seems like an odd move for someone who describes himself as a free speech absolutist. Musk advocates free speech but in reality it is just about power.

Robert Reich was Labor Secretary for Bill Clinton and wrote these words for Yhe Guardian on April 12.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:00:40 PM by Espnthree »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26134 on: April 20, 2022, 07:04:51 PM »

Trump had 88 million Twitter followers before Twitter took him off its platform just two days after the attack on the Capitol, which he provoked, in part, with his tweets. (Trump social media accounts were also suspended on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitch and TikTok.)

These moves were necessary to protect American democracy. But Elon Musk the richest man in the world, with 80 million Twitter followers was not pleased. Musk tweeted that US tech companies should not be acting as the de facto arbiter of free speech.

Musk continues to tell his 80 million followers all sorts of things. I disagree with many of his positions, but ever since I posted a tweet two years ago criticizing him for how he treated his Tesla workers he has blocked me so I can not view or post criticisms of his tweets to his followers.

Seems like an odd move for someone who describes himself as a free speech absolutist. Musk advocates free speech but in reality it is just about power.

Robert Reich was Labor Secretary for Bill Clinton and wrote these words for Yhe Guardian on April 12.

As ever, Ward, you make claims without explanation.

Nothing in the quote you provide supports your introduction.

AKA zzzzz
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26135 on: April 20, 2022, 07:10:39 PM »

Reich continues to be a real American, a real thinker, and a real leader.

Fucktards would prefer former cabinet officials comport themselves more in the style of utterly contemptible bastard Scott Pruitt.

Fucktards hate America and feel emasculated by our great nation. Fucktards try to pretend they do not feel shame for letting us all be ridden so roughly by trump.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26136 on: April 20, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »

AKA zzzzz
Only if you can not process words.
Tell me.
If I block someone on Elba am I silencing them to the rest of the room?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:25:21 PM by Espnthree »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26137 on: April 20, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »

AKA zzzzz
Only if you can not process words.
Tell me.
If I block someone on Elba am I silencing them to the rest of the room?

Whoooosh!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26138 on: April 20, 2022, 08:24:05 PM »

Show him how it works again. I do so love the demonstrations while they last.

Holly Martins

« Reply #26139 on: April 20, 2022, 08:35:20 PM »

Retrofitting, electrifying, and weatherizing homes can easily take up the labor and economic slack as can adopting more widely ARUs in residential areas.

If you mean ADU permitting, then right on.  Maybe ARU is a west coast variation.  Anyway, accessory dwelling units can make a huge difference when you look at incentives to renovate garages, sheds,  etc. into granny flats and garrets and the like.
We need to take the stigma out of ADUs that they get in some neighborhoods.  ADUs also provide a revenue stream for homeowners who are themselves struggling to avoid default.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26140 on: April 20, 2022, 08:45:52 PM »

He's one for you;

The hot topic in bambuworld today...society and politicians arguing over it.

What is your definition of a "woman"?        
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26142 on: April 20, 2022, 09:42:21 PM »

He's one for you;

Ask Ben Shapiro...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26143 on: April 20, 2022, 10:48:33 PM »

GOP faux-morality beats small government and individual power:

https://cafemom.com/parenting/221296-mom-fights-dmv-license-plate-pb4wego

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26144 on: April 21, 2022, 02:10:48 AM »

He's one for you;

Ask Ben Shapiro...

Tricky isn't it?
And if you're in the public eye downunder you'd better not get it wrong, or you could find yourself on the outer.

Conversation at my home last night; [mrs bambu had been watching the aftermath of the 1st 'ScoMo v Albo' election leaders 'debate' [read 'undecided voters forum' / 'PTA meeting']...her first mistake].
Thrown into the mix was transgender women in sport...a not-unattractive woman running as a candidate in the federal election is pro 'women and girls born female' and their rights and liberties. She of course is under attack.

Mrs bambu then got upset..."I'm not a woman anymore" she said looking all sad.
The largest supermarket chain has given its verdict on what is a woman..."someone who menstruates".

I told her it's all rubbish and not to take any notice of it ...that it's just people pushing agendas.

Nobody seems to know what the correct answer to what the definition of a woman is that won't get them into 'trouble'...so everyone is running a mile from the question. Kinda like that 'black lives matter/'all lives matter' drama. Say the wrong thing and it's bye bye to you.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:19:41 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1741 1742 [1743] 1744 1745 ... 2918