Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 ... 2776

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 640660 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #33976 on: April 18, 2023, 05:05:04 PM »

Yet he was reelected in a landslide victory. Folks are more concerned about the border crisis than transgender rights. This hits everything the inflationary economy, homelessness, crime in the sanctuary cities. Three to five million aliens and counting under sleepy Joe. Fly to beautiful Martha's vineyard on Desantis airlines, free handouts galore.
Being "tough on immigration" is the penultimate refuge of the scoundrel.

Yeah sure mass immigration is good for the economy, Israel must be punished, transgen is a major issue, no oil wells in Alaska(bothers the polar bears).  Kamala had the best solution; just stay home.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33977 on: April 18, 2023, 05:17:58 PM »

Fox settles for three quarters of a billion dollars. It is a good thing that they waited so long otherwise Jack Smith would not be able to utilize the sworn depositions filed in the matter when he calls the same witnesses before his team.

The software company is up next. Will fox have any cash on hand at all by the end of the quarter?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33978 on: April 18, 2023, 05:31:34 PM »

Broad, humane and mutually beneficial immigration is essential to having a healthy society in the future. Old fucks are expensive to maintain and they do not provide or produce much to support their lingering existence. The necessary wealth has to come from somewhere.

Republican scam-culture has made it so many young people do not want to start families in this mess. So you cannot realistically look for help from home in this climate.

Israel is in a world of shit largely of its own contrivance. A friendly gesture would be to encourage Israel to stop digging rather than tossing in more heavy equipment whenever the diggers ask.

Freedom to exist protected from oppression by your society is a major issue.

There are better places to put your energy to get your energy than into new oil wells.

I am glad you like Vice President Harris. Just vote for whoever she tells you to and things will be alright.

Richard P. Feynman

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33979 on: April 18, 2023, 06:13:06 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/4/18/2164443/-Tennessee-Republicans-pass-bill-asking-students-to-report-divisive-concepts-in-their-classrooms

More ketchup on the walls from the devolution caucus.

Includes a ban on promoting resentment of the rich?  That is going to take some serious scrubbing of American history since the Industrial Revolution, not to mention current affairs.  When they dubbed baseball the national pastime, I always figured it was a tie for first place with resenting the rich. 

Resenting has long been the other side of the American coin of worshipping the rich. 

Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33980 on: April 18, 2023, 06:46:06 PM »

He seems to think so.
What is wrong with that?
He led the Intelligence Agency so he certainly is privy to a lot of information.
And most of the more recent opinions tend to support similar conclusions that were repressed  by Big Tech during the Covid years.
.  Oh.  So you're fine with him having the "final say".  Make up your mind.
I have no knowledge to add to the debate of the origins of Covid.
You could have stopped after the ninth word. Or sixth. Or for that matter, fourth.
Ratcliffe is testifying under oath today in Congress about what he knows.
I do not doubt the importance of determining the cause of COVID. Just the relevance of one opinion based on "Unassailable" undisclosed sources. Especially when the opinion uses a phrase like "only explanation and plausible assessment."
One opinion?
That is what you provided in the post I responded to, yes.
Man.  You must not read or watch news
Weeks ago I posted the FBI and Department of Energy findings.
The House Oversight Committee Hearing was only a week ago.
And yesterday you posted some lame jackass who purported to know the "only explanation and plausible assessment" based on "unassailable" sources. Which is what I responded to.
Please. Accept the mystery.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #33981 on: April 18, 2023, 07:01:29 PM »

He seems to think so.
What is wrong with that?
He led the Intelligence Agency so he certainly is privy to a lot of information.
And most of the more recent opinions tend to support similar conclusions that were repressed  by Big Tech during the Covid years.
.  Oh.  So you're fine with him having the "final say".  Make up your mind.
I have no knowledge to add to the debate of the origins of Covid.
You could have stopped after the ninth word. Or sixth. Or for that matter, fourth.
Ratcliffe is testifying under oath today in Congress about what he knows.
I do not doubt the importance of determining the cause of COVID. Just the relevance of one opinion based on "Unassailable" undisclosed sources. Especially when the opinion uses a phrase like "only explanation and plausible assessment."
One opinion?
That is what you provided in the post I responded to, yes.
Man.  You must not read or watch news
Weeks ago I posted the FBI and Department of Energy findings.
The House Oversight Committee Hearing was only a week ago.
And yesterday you posted some lame jackass who purported to know the "only explanation and plausible assessment" based on "unassailable" sources. Which is what I responded to.
Some lame jackass? Who was that?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #33982 on: April 18, 2023, 07:14:05 PM »

You have had enough fish today.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #33983 on: April 18, 2023, 07:22:06 PM »

Obama was for domestically produced fuels, and limiting immigration. Sleepy Joe became the nominee by selling out to the fringe element in his party to dire consequences. He has attempted a bit of a back step recently.

