Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763032 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1005 on: February 04, 2021, 10:38:38 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 04, 2021, 10:48:29 PM »

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:51:17 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1008 on: February 05, 2021, 12:39:04 AM »

Lyndon Johnson

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 05, 2021, 01:38:05 AM »

https://youtu.be/F5bItzYCqNE?t=166

Doesn't apologize.  Blames the internet.

"But you see, here's the problem, throughout 2018 ... because I was upset about things and  didn't trust the government really ...because the people here weren't doing the things that I thought they should be doing for us. And I want you to know that a lot of Americans don't trust our government and that's sad. The problem with that is though is I was allowed to believe things that weren't true.  And I would ask questions about them and talk about them and that is absolutely what I regret.  Because if it weren't for the FaceBook posts and comments that I liked in 2018 I wouldn't be standing here today and you couldn't point a finger and accuse me of anything wrong."

« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 01:45:24 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 05, 2021, 01:59:24 AM »

"But you see, here's the problem, throughout 2018 ... because I was upset about things and  didn't trust the government really ...because the people here weren't doing the things that I thought they should be doing for us. And I want you to know that a lot of Americans don't trust our government and that's sad. The problem with that is though is I was allowed to believe things that weren't true.  And I would ask questions about them and talk about them and that is absolutely what I regret.  Because if it weren't for the FaceBook posts and comments that I liked in 2018 I wouldn't be standing here today and you couldn't point a finger and accuse me of anything wrong."

"I was allowed to believe things that weren't true."

Such a passive line. With no declaration of what those things are.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 05, 2021, 02:08:42 AM »

Such a passive line. With no declaration of what those things are.

If you watch the full clip she mentioned 9/11 and school shootings.  No mention of Lasers.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 05, 2021, 02:31:08 AM »

The former president’s own behavior is not helping to polish his image. In their response to the House impeachment brief, Trump’s lawyers made the mistake of focusing not on whether the Senate can try a former president but on what Trump did and did not do. That, of course, makes Trump a witness, and today Jamie Raskin (D-MD), the lead impeachment manager, asked him to testify.

Trumps’ lawyers promptly refused but, evidently anticipating his refusal, Raskin had noted in the invitation that “If you decline this invitation, we reserve any and all rights, including the right to establish at trial that your refusal to testify supports a strong adverse inference regarding your actions (and inaction) on January 6, 2021.” In other words: “Despite his lawyers’ rhetoric, any official accused of inciting armed violence against the government of the United States should welcome the chance to testify openly and honestly—that is, if the official had a defense."

The lack of defense seems to be mounting. This morning, Jason Stanley of Just Security called attention to the film shown at the January 6 rally just after Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani spoke. Stanley explained how it was an explicitly fascist film, designed to show the former president as a strong fascist leader promising to protect Americans against those who are undermining the country: the Jews. Stanley also pointed out that, according to the New York Times, the rally was “a White House production” and that Trump was deeply involved with the details.

Excerpted from Heather Cox Richardson's post today.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 05, 2021, 03:02:02 AM »

She mentions that 9-11 happened.

But she never claimed that it didn't happen. She suggested that it might have been a US government inside job.

She discusses her awareness that school shootings happen... but again, her claim had been that some mass shootings were staged for/by control folks.

Nor is it all "in 2018" that these things happened. And space lasers are only one of the items undiscussed. This outrage about having past words used against her would be far better had she apologized to those she slurred long before the question of her losing committee seats had come up.

This looks and sounds self-serving, even if it is not, because of the circumstances.

Her 2019 self-created video in which she harassed David Hogg and then claimed he was funded by Soros, suggests nobody allowed her to believe wrong things.

Has she truly sworn off QAnon? I have no idea.

But there is no evidence, in listening to her, that she has given up bigotry.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 05, 2021, 03:28:25 AM »

Media today:

"World's largest solar battery to be built in NSW Australia."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 05, 2021, 03:57:12 AM »

She was a Victim!

I like that the House GOP leadership offered to take away her two committee assignments and give her one on the Small Biz Committee, and the Dems held their ground and said she's not welcome on any committee.

Not sure who was behind that, but I think Pelosi showed that she's tough and shrewd throughout the Trump Error.

OZ should transform its interior into a giant solar panel and electricity-storage for much of Asia.  Let Aussies live a good life while helping overpopulated Asian countries have a power source.  Plug In To Oz -- there I just provided you upside-down folks with a headstart ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 05, 2021, 05:41:48 AM »

Our Californian middle Senator got her flex on tonight. The dingus left the Senates and now gets to commit with the House version to form a document both chambers can vote on.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 05, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »

In his first two weeks in office, President Biden has signed nearly as many executive orders as Franklin Roosevelt signed in his entire first month. And President Roosevelt holds the record.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/03/963380189/with-28-executive-orders-signed-president-biden-is-off-to-a-record-start

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 05, 2021, 08:39:37 AM »

In his first two weeks in office, President Biden has signed nearly as many executive orders as Franklin Roosevelt signed in his entire first month. And President Roosevelt holds the record.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/03/963380189/with-28-executive-orders-signed-president-biden-is-off-to-a-record-start

Well, luee, a lot more Americans are dying each day, now, than then. Would you rather wait for Congress to act?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 2929