Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763873 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #705 on: January 31, 2021, 01:22:57 PM »

Trump has lost 3 major members of his impeachment legal team. But don't worry! The trial is still days away!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/30/trumps-impeachment-lawyer-leaves-team-464017

Anyone who gets close enough to give a cursory glance at the third party held discoverable material immediately walks the fuck away.

Tells you basically all you need to know.

He’s batshit crazy and guilty as hell.

I don't think its the discoverable material. I think it's the refusal to heed advice on the tack to take in approaching this event. They are unlikely to have been shown anything without an agreement in place.

His defense is the election was stolen. He's sticking with the big lie. These guys need to eat next week and they can't go into the Senate and blatantly lie... which is Trump's defense.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #708 on: January 31, 2021, 03:17:52 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 31, 2021, 03:29:57 PM »

Trump has lost 3 major members of his impeachment legal team. But don't worry! The trial is still days away!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/30/trumps-impeachment-lawyer-leaves-team-464017

Anyone who gets close enough to give a cursory glance at the third party held discoverable material immediately walks the fuck away.

Tells you basically all you need to know.

He’s batshit crazy and guilty as hell.

I don't think its the discoverable material. I think it's the refusal to heed advice on the tack to take in approaching this event. They are unlikely to have been shown anything without an agreement in place.

His defense is the election was stolen. He's sticking with the big lie. These guys need to eat next week and they can't go into the Senate and blatantly lie... which is Trump's defense.

Maybe he believes it to be true, given that there were  missng ballots and ballot papers shown on my tv where people had voted multiple times.
bloomberg.com
5 Nov 2020
"The US Postal Service on Thursday told a judge that a review of processing data revealed roughly 4250 mail-in in Pennsylvania and North Carolina may have gone missing."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #710 on: January 31, 2021, 03:59:43 PM »

bambu

What Trump believes doesn't matter. What matters is the fact he lost the election.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 31, 2021, 04:35:20 PM »

And has moved on.

But is being dragged back
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 31, 2021, 04:38:00 PM »

bambu

What Trump believes doesn't matter. What matters is the fact he lost the election.

His impeachment trial is going ahead, which is purely political now.
At his trial he should just state what he believes.
Any Republican senators who vote to convict him are in for a rough time getting re elected, seems to me.
If I were him I'd be stating that is a valid opinion to hold, given Nancy's basically the same "We was robbed"words, which I would read out.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:45:21 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 31, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »

bambu

His impeachment trial is going ahead, which is purely political now.
At his trial he should just state what he believes.
Any Republican senators who vote to convict him are in for a rough time getting re elected, seems to me.
If I were him I'd be stating that is a valid opinion to hold, given Nancy's basically the same "We was robbed"words, which I would read out.
No matter how idiotic his "belief" might be (it's so idiotic that I don't actually believe he believes  it), it's not his "belief" that is the reason for the impeachment trial. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #714 on: January 31, 2021, 05:22:37 PM »

And has moved on.

He never moved on and he tried to overthrow our Republic.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 31, 2021, 05:28:50 PM »

And has moved on.

No, he hasn't moved on.

And he could just plead guilty to the charge and then they wouldn't have to have a trial.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 31, 2021, 05:38:21 PM »

Well, one of you three has it right
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 31, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »

in a DT article today;

Indigenous elder wants woke city mobs to “come and see what it is really like”

Elders in rural Aboriginal communities say city-based groups who want the date of Australia Day changed have no idea what life is really like for them.

Brett wrote a comment;

the whole point of the left woke agenda is to divide and conquer, pit race against race, use any means to cause division, this is why they get so angry and volatile. it's the agenda of the radical left, and it's working. one only has to look at the U.S. where despite unemployment at 25 year lows for all minority groups, energy independence, low inflation... the list goes on... Trump was demonised out of office and branded a "white supremacist" by the radical left democrats. It was those minority groups that turned out in droves to vote for him while young, woke whites marched in the streets. Divide and conquer and many other tactics straight out of the CCP handbook. Fast becoming a reality here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:44:55 PM by bambu. »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 31, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »

The impeachment trial is probably a bad idea at this point.  Republicans have signaled they are only here to obstruct.  Treat them that way by using reconciliation as much as possible. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #719 on: January 31, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »

Central to White House anti-science promotion efforts were attempts by key officials to downplay the severity of COVID-19 and its long-haul consequences, inflate the curative properties of certain medicines such as hydroxychloroquine, falsely attribute COVID-19 deaths to comorbidities in order to artificially reduce actual disease mortality rates, and make scientifically unsubstantiated claims about herd immunity (or its links to the Great Barrington Declaration, which argued without evidence that restrictions cause more harm than the virus). There were also efforts to discredit the effectiveness of face masks to prevent COVID-19 or to refuse implementing mask mandates, invoking at times new political terms or slogans that gained popularity in recent years such as “health freedom” or “medical freedom” [4]. This is exemplified by a recent October 22 tweet from the Republican Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota [5]:

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.3001068

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 2929