---Mass immigration is not a panacea to save Social Security. Because of
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #33984 on: April 18, 2023, 10:16:17 PM »

Obama was a centerist republican, hopefully the last republican president America will ever have. Joe is a little more in touch, but that is because he has been paying attention longer.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33985 on: April 19, 2023, 07:44:43 AM »

Joe stuffed up the withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Trump had it all sorted, told the Taliban boss that if he did anything to wreck the smooth withdrawal that Trump would make him, and the Taliban pay, bigtime...Trump showed him a photo of his house..."we know where you live".

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #33986 on: April 19, 2023, 09:04:20 AM »

Trump had it all sorted, told the Taliban boss that if he did anything to wreck the smooth withdrawal that Trump would make him, and the Taliban pay, bigtime...Trump showed him a photo of his house..."we know where you live".
No he did not you Trump loving fascist turd. He gave the Taliban a date by which we would be out, and they agreed not to take military action until then. One of the few good things he did. We kept up our end of the agreement. The Taliban kept its word. The did nothing to wreck the withdrawal. It was done before they moved.

What the Biden people, the intelligence community, the military and, when they were there, the Trump people got wrong is they overestimated the quality of the Afghan military and underestimated how fast the Taliban take over would be. There was no plan in place to deal with the collapse. That is on Biden and the military. But unless you are going to argue that the intelligence estimate of the Taliban advance would have been different under Trump, the same shit would happen. And there would be no way to stop them. There were 2000 combat troops left.when Trump was dragged from the White House kicking and screaming like a spoiled child who cannot.accept that the circus has ended, and no substantial forces by the date the Taliban started their advance. He could not "make them pay, bigly or otherwise. It would have been logistically impossible.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33987 on: April 19, 2023, 01:17:06 PM »

Broad, humane and mutually beneficial immigration is essential to having a healthy society in the future. Old fucks are expensive to maintain and they do not provide or produce much to support their lingering existence. The necessary wealth has to come from somewhere.

Republican scam-culture has made it so many young people do not want to start families in this mess. So you cannot realistically look for help from home in this climate.

Israel is in a world of shit largely of its own contrivance. A friendly gesture would be to encourage Israel to stop digging rather than tossing in more heavy equipment whenever the diggers ask.

Freedom to exist protected from oppression by your society is a major issue.

There are better places to put your energy to get your energy than into new oil wells.

I am glad you like Vice President Harris. Just vote for whoever she tells you to and things will be alright.

Seems to many that 'young people' want 'old people' (40 is classed as old today, confirmed on Family Feud (Steve Harvey) show)...to die as soon as possible so they can get their money instead of working hard themselves.
"An elderly man 60, was attacked and robbed outside the social club", written in my newspaper.

Israel has a right to exist, set up as a "Jewish homeland/sanctuary" after WW2.
"The Jews last stand". The atrocities inflicted on them in the Holocaust are on Youtube for the world to see.
Israel needs to arm itself to the max with nukes and all the latest missiles, war planes, war ships.
Needs to become energy self-sufficient...keep on drilling.

During school hours, in my world, who are most of the people in the malls shopping for groceries etc, filling the offices of doctors, kitchenware shops, and dept stores?
Answer: "Old people".

School holidays now...for 2 weeks..."old people" sure come in handy for minding the kiddies while the "young people" are working. LOL

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #33988 on: April 19, 2023, 01:23:08 PM »

No he did not you Trump loving fascist turd. He gave the Taliban a date by which we would be out, and they agreed not to take military action until then. One of the few good things he did. We kept up our end of the agreement. The Taliban kept its word. The did nothing to wreck the withdrawal. It was done before they moved.

What the Biden people, the intelligence community, the military and, when they were there, the Trump people got wrong is they overestimated the quality of the Afghan military and underestimated how fast the Taliban take over would be. There was no plan in place to deal with the collapse. That is on Biden and the military. But unless you are going to argue that the intelligence estimate of the Taliban advance would have been different under Trump, the same shit would happen. And there would be no way to stop them. There were 2000 combat troops left.when Trump was dragged from the White House kicking and screaming like a spoiled child who cannot.accept that the circus has ended, and no substantial forces by the date the Taliban started their advance. He could not "make them pay, bigly or otherwise. It would have been logistically impossible.

Saw Trump interviewed, he said he told the Taliban he would basically bomb them into ash if they didn't do what he wanted.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 01:26:49 PM by bambu. »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #33989 on: April 19, 2023, 01:42:45 PM »

Saw Trump interviewed, he said he told the Taliban he would basically bomb them into ash if they didn't do what he wanted.

That's hysterical.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 ... 2776