Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764961 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3255 on: March 09, 2021, 05:06:52 PM »

Is there any reason for keeping the political/news fora alive other than personal attacks?

That seems to be reason enough for Hairy Lime.

But some of us actually post things worth reading.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: March 09, 2021, 05:12:01 PM »

The pattern continues. Larry says nothing.

https://news.yahoo.com/korean-beauty-store-owner-beaten-180954225.html

It's pretty clear who is going after Asians, in almost every incidence reported in the last few months. And they don't look like Trump supporters.

I responded to you before about this issue and I reminded you what happened to Vincent Chin and why back in 1984.

Same bullshit that's happening now.

Fear and loathing against Asian Americans stoked by the right.

China Virus
Kung Flu
Wuhan Flu

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/04/covid-racism-asian-americans-trump-provocations-column/6904348002/

Go jerk off over something else.

Deny, deny, deny.

It's what you do.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: March 09, 2021, 05:16:54 PM »

Joe's 2 German Shepherds have been removed from the White palace...something about a
" biting incident with an agent".

In YouTube videos that breed of dog attacks at the slightest perceived evil movement towards the/an object of its affection.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3258 on: March 09, 2021, 05:25:42 PM »

It's pretty clear who is going after Asians, in almost every incidence reported in the last few months. And they don't look like Trump supporters.

I responded to you before about this issue and I reminded you what happened to Vincent Chin and why back in 1984.

China Virus
Kung Flu
Wuhan Flu

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/04/covid-racism-asian-americans-trump-provocations-column/6904348002/

Deny, deny, deny.

It's what you do.

This is why I tell you to fuck off.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: March 09, 2021, 05:25:49 PM »

Is there any reason for keeping the political/news fora alive other than personal attacks?

That seems to be reason enough for Hairy Lime.

But some of us actually post things worth reading.
When do you plan to start?
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: March 09, 2021, 05:26:52 PM »

So what do you think of my LGBTQ inclusion proposal?

Lindsay
Graham
Believes in
Trump and
Q

I think you're an idiot for having posted it

The problem is we don't have a dedicated Lindsay Graham forum.

But I'm reasonably sure I'm at least 50% correct and with a decent chance at 100%

Did you hear that shit he was talking a couple of days ago? As long as Trump can win a few seats, and protects the Q-conspiracy nuts, good ole boy Lindsay seems indifferent if Trump blows up the GQP. Lindsay really doesn't want to have to work a real job.

In any case, thanks for the feedback.

None of the Republican top players embrace or defend Qanon.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: March 09, 2021, 05:28:28 PM »

He's getting ready to sign a $1.9T relief plan that even Larry can't bitch about.

Why would I bitch about it?

My June pipe dreams have come true beyond my wildest expectations...

Biden focused on the 2 real issues he had to, Covid-relief and economic relief. with a side of bacon. And most everybody likes bacon.

the goal was to get America healthy and working again back to schools, and happy going into the '22 elections.

I'm glad you're happy Larry.

so am I.

He's only 55 days in.

I'd temper my expecations for the next 55 days. A gas tank filled with $1.9T should be good for a few miles. IMO it will accomplish a lot, economically and politically.

IIRC, I posted last year covid-economy-infrastructure-jobs-fixing O-care voting rights, and some greening of america on the domestic side, and rebuilding-repairing our standing with our historic foreign allies would be ambitious, but realistic and popular programs for Biden to pursue, and to set himself and the party for '22. 

IMO those would be tough for the Repubs to run against. I still feel that way. I expect Biden to put the Repubs feet to the fire and vote on many of these and related issues. I expect Biden won't mind losing  (like the minny wage issue) on many for political posturing reasons going into  '22. IMO2 he'll be happy with putting the Repubs in a tight cramped box. To let them out would be a mistake. At some point ('22) they will face constituents asking them why they hate americans.

So far Biden has played it smart, I expect him to do continue to do so. 

YMMV

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: March 09, 2021, 05:34:21 PM »

Lindsay
Graham
Believes in
Trump and
Q

But I'm reasonably sure I'm at least 50% correct and with a decent chance at 100%

Did you hear that shit he was talking a couple of days ago? As long as Trump can win a few seats, and protects the Q-conspiracy nuts, good ole boy Lindsay seems indifferent if Trump blows up the GQP. Lindsay really doesn't want to have to work a real job.

None of the Republican top players embrace or defend Qanon.

I'm not sure that's at all true.

Trump is the top R-player and he was far too cute in his flirtations with Q.

Mitch has spoken out against Q and conspiracy nuts, but the equivocation and fear of alienating a big chunk of their base has kept a lot of R-voices all but silent on the issue of Q and insane conspiracies that many R-voters believe in.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: March 09, 2021, 05:35:33 PM »

In 2019, race was reported for 6,406 known hate crime offenders. Of these offenders:

52.5 percent were White.
23.9 percent were Black or African American.
6.6 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (group of multiple races).
1.1 percent were American Indian or Alaska Native.
0.9 percent (58 offenders) were Asian.
0.3 percent (22 offenders) were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
14.6 percent were unknown.

The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009, 18 U.S.C. §249, required the FBI to collect data concerning hate crimes committed by or directed against juveniles. Beginning in 2013, law enforcement began reporting the number of offenders who are 18 years of age or older and the number of offenders under the age of 18 in addition to reporting the number of individual offenders. Of the 5,599 individuals for which offender age data were reported in 2019, 4,734 hate crime offenders were adults, and 865 hate crime offenders were juveniles.

Source: https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2019/topic-pages/offenders

5.6 percent of Americans are Asian, yet they're less than 1% of the hate crime offenders .

76.3% of Americans are white, and 52.5% of the Hate Crime offenders are white---far too high a number, for sure, but a lot less than the population as a whole.

13.4% of all Americans are black, but the black offenders for hate crimes are showing nearly twice as high a percentage, at 23.9%. That's the hidden bigotry of America, as no one ever talks about it.

And when they do, they're considered bigots themselves---so there's that.

Facts are stubborn things. They are what they are.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: March 09, 2021, 05:36:26 PM »

China Virus
Kung Flu
Wuhan Flu

Deny, deny, deny.

It's what you do.

This is why you feel inferior to others.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: March 09, 2021, 06:03:55 PM »

How can all Americans in the 21st century be held financially responsible for the actions of a subset of Americans hundreds of years ago? The concept makes no sense from start to finish. The first slave ship arrived in Jamestown, Va., approximately 400 years ago. How does that make our white neighbors responsible for the reprehensible actions of greedy slavers centuries ago? Most Blacks today do not even know anyone who is even related to someone who was a slave.

An apology for slavery might help the country move on, but adding a price tag to that apology would be sheer folly. How could anyone ever calculate a cost for the long-term effects of slavery? What criteria would be used to figure damage, who would determine the criteria and how would the money be distributed?

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/540812-slavery-reparations-are-a-divisive-waste-of-time

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3266 on: March 09, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »

China Virus
Kung Flu
Wuhan