Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762400 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1141 on: February 07, 2021, 12:06:34 AM »

As soon as schools are made safe people will be going back to school. Once we start rolling out the emergency school funds, that process will ramp up. Until then students will be classless as any trump.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 07, 2021, 12:15:10 AM »

Right wing media need to get their facts straight..and hit the Left with facts...of which there are plenty to make the 'bat' out of.
Hit the public with facts.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 07, 2021, 12:20:30 AM »

I would like to thank Donald J. Trump for not rebuilding this wall.

Who built the Berlin Wall?

The Berlin Wall was built by the German Democratic Republic during the Cold War to prevent its population from escaping Soviet-controlled East Berlin to West Berlin, which was controlled by the major Western Allies. It divided the city of Berlin into two physically and ideologically contrasting zones.

#####

Trump's wall was totally different, and for a totally different purpose.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 07, 2021, 12:34:03 AM »

Speaking of walls;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/08/28/map-the-walls-europe-is-building-to-keep-people-out/

Map: Europe is building more fences to keep people out

After the Berlin Wall fell in 1989, for a while it seemed like border fences and barriers were a thing of the past in Europe. Many on the continent hoped for a new era of integration and receptivity. It didn't happen. Instead, various pressures have led Europe to adopt wall-building projects that would make Donald Trump proud.

The walls going up in Europe aren't all about migrants and refugees. In Ukraine, an enormous, $250 million plan to seal the 1,200-mile-long border with Russia is born of fear of Moscow's destabilizing influence. Estonia has also pledged to build a fence along almost 70 miles of its border with Russia.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 12:36:25 AM by bambu. »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 07, 2021, 12:38:25 AM »

Give me a blank map and I can fill in every country and nearly a dozen disputed territories with no problem.
Except I might slip up on a few of the island nations down there near South America.

After I put a geography quiz app on my phone, perfect for longer bathroom breaks,  I can identify all of the Oceania countries
east of Australia.  I've started doing nation capital and flag quizzes.  Getting pretty good at those. 

I find other lands and cultures pretty interesting and have done a lot of world travelling.
If it weren't for COVID I would be just one or at most two trips away from having visited every European country.
Just Kazakhstan, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus and Andorra to go.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 07, 2021, 01:33:18 AM »

I would like to thank Donald J. Trump for not rebuilding this wall.

Who built the Berlin Wall?

The Berlin Wall was built by the German Democratic Republic during the Cold War to prevent its population from escaping Soviet-controlled East Berlin to West Berlin, which was controlled by the major Western Allies. It divided the city of Berlin into two physically and ideologically contrasting zones.

#####

Trump's wall was totally different, and for a totally different purpose.

The purpose of trump’s wall was to bilk rubes, which it did, epically.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 07, 2021, 02:26:25 AM »

Well, the situation is that Israel has secured enough vaccine/vac commitments for its population.  And more, since they pre-ordered not knowing which vaccines would work or when they would be ready. 

I doubt Jordan is in such a position.  Most likely they are left scrambling for Russian or Chinese vaccine.  [Edit: Jordan has 1M doses of Pfizer's vac; 2M more on order via the WHO program; and a lot of China's Sinovac coming in]  Jordan is vaccinating anyone in the country for free, including nearly 1M Palestinian refugees there.
Jordan also has perhaps 1M Syrian refugees.  Jordan has the highest % of refugees -- 7M Jordanian citizens and 2.5M Syrians and Palestinians.  Basically Jordan is already doing more than its share of assisting stateless people.

Things were looking up slightly for Gaza when Mubarek was overthrown and the Muslim Brotherhood won elections.  Shortlived, as the elected gov't was soon overthrown in a military coup bringing back the exact same corrupt, anti-democratic, anti-Palestinian forces in Egypt.  They've had trouble controlling the Sinai, so have no interest in engaging with Gaza.

Egypt has 100M people, so it's going to take some time for them to get enough vaccine and distribute it.  If Palestinians look abroad for help, they have good UN connections (and are expecting 2M promised Pfizer doses from WHO), Qatar is rich and actually assists Palestine with funding; Turkey and Iran are allies, but have large populations to contend with.  Of course if Palestinians had their own country they'd be in a much better position to help themselves.  And the history of saying Jordan should deal with Palestinian needs is often tied to a denial of Palestinian land claims and/or a denial that Palestinians are a separate people.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 07, 2021, 03:58:42 AM »

Jordan was slow to start vaccinations, but their plan is pretty comprehensive and includes non-registered refugees, which is not how most countries are handling it.

Conversely, "Turkey Uighurs fear sellout to China in exchange for vaccine."

Egypt's ordered way too few vaccine doses for their population, but they have so few cases compared to many place that I can understand the decision.

Still, I don't need either country to be purchasing the vaccines. I think they could be instrumental in distribution of the vaccines, regardless of who buys them from whom.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 07, 2021, 07:44:39 AM »

Biden Moves To End Trump-Era Asylum Agreements With Central American Countries

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/06/964907437/biden-moves-to-end-trump-era-asylum-agreements-with-central-american-countries

One of the good from the Donald? Biden is now following the loony fringe in heading toward mass migration and away from helping countries improve themselves. Just what the US needs an influx of cheap labor to share social services, to exacerbate the homeless situation, and to take jobs away from unions.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1152 on: February 07, 2021, 08:45:14 AM »

When all is said and done the Post Master General must stand in 5he dock.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2021/business/usps-performance-whats-next-biden/

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #1153 on: February 07, 2021, 11:21:54 AM »

DeJoy should be in Mudville.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 07, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »

Good News in Iowa

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on Friday lifted coronavirus restrictions that had been in place in the state since before Thanksgiving.

The Republican’s latest health proclamation won’t require Iowans to wear masks while inside public buildings and removes limits on both indoor and outdoor gatherings.

"I strongly encourage that all businesses or other employers remaining open with in-person operations take reasonable measures under the circumstances of each establishment to ensure the health of employees, patrons and members of the public, including social distancing practices, increased hygiene practices and other public health measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19," the proclamation said, according to KCCI-TV in Des Moines.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 2929