Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762638 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4140 on: March 21, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »

So, the US Mail is distrusted by some members of a block of democrats - but the same US Mail is what has BOLSTERED voting numbers for that same party.

Conundrum for Dems?  I think not.

Take the advantage you got - and expect/accept the other side will not allow elections to be placed in your lap the next go round.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: March 21, 2021, 03:37:19 PM »

Government OF the people.   Supposed to adapt to us,  not the other way around.   If my bloc prefers in-person voting,  then my elected officials need to make that happen -- they work for us and we pay their salaries.  There are legitimate reasons that some minority voting blocs distrust the mail.   Fuck "adapting, "  leave the damn poll stations open and with hours convenient to working people.   

The bolded part... I would have thought was obvious.   Since lower income people tend to change address more,  they are more likely to not receive mail forms in time for an election.   Which means they often opt for getting in line.   Since this is supported by the DATA Ward claims to respect so much,  there's no reason legislators can't fix this.   In states with GOP majorities,  like GA and AZ,  they refuse to ease access because they know their policies suck and low-income  minorities will largely vote against them.   
Except there is no data to back up anything you claim or you would have posted it.

TKTPS.
[/quote]

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: March 21, 2021, 03:47:48 PM »

Government OF the people.   Supposed to adapt to us,  not the other way around.   If my bloc prefers in-person voting,  then my elected officials need to make that happen -- they work for us and we pay their salaries.   There are legitimate reasons that some minority voting blocs distrust the mail.   Fuck "adapting, "  leave the damn poll stations open and with hours convenient to working people.
Except, of course, Elections official have adapted and made voting more flexible and easier.  It’s a process that  continues to adapt. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: March 21, 2021, 04:16:18 PM »

U.S. races to find bed space for migrant children as number of unaccompanied minors in government custody hits 15,500

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-migrant-children-in-border-patrol-custody-hits-15500/

"Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into !" Oliver Hardy 1930

At his peak in February 2019, Trump was letting in 150,000 per month.

It’s nice to know that in a saner more humane way than his predecessor Biden is getting immigration under control.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #4144 on: March 21, 2021, 04:45:05 PM »

Government OF the people.   Supposed to adapt to us,  not the other way around.   If my bloc prefers in-person voting,  then my elected officials need to make that happen -- they work for us and we pay their salaries.  There are legitimate reasons that some minority voting blocs distrust the mail.   Fuck "adapting, "  leave the damn poll stations open and with hours convenient to working people.   

The bolded part... I would have thought was obvious.   Since lower income people tend to change address more,  they are more likely to not receive mail forms in time for an election.   Which means they often opt for getting in line.   Since this is supported by the DATA Ward claims to respect so much,  there's no reason legislators can't fix this.   In states with GOP majorities,  like GA and AZ,  they refuse to ease access because they know their policies suck and low-income  minorities will largely vote against them.   
Except there is no data to back up anything you claim or you would have posted it.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/924527679/why-do-nonwhite-georgia-voters-have-to-wait-in-line-for-hours-too-few-polling-pl

The growth in registered voters has outstripped the number of available polling places in both predominantly white and Black neighborhoods. But the lines to vote have been longer in Black areas, because Black voters are more likely than whites to cast their ballots in person on Election Day and are more reluctant to vote by mail, according to U.S. census data and recent studies. Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that about two-thirds of the polling places that had to stay open late for the June primary to accommodate waiting voters were in majority-Black neighborhoods, even though they made up only about one-third of the state's polling places. An analysis by Stanford University political science professor Jonathan Rodden of the data collected by Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that the average wait time after 7 p.m. across Georgia was 51 minutes in polling places that were 90% or more nonwhite, but only six minutes in polling places that were 90% white....   

One of many ways it's easier for white people to vote.   Good luck on your voyage of discovery.   I'm not going to do all the research for you.   Either you'll look further,  mind open,  or you won't.  I can see why Josh has given up on doing the hod-carrying.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4145 on: March 21, 2021, 05:37:35 PM »

Aren't there already laws against campaigning at polling station queues?   Which is why people handing out beverages are just providing physical support to those enduring extreme lines.   What possible reason could there be to make another law against campaigning when that's already on the books?  And so peculiar in its specificity?   And why are the long lines in minority precincts -- why are people breezing through out in suburbia and other predom white districts?   

Finally,  and again I'd appreciate people reading my posted article before replying (it's real obvious when you skip it),  who on earth says to themself "wow,  that dude just gave me a bottle of water,  wow,  I'm changing political parties right here,  right now! "

Well, the gist here is that the long lined polls are more slanted to Democratic voters

Not true?

How does that (fewer polling stations in blue areas = longer lines) call for laws making it even harder?   Still have yet to hear a coherent explanation that doesn't involve partisan warfare on voter access.   If the trend is towards more turnout,  and polls are supposed to be available to all registered voters, where is the logic of cutting polling stations where they are most needed?   People least likely to have cars, have to travel farther to vote?   I'd suggest caution how you use the word "logical. "
A better warning for you since you show no cognizant understanding of voting in America.
No proposed laws call for making voter “ harder”.
Polls are available to all registered voters by early in-person voting, no fault absentee balloting, mail voting, and Election Day voting.
No one needs a car to vote, anymore.
And none of your posts contain data to buttress your arguments.

Hundreds of posts here have had data.  And in fact,  my post which started the chat,  linked to a New Yorker article with relevant info.  Which I pointed out three times.  And,  as you know if you've followed the issues,  blacks tend to prefer in-person voting to mail,  which is part of the problem with cutting polling stations,  hours,  and Sundays in black neighborhoods.   

And no,  no sane politician is going to baldly state their bill makes voting harder.   They cloak it in lofty language about election integrity even as they know quite well that they are limiting minority access to the vote.     

