Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2798 2799 [2800] 2801 2802 ... 2899

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 725241 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41985 on: July 08, 2024, 08:04:55 PM »

Got to at least let the republicans make complete fools of themselves at the Milwaukee coke orgy first.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41986 on: July 08, 2024, 08:10:06 PM »

Pretty clear that Biden thinks fighting to a bitter end is better for his Legacy than resigning.
What it means for his party is not so clear.
It is also not a vote of confidence for Kamala

The chat with G-steph was disappointing.  I saw someone who had the kind of unwarranted confidence that signals some loss of self-awareness.  It adds to the feeling that the DP machinery has become corroded and unresponsive.  I held back expressing this back in the primaries - solidarity and all that - but Biden seemed to me to be entering a Weekend at Bernies stage all this past year.  He had enough momentum and life wisdom to get him through a first term, but no more.

With all due respect. BULLSHIT.

Biden is 81 years old and has noticeably slowed but the reports of his demise are slightly exaggerated.

Trump is 78 and is a demented sociopath whose own cognitive abilities have greatly diminished. Just watch one of his rallies in its entirety.

Biden has done an amazing job as PRESIDENT. The economy is the envy of the world. Europe and NATO are more unified than at any time in recent memory Poland, France and the U.K. slapped down the rightwing.

Israel is ready to kick Netanyahu to the curb and the Iranians chose to Chuck the hardliners in favor of the reformer. OPEC has lost its stranglehold on the US because of Biden energy policies.

The first rule of the Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy is DONT PANIC!and always carry a towel

It bothers me so many politicos calling for  Biden to step aside are motivated by self preservation instead of national preservation

The problem is too many Dems are quick to panic and also are too quick to see things through the lens of THEIR job. In politics if you are not willing to say fuck it! I
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41987 on: July 09, 2024, 12:51:09 AM »

The stock market endorses President Biden yet again.

Four more terms!

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #41988 on: July 09, 2024, 09:08:45 AM »

Biden is 81 years old and has noticeably slowed but the reports of his demise are slightly exaggerated.

Trump is 78 and is a demented sociopath whose own cognitive abilities have greatly diminished. Just watch one of his rallies in its entirety.

Biden has done an amazing job as PRESIDENT. The economy is the envy of the world. Europe and NATO are more unified than at any time in recent memory Poland, France and the U.K. slapped down the rightwing.

Israel is ready to kick Netanyahu to the curb and the Iranians chose to Chuck the hardliners in favor of the reformer. OPEC has lost its stranglehold on the US because of Biden energy policies.

The first rule of the Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy is DONT PANIC!and always carry a towel

It bothers me so many politicos calling for  Biden to step aside are motivated by self preservation instead of national preservation

These are all true things, but does not mean asking if Biden is the best poised to beat Trump is the wrong question.  It is possible to acknowledge the Biden first term as masterful while determining if it can be repeated.  Joe stepping down could enhance his legacy rather than damage it.  Just because some make that case for the wrong reasons does not make it inherently wrong.
War is Gods way of teaching Americans geography.
  - Ambrose Bierce

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41989 on: July 09, 2024, 09:55:35 AM »

These are all true things, but does not mean asking if Biden is the best poised to beat Trump is the wrong question.  It is possible to acknowledge the Biden first term as masterful while determining if it can be repeated.  Joe stepping down could enhance his legacy rather than damage it.  Just because some make that case for the wrong reasons does not make it inherently wrong.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions, the problem is not being satisfied with answers and acting as if ther is a monumental coverup while the opponent lies freely and frequently.

Biden and his campaign deserves the space and grace to reach a decision on whether to run or not. The badgering of the White House press Secretary for answers pertaining to the campaign is totally unprofessional

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-briefing-karine-jean-pierre-biden-parkinsons-doctor/

Trump is waiting for the Democrats to completely meltdown before announcing his VP  and the media should not force the issue on behalf of the GOP just because they are enjoying their favorite story line of DEMS IN DISARRAY for the first time in a long while.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41990 on: July 09, 2024, 10:27:48 AM »

Actually, the "press corps badgering of the White House press Secretary for answers" is literally the job description for both.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #41991 on: July 09, 2024, 10:52:53 AM »

As is "lying" a job description for the press Secretary position.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41992 on: July 09, 2024, 01:22:35 PM »

It is hard to find clear reporting on whether as a result of his latest drug overdose trump has had a heart attack or a stroke down at Mar Lago. His spokespeople are still avoiding giving a straight answer on the issue. Republican voters should be very concerned

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41993 on: July 09, 2024, 03:27:47 PM »

Concerned republican voters are asking if, after more than fifty years of casual raping and innumerable business failures, donald trump can develop the kind of normal healthy relationship with any human being necessary for even the lowest form of leadership.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41994 on: July 09, 2024, 05:08:18 PM »

Actually, the "press corps badgering of the White House press Secretary for answers" is literally the job description for both.

No. It is not.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41995 on: July 09, 2024, 05:09:56 PM »

As is "lying" a job description for the press Secretary position.

No. It is not.

This is not the Trump or Bush administration.

Thought you guys would be a little more discerning.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #41996 on: July 09, 2024, 05:21:11 PM »

I will disagree with you on this but do not want to push it any further.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 05:37:40 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41997 on: July 09, 2024, 10:34:48 PM »

Tonight at his rally, Trump: 
Said he told NATO allies he wouldnt defend them against Russia
Praised Hannibal Lecter, a fictional cannibal
Promised to appoint a Project 2025 leader to his administration
Promised to round up immigrants into mass detention camps
Said he didnt know what NATO was when he was president
Praised the Supreme Court for giving him criminal immunity
Promised to pardon January 6 insurrectionists
Praised a self-described white nationalist
Played QAnon music

This all deserves more media coverage.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41998 on: July 09, 2024, 10:49:06 PM »

Tonight at his rally, Trump: 
Said he told NATO allies he wouldnt defend them against Russia
Praised Hannibal Lecter, a fictional cannibal
Promised to appoint a Project 2025 leader to his administration
Promised to round up immigrants into mass detention camps
Said he didnt know what NATO was when he was president
Praised the Supreme Court for giving him criminal immunity
Promised to pardon January 6 insurrectionists
Praised a self-described white nationalist
Played QAnon music

This all deserves more media coverage.

That and the Russian ties and the child rape testimony from witnesses and victims.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Joe Biden is so old
« Reply #41999 on: July 10, 2024, 02:36:12 AM »

Joe Biden is so old that he remembers a time before trump became a rapist, career criminal fraud and a Russian puppet.

Not many Americans can look back that far.

Pages: 1 ... 2798 2799 [2800] 2801 2802 ... 2899