Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 2923

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 749159 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #27510 on: May 29, 2022, 11:10:23 AM »

Vice President Kamala Harris chimes in on what to do about mass shootings.

Do you know what an assault weapon is she asked, continuing: It was designed for a specific purpose: to kill a lot of human beings quickly. An assault weapon is a weapon of war, with no place, no place in a civil society.

Her low approval numbers (32%)among American voters is well deserved.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27511 on: May 29, 2022, 12:34:01 PM »

Francine would be so embarrassed to see what you've become.

It's a blessing she's not here to witness what a pathetic soul you are now.

Congratulati0ons, Ham.

You've earned another banning.

You really struggle with this bit about attacks around people's personal lives.

Don't try a workaround, please. It will just extend the posting ban from 10 days to 20.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27512 on: May 29, 2022, 12:58:55 PM »

GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Sunday he would be open to a ban on AR-15 guns, depending on "what it looks like," in a major shift for a Republican lawmaker who was previously against a ban, in the wake of the Uvalde school shooting.

"Look, I have opposed a ban. You know, fairly recently. I think I'm open to a ban now. It's gonna depend on what it looks like because there's a lot of nuances on what constitutes you know certain things, but I'm getting to the point where I have to wonder maybe it's maybe somebody to own one," Kinzinger told CNN's Dana Bash on State of the Union.

He added maybe what is just required is an "extra license," or "extra training," in the moment, deliberating on whether it would be a ban or additional certifications, but either way Kinzinger said it was up to those who support the Second Amendment to also be adding solutions to the discussion.

From CNN
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: May 29, 2022, 01:46:33 PM »

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2619161382602/kinzinger-says-he-is-open-to-assault-weapons-ban-after-uvalde-shooting

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) said on Sunday that he is open to an assault weapons banafter a gunman killed 21 people in Uvalde, Texas, with an AR-15-style rifle.

Talk of bans on the AR15 always spur record sales. It is way beyond time for the political class to try something else.

Because an AR-15, or a variant, was reportedly used in several mass shootings  including Aurora, Colorado; Newtown, Connecticut; San Bernardino,California; Sutherland Springs, Texas; Las Vegas and Parkland, Florida, in which a total of 154 people were killed this civilian sibling of a military assault rifle is an exceptionally polarizing product of modern American industry. The AR15 and its semiautomatic cousins  shoot one round for each pull of the trigger incite repulsion among those who see them as excessive, grotesque and having no place on the civilian market.
It is the focus of multiple attempts at prohibition, which in turn has prompted people to run out and buy more. Such panic buying drove sales of AR15s to record levels during the presidency of Barack Obama and the 2016 presidential campaign. Gun merchants say some buyers are also driven by a fascination with a weapon used in notoriously heinous crimes.

Devotees say the AR15 has been wrongly demonized, arguing that the vast majority of owners never use it in a crime, and that despite the rifle use in mass shootings, it is responsible for a very small proportion of gun violence.
Thanks to that ardent following, and shrewd marketing, the AR15 remains a jewel of the gun industry, the most popular rifle, irreversibly lodged into American culture.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/america-s-rifle-why-so-many-people-love-ar-15-n831171

Holly Martins

« Reply #27515 on: May 29, 2022, 02:01:57 PM »

Josh, a couple thankyous...

One, for your extended reply with Giffords center data, etc.  Though it had zero cognitive effect on the Sea Lion, I found it a helpful resource in a gun chat I was having.

Two, troll banning.  And the Forrest troll will still frame his just eviction in terms of "protecting" or "rescuing" LB, because he wants to paint him as weak and helpless, a classic bully tactic, and in this case so very false. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #27516 on: May 29, 2022, 02:18:56 PM »

.... Devotees say the AR15 has been wrongly demonized, arguing that the vast majority of owners never use it in a crime,...

The majority of dynamite buyers use it to blow out tree stumps or open rock dams on the creek.  It's still illegal to sell to an ordinary citizen who doesn't have a special demolition or mining license. 

The majority of people who used to buy arsenic used it to kill weeds or rats. 

The vast majority of people are peaceful and responsible.  We have laws because of the minority who aren't. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27517 on: May 29, 2022, 02:46:52 PM »

One, for your extended reply with Giffords center data, etc.  Though it had zero cognitive effect on the Sea Lion, I found it a helpful resource in a gun chat I was having.

Two, troll banning.  And the Forrest troll will still frame his just eviction in terms of "protecting" or "rescuing" LB, because he wants to paint him as weak and helpless, a classic bully tactic, and in this case so very false.
On one hand, ham richly deserved the time out. On the other, I sometimes wonder if his posting here is not the one thing that keeps him from taking an AR down to an inner city grocery store.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27518 on: May 29, 2022, 02:48:10 PM »

Vice President Kamala Harris chimes in on what to do about mass shootings.

Do you know what an assault weapon is she asked, continuing: It was designed for a specific purpose: to kill a lot of human beings quickly. An assault weapon is a weapon of war, with no place, no place in a civil society.

Her low approval numbers (32%)among American voters is well deserved.

Do you consider yourself big game or a varmint?

You both wear horns and eat spoil, so which is it?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #27519 on: May 29, 2022, 02:51:09 PM »

.... Devotees say the AR15 has been wrongly demonized, arguing that the vast majority of owners never use it in a crime,...

The vast majority of people are peaceful and responsible.  We have laws because of the minority who aren't.
Laws that punish the guilty, not the peaceful and responsible.
You know, common sense laws.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27520 on: May 29, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »

Peaceful and responsible people gave up lead in their gas, too late for Red to be sure. Peaceful and responsible people adapt to changing conditions so they and those they share society with can continue to live well.

That does not sound like you.

You must be a varmint.

Should your recommendation of a tool that lets one squeeze off a high number of rounds be applied as you may tend to try and slink or skitter off?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27521 on: May 29, 2022, 03:30:32 PM »

Peaceful and responsible people gave up lead in their gas, too late for Red to be sure. Peaceful and responsible people adapt to changing conditions so they and those they share society with can continue to live well.

That does not sound like you.

You must be a varmint.

Should your recommendation of a tool that lets one squeeze off a high number of rounds be applied as you may tend to try and slink or skitter off?

Enough of the threats of violence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27522 on: May 29, 2022, 03:37:49 PM »

Ward is in favor of laws that protect people only so long as he and his get to define which people are protected and which are not.

This, too, is not news.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27523 on: May 29, 2022, 03:41:11 PM »

You're welcome on the first - I never expect the other side to admit when they are or even might be wrong. As previously noted, Ward can't even admit when he screws up grammar.

And I don't care what his posturing says. He can frame it until he is blue in the face - he knows it is bullshit and so do the rest of us.

(I also kicked him for doing the same thing to me and I need protection from Ham the way I need protection from earthquakes here.)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: May 29, 2022, 03:42:46 PM »

Just wondering aloud if Ward maintains the same values if he sees himself looking up the barrel of a gun instead of lovingly stroking a barrel of his own.

I will refrain from threatening language and appeals to basic justice.

I just hope the failed Americans who post here, still enamored with their trumpy GOP and the hellscape that party inevitability unleashes, do not vote in November and never manage to register a cast vote again.

Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 2923