And yes,  some people need a car,  because they live on a Reservation in,  say,  Arizona,  and the spotty mail system doesn't get their ballot delivered on time.   So someone with a functioning car collects ballots and drives an hour or more to a county dropoff...which is why AZ Republicans are trying to make this illegal.   

All this has been thoroughly discussed here.   Pretending you couldn't follow or remember that is pure trolling.   We're done.

Hes just a shill.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: March 21, 2021, 05:38:07 PM »

Red’s rudimentary and offputting conversation skills and his strict avoidance of cognition are his saving graces. It rules out the possibility of others joining him in his false, treacherous , and self-defeating way of being in the world.

Republicans are setting up America to demand they acquiesce and pass well funded Democratic immigration reform.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4147 on: March 21, 2021, 05:45:20 PM »

Hundreds of posts here have had data.  And in fact,  my post which started the chat,  linked to a New Yorker article with relevant info.  Which I pointed out three times.  And,  as you know if you've followed the issues, blacks tend to prefer in-person voting to mail,  which is part of the problem with cutting polling stations,  hours,  and Sundays in black neighborhoods.   

And they cant adapt?

Fuck that noise.

You motherfuckers ever think of following your own advice derived from your own research?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/03/what-you-need-to-read-in-the-rnc-election-autopsy-report/274112/

Nope.

Nah. Y'all doubled down on white supremacy and racism and voter suppression because your policies suck for EVERYONE who isn't rich, racist or stupid.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4148 on: March 21, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »

Government OF the people.   Supposed to adapt to us,  not the other way around.   If my bloc prefers in-person voting,  then my elected officials need to make that happen -- they work for us and we pay their salaries.   There are legitimate reasons that some minority voting blocs distrust the mail.   Fuck "adapting, "  leave the damn poll stations open and with hours convenient to working people.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4149 on: March 21, 2021, 05:47:52 PM »

TKTPS.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: March 21, 2021, 05:54:31 PM »

Hundreds of posts here have had data.  And in fact,  my post which started the chat,  linked to a New Yorker article with relevant info.  Which I pointed out three times.  And,  as you know if you've followed the issues, blacks tend to prefer in-person voting to mail,  which is part of the problem with cutting polling stations,  hours,  and Sundays in black neighborhoods.   

And they cant adapt?

Fuck that noise.

You motherfuckers ever think of following your own advice derived from your own research?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/03/what-you-need-to-read-in-the-rnc-election-autopsy-report/274112/

Nope.

Nah. Y'all doubled down on white supremacy and racism and voter suppression because your policies suck for EVERYONE who isn't rich, racist or stupid.

Motown one hit wonder
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: March 21, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/924527679/why-do-nonwhite-georgia-voters-have-to-wait-in-line-for-hours-too-few-polling-pl

The growth in registered voters has outstripped the number of available polling places in both predominantly white and Black neighborhoods. But the lines to vote have been longer in Black areas, because Black voters are more likely than whites to cast their ballots in person on Election Day and are more reluctant to vote by mail, according to U.S. census data and recent studies. Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that about two-thirds of the polling places that had to stay open late for the June primary to accommodate waiting voters were in majority-Black neighborhoods, even though they made up only about one-third of the state's polling places. An analysis by Stanford University political science professor Jonathan Rodden of the data collected by Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that the average wait time after 7 p.m. across Georgia was 51 minutes in polling places that were 90% or more nonwhite, but only six minutes in polling places that were 90% white....   

One of many ways it's easier for white people to vote.   Good luck on your voyage of discovery.   I'm not going to do all the research for you. 
One anecdotal example from Georgia is “ research”?
Georgia had a record turnout for a Presidential vote amid a pandemic.
Elections officials advised voters to use the State’s four week window of early in-person voting or use a Mail- In absentee ballot ( BTW Georgia was the first state in the country to implement automatic voter registration, at least 16 days of early voting, and no-excuse absentee voting).
An analysis of early voting shows that of the 2.7 million such votes nearly 60% came from white voters,  just over 25% from Blacks.  There were 1.3 million mail-in ballots with 5 of every 10 coming from whites, 3 of 10 from blacks. https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/GA.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 05:57:51 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4152 on: March 21, 2021, 06:00:54 PM »

So, the US Mail is distrusted by some members of a block of democrats - but the same US Mail is what has BOLSTERED voting numbers for that same party.

Conundrum for Dems?  I think not.

Take the advantage you got - and expect/accept the other side will not allow elections to be placed in your lap the next go round.

If you can't win straight up, cheat.

That same US Mail was sabotaged by the last administration during a fucking pandemic affecting people's medicines and their money.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4153 on: March 21, 2021, 06:04:22 PM »

And they cant adapt?

Fuck that noise.

Nope.

Motown one hit wonder

Its still high on the charts

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4154 on: March 21, 2021, 06:06:01 PM »

One of many ways it's easier for white people to vote.   Good luck on your voyage of discovery.   I'm not going to do all the research for you. 
One anecdotal example from Georgia is “ research”?
Georgia had a record turnout for a Presidential vote amid a pandemic.
Elections officials advised voters to use the State’s four week window of early in-person voting or use a Mail- In absentee ballot ( BTW Georgia was the first state in the country to implement automatic voter registration, at least 16 days of early voting, and no-excuse absentee voting).
An analysis of early voting shows that of the 2.7 million such votes nearly 60% came from white voters,  just over 25% from Blacks.  There were 1.3 million mail-in ballots with 5 of every 10 coming from whites, 3 of 10 from blacks. https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/GA.html

Get some relevant talking points

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/19/969497398/georgia-republicans-file-sweeping-elections-bill-to-limit-early-and-absentee-vot

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 2929