Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745279 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26955 on: May 14, 2022, 11:24:23 PM »

We need for the homeless hippies to know that all that they need to do is to ride a Greyhound Bus to Battle Mountain, Nevada, and then they can join a commune growing flowers, or making Goat Cheese, or raising pigs, or whatever. We need for the hippies to be able to go to a safe place such as Battle Mountain to get help and to join a commune. The communes in Battle Mountain can do trade with San Francisco, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26957 on: May 15, 2022, 05:09:13 AM »

I buy my water so yes it s s mine.
I Use what I need
I buy my grass and pay my property taxes.
It is my land to maintain
I suggest you get a clue.

All your money is stolen.
All that stuff will be repossessed soon.
I suggest you carry sunflower seeds.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #26958 on: May 15, 2022, 12:17:30 PM »

Meanwhile, as the GOP nationally continues to ignore the climate and pretends that problems are local when they're really national, Texas is once again suffering from a shortage of power, the Colorado "River" is getting worse every day, Lake Mead's at record low, and the western drought is spawning all kinds of spin-off issues.

we need to save the water for drinking and for watering lawns,

You need to stop watering your lawns.
My Life!
My Supply of Water!
My Grass!
Mind your own business

Unless you built a cistern, it's not just YOUR supply of water, so you and everyone else have to conserve when the reservoirs drop.  Funny, conservatives out here in drought country mostly seem able to grasp that.  And the water that grows food gets priority over the water that grows lawns.  One would think the reason is obvious.   But you never know, with sea lions.
I Use what I need

Even farmers know that their share of irrigation water is legally restricted in accordance with water district conservation needs, aquifer depletion, competing city needs, hydro dams, etc.  And those farmers are growing food we need to survive.  Grass OTOH, as the saying goes, is the only crop you harvest and then throw away.  Water is the liquid form of the Commons -- if everyone acts in pure self-interest, you get what economics calls the Tragedy of the Commons.  Water use must involve community stewardship. 

As above, I expect you to simply repeat your ignorance and not make substantive responses to the points made.  Because I come from ranching and farming families, and live in dry country, you know your ignorance will be transparent.  So better to hoot and jeer.

Holly Martins

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26960 on: May 15, 2022, 12:32:36 PM »

Meanwhile, as the GOP nationally continues to ignore the climate and pretends that problems are local when they're really national, Texas is once again suffering from a shortage of power, the Colorado "River" is getting worse every day, Lake Mead's at record low, and the western drought is spawning all kinds of spin-off issues.

My Life!
My Supply of Water!
My Grass!
Mind your own business

Unless you built a cistern, it's not just YOUR supply of water, so you and everyone else have to conserve when the reservoirs drop.  Funny, conservatives out here in drought country mostly seem able to grasp that.  And the water that grows food gets priority over the water that grows lawns.  One would think the reason is obvious.   But you never know, with sea lions.
I Use what I need

Even farmers know that their share of irrigation water is legally restricted in accordance with water district conservation needs, aquifer depletion, competing city needs, hydro dams, etc.  And those farmers are growing food we need to survive.  Grass OTOH, as the saying goes, is the only crop you harvest and then throw away.  Water is the liquid form of the Commons -- if everyone acts in pure self-interest, you get what economics calls the Tragedy of the Commons.  Water use must involve community stewardship. 

As above, I expect you to simply repeat your ignorance and not make substantive responses to the points made.  Because I come from ranching and farming families, and live in dry country, you know your ignorance will be transparent.  So better to hoot and jeer.
I pay top dollar to good lawn services.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26961 on: May 15, 2022, 01:38:40 PM »

My Life!
My Supply of Water!
My Grass!
Mind your own business

I Use what I need

I pay top dollar to good lawn services.

Sucker
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #26962 on: May 15, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »

And a nice serving of

QED

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26963 on: May 15, 2022, 02:11:58 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/05/15/mass-in-buffalo-tucker-carlson-and-other-right-wing-conspiracy-theorists-share-the/

News corp is an accessory to a lot of murders. It is time to pull the plug on fox.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26964 on: May 15, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »

Nevada is mostly raising cattle...

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Quick_Stats/Ag_Overview/stateOverview.php?state=NEVADA

With a good deal of milk production, which can also be used to make cheese, etc.

Northern Nevada can expand trade with San Francisco, they can raise pigs and sell bacon to San Francisco, etc.

And of course they can have greenhouses with flowers, etc, to sell to San Francisco.

There can be successful communes for the hippies in Nevada, and they can have good lives. It would be way better than living in a tent on the sidewalk in Los Angeles. They can live and work on a commune. And land is only one thousand dollars per acre in Battle Mountain, so it is more affordable than they might imagine.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 03:20:56 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26965 on: May 15, 2022, 03:51:54 PM »

And a nice serving of

QED
LOL!

In addition to improving the market value of individual homes and the surrounding neighborhood and communities, well maintained lawns, like all living plants, capture carbon dioxide and release oxygen.
Lawns also trap stormwater runoff, improve soil structure for the growth of trees and other plants,
reduce noise pollution, keep you cooler, and may save money on energy costs.

Clippings are also great for creating a compost rich in nitrogen for fertilizing gardens to grow food or flowers etc.
And of course do not forget the value of grass for livestock feed and other animals.

And, of course,grass provides a natural ground cover for recreation

You seem rather naive about these assets of lawns.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:40:46 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26966 on: May 15, 2022, 04:20:27 PM »

In most climates and environments lawns are among the worst ways to vegetate a piece of property.

Red offers basically again the same wrong argument he uses to defend big oil, tax cheats, and the pay day lending industry applied to another topic.

Red wants what he wants and is prepared to justify it endlessly in his miseducated obstinately corrosive way.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26968 on: May 15, 2022, 05:09:05 PM »

I Use what I need

All your money is stolen.
All that stuff will be repossessed soon.
I suggest you carry sunflower seeds.

The selfishness and shallow thinking is epic.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26969 on: May 15, 2022, 05:11:45 PM »

https://twitter.com/cafernblue/status/1204492897002958849?s=20&t=ZRLS7SEVJ6bnTz31Bfbnaw

My preferred version of that is that I stated people would change their minds with facts and the other person shared similar studies that show that people won't.

I said, "Okay, I stand corrected. Nobody changes their minds when confronted with facts."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1796 1797 [1798] 1799 1800 ... 2921