Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 2821 2822 [2823] 2824 2825 ... 2917

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 740861 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #42330 on: July 21, 2024, 11:03:13 PM »

President Biden can now use the hall pass recently granted to him by the Supreme Court to ensure we all have a fair election free of right wing influence and spin especially at the hands of white collar organized crime and terror networks both foreign and domestic. He should call in all the agencies to make this the number one focus going forward. He should take all measures to ensure every eligible American has access to a ballot and a clear understanding of the issues and individuals involved.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42331 on: July 22, 2024, 12:30:05 AM »

Cooper NC guv.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42332 on: July 22, 2024, 01:08:29 AM »

Mattis should be the first call for VP. Kelly should be second.

In no particular order, my short list

Whitmer (strong gov, intelligent charisma)
Shapiro (")
Newsom (points for visibility, but maybe an all-Cali ticket a bit much for middle America)
Buttigieg (for maximum Firsts per ticket)
Mattis (an honorable man in any universe)
Cheney (Unity tickets don't often win, but LIzzie could swing some Lincoln Project folk and other defectors)
Booker (this guy is fucking serious about affordable housing and has terrific energy)
Beshear (so I can keep making a terrible pun, as witnessed here earlier)
Cali electors could not vote for both Harris and Newsom under the 12th Amendment. Besides, he has horrible taste in first wives.

Who most helps the ticket get elected? Of the ones you mention, i think Shapiro does the most. Kelly .akes some sense, though he has lite experience, perhaps less of an issue up against a DEI pick like Vance,, and his advantage is being a border hawk, if Harris wants to slide away from the Biden record.

And the Veep does need, generally, to support the policies of the President. Cheney would not do that, and Mattis... supposedly has no politics.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #42333 on: July 22, 2024, 08:48:27 AM »

Surely the Black community would be wanting integrity restored at the Southern border...and all the cheap labour immigrants prevented from entering.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42334 on: July 22, 2024, 09:07:24 AM »

Surely the Black community would be wanting integrity restored at the Southern border...and all the cheap labour immigrants prevented from entering.
Why, particularly, would blacks be concerned about an influx of cheap labor?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #42335 on: July 22, 2024, 09:44:25 AM »

Cooper NC guv.
Cooper's main asset is that he is 67. A lot of Dems were eying 2028 now have to potentially look to 2032 and would be happier with a Veep who would be an unlikely successor,.and would be less likely to take on Harris this year.. But it looks like all of the potential opponents are getting out of her way, so that is probably not a concern.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42336 on: July 22, 2024, 09:44:59 AM »

Joe Manchin would have been appealing to republicans, me included. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42337 on: July 22, 2024, 09:50:40 AM »

Cooper NC guv.
Cooper's main asset is that he is 67. A lot of Dems were eying 2028 now have to potentially look to 2032 and would be happier with a Veep who would be an unlikely successor,.and would be less likely to take on Harris this year.. But it looks like all of the potential opponents are getting out of her way, so that is probably not a concern.
Far be it for me to agree with Luee, but I like Cooper.  As an added bonus, he's leaving the Governorship (is that a word?) anyway.  Shapiro would have to step down as Governor and while a Democrat would likely replace him in PA it's not a sure thing.  That would go even more so for Beshear.

I also think Cooper is an excellent vote-getter, an old-fashioned term which I guess today means broad-based appeal. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 09:54:22 AM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42338 on: July 22, 2024, 09:52:55 AM »

https://www.newsweek.com/bidens-open-border-hurts-black-americans-most-all-we-know-it-opinion-1799670

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42339 on: July 22, 2024, 09:59:51 AM »

Does an opinion piece by one African-American Republican speak for the African-American "community"? 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #42340 on: July 22, 2024, 10:45:53 AM »

Does an opinion piece by one African-American Republican speak for the African-American "community"?
Why would it not?

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42341 on: July 22, 2024, 10:52:53 AM »

Cali electors could not vote for both Harris and Newsom under the 12th Amendment. Besides, he has horrible taste in first wives.

Who most helps the ticket get elected? Of the ones you mention, i think Shapiro does the most. Kelly makes some sense, though he has lite experience, perhaps less of an issue up against a DEI pick like Vance,, and his advantage is being a border hawk, if Harris wants to slide away from the Biden record.

Yank also reminded me of the 12th.  Technically, it would only force Cal delegates to name someone other than Newsom for their second vote, they could still vote for Harris.  Since Harris could still win, and since whoever Cal delegates wrote in would be way back in third,  Newsom would still have the veep slot.   No doubt you slick lawyers will point out some other problem that my gimmick does not solve, so I will cheerfully abandon Newsom.

Thinking about Kelly, who I oddly neglected in my shortlist, he seems pretty strong.  The only candidate who has demonstrated survival skills in a vacuum. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #42342 on: July 22, 2024, 10:53:25 AM »

Why would it not?

You are a fucking moron.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #42343 on: July 22, 2024, 10:56:22 AM »

Why would it not?
Okay. One person speaks for the community. Gotcha.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #42344 on: July 22, 2024, 11:06:31 AM »

At least we have one fairly normal candidate. Amazing to have the Trumpites make fun of her laugh. Big orange octo.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 2821 2822 [2823] 2824 2825 ... 2917