Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 ... 2919

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 744304 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26580 on: May 06, 2022, 10:20:38 AM »

So the dems are repackaging The Deplorablesas the The Maga Crowd?
And Sleepy Joe stills fucks up the pronunciation!

Hilarious!
The GOP has a solid chance at occupying 250 seats in the House next year.
Biden is a complete moron
Null set.
A parrot bit me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26581 on: May 06, 2022, 10:25:11 AM »

Karine Jean-Pierre named new WH Press Secretary.

MAGA heads exploding across mediaverse.

Black lesbian immigrant.

She is a badass.

The release I saw at NPR didn't say why Psaki was stepping down.  Kinda wondered.
MSNBC signed her.
Psaki said early last month that she would be exiting as press secretary to take a job as a pundit at MSNBC.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26582 on: May 06, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »

Karine Jean-Pierre named new WH Press Secretary.

MAGA heads exploding across mediaverse.

Black lesbian immigrant.

She is a badass.

The release I saw at NPR didn't say why Psaki was stepping down.  Kinda wondered.

That was her plan when she took the job - it was no surprise when she indicated the time had come. I presume she had plans to do something else.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26583 on: May 06, 2022, 11:07:11 AM »

This is from a year ago. It includes mention of her original statement from Jan 2021 that she'd be there a year.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/557877-psaki-likely-will-stay-longer-than-year-as-white-house-press-secretary/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26584 on: May 06, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »

In which Justice Alito is outed for his cowardly act, and rightly so: https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3479023-sophistry-at-the-supreme-court/

While Justice Alito does not deny a general right to privacy, he also does not affirm it. This ominous omission leaves the right to privacy, and therefore all the specific autonomy rights that have been predicated upon it
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26585 on: May 06, 2022, 12:24:44 PM »

This is from a year ago. It includes mention of her original statement from Jan 2021 that she'd be there a year.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/557877-psaki-likely-will-stay-longer-than-year-as-white-house-press-secretary/

Jen Psaki leaving the White House for MSNBC this spring

Updated April 1, 20223:48 PM ET
NPR

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26586 on: May 06, 2022, 12:27:30 PM »

I saw a guy on the news when they were doing a segment on rising crime, and he said that you just need to keep low and mind your own business, and that is exactly the wrong way to go. People all carry cell phones now, they need to use their cell phones to report crimes.

And here in Anaheim, we went into the worst neighborhood in Anaheim and we knocked on doors and brought the people together and passed out the contact information for the owners of the apartment complexes, etc, and that area is still nice, that area stayed nice.

You go in and you bring the  people together, and you clean up the graffiti, etc, and then you keep the area nice.

In New York they used the Broken Window Theory. You clean it up and then you keep it nice.

Also of note, we need more security on the subways and trains. We want for people to give up their cars, but then the public transportation is dangerous because of a lack of security, we need to have more security on the public transportation.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26587 on: May 06, 2022, 12:35:06 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26588 on: May 06, 2022, 01:01:07 PM »

Tweet from Andrea Junker
@Strandjunker

"Women can't have rights because they have a deeply rooted history of not having rights" is not the winning argument Republicans think it is.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26589 on: May 06, 2022, 01:24:35 PM »

Classic Heinlein quote from Tunnel in the Sky.  A truth we need to always bear in mind when we start to expect too much from politicians.

I inhaled every Heinlein book and I am a fan but in his later years he became blatantly fascist and by the time he rolled out The Number of the Beast I think he had lost his fucking mind.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 01:26:31 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26590 on: May 06, 2022, 01:39:19 PM »

If you dunk Alito he will more likely than not turn out to be a witch. If you dunk him enough he will even confess to it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26591 on: May 06, 2022, 02:05:48 PM »

If you dunk Alito he will more likely than not turn out to be a witch. If you dunk him enough he will even confess to it.
He weighs the same as a duck.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26592 on: May 06, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »

He weighs the same as a duck.

Because he is made of wood, obviously.

You are clearly a man of science.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #26594 on: May 06, 2022, 03:59:08 PM »

Susan Collins, professional twit, assembles another strawman version of proposed legislation.  Spectral Ray Bolger expresses envy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/05/05/sen-collins-voices-opposition-legislation-that-would-create-statutory-right-abortion/

Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 ... 2919