Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2797 2798 [2799] 2800 2801 ... 2912

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 738977 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #41970 on: July 08, 2024, 10:25:54 AM »

Given his completely transactional nature, I wonder if Trump would be willing to clean up the Constitutional provision leading to so-called "anchor babies" in exchange for repeal of the Second Amendment.

Maybe, but there goes his bucket list item, shoot someone on Fifth Avenue .  Having a Seal team do it for you just isnt the same.
not to mention both are illegal

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41971 on: July 08, 2024, 11:09:19 AM »

Given his completely transactional nature, I wonder if Trump would be willing to clean up the Constitutional provision leading to so-called "anchor babies" in exchange for repeal of the Second Amendment.

Maybe, but there goes his bucket list item, shoot someone on Fifth Avenue .  Having a Seal team do it for you just isnt the same.
Illegal? Yes. Prosecutable for Trump is the question.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41972 on: July 08, 2024, 11:58:49 AM »

Well, no. Since the order would not be carried out.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41973 on: July 08, 2024, 12:20:05 PM »

That is an assumption I am unwilling to share. It only takes a couple of lackeys in the right spot.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41974 on: July 08, 2024, 12:30:36 PM »

That is an assumption I am unwilling to share. It only takes a couple of lackeys in the right spot.
Then you are an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41975 on: July 08, 2024, 12:44:48 PM »

Then you are an idiot.
Ah. An insult, right on cue.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41976 on: July 08, 2024, 01:03:40 PM »

Then you are an idiot.
Good.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41977 on: July 08, 2024, 02:11:25 PM »

Red does not understand why everyone is not a fascist cuck like he is.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #41978 on: July 08, 2024, 02:21:08 PM »

Then you are an idiot.
Good.

In Hartford, Hereford and Hampshire, juntas hardly happen.

(the GOP has updated Liza Dolittles diction drills in My Fair Lady, to reduce public anxiety about the latest upgrade to the Unitary Executive theory)
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #41979 on: July 08, 2024, 03:07:44 PM »

Pretty clear that Biden thinks fighting to a bitter end is better for his Legacy than resigning.
What it means for his party is not so clear.
It is also not a vote of confidence for Kamala

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Middlesex

• View Profile
« Reply #41981 on: July 08, 2024, 05:34:45 PM »

Pretty clear that Biden thinks fighting to a bitter end is better for his Legacy than resigning.

The chat with G-steph was disappointing.  I saw someone who had the kind of unwarranted confidence that signals some loss of self-awareness.  It adds to the feeling that the DP machinery has become corroded and unresponsive.  I held back expressing this back in the primaries - solidarity and all that - but Biden seemed to me to be entering a Weekend at Bernies stage all this past year.  He had enough momentum and life wisdom to get him through a first term, but no more. 

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #41982 on: July 08, 2024, 05:43:33 PM »

I think Biden feels.he can still do the job and is the Dem's best chance to  eat Trump. Whether he is right on either of those two things is very much open to question. Things like his debate performance feed into an existing narrative and are really, really hard to undo.

I think that it says nothing about his faith in Harris, but everything about his combativeness. He would do the same regardless of his Veep.

Note: I appear to have hit the space bar instead of a B, but I am keeping it in.
A parrot bit me.

Middlesex

• View Profile
« Reply #41983 on: July 08, 2024, 05:54:19 PM »

I think that it says nothing about his faith in Harris, but everything about his combativeness. He would do the same regardless of his Veep.

Agree.  I have Irish-Am relatives who consistently held onto their inner pugilist all through their lives.  I cant tell how much is DNA and how much is just a culturally transmitted thing, but have only seen it ended by either death or severe depression.

Eating Trump - rich, marbled meat am sure!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #41984 on: July 08, 2024, 07:46:01 PM »

It means the millions of primary voters will not be over ridden ina back room deal. Also means Kamala Harris is the Vice President.

Poor Republicans half desire a Harris candidacy and half dread the same.

It is July 8

There is room for discussion but no need to hurry for a decision,

"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"
Pages: 1 ... 2797 2798 [2799] 2800 2801 ... 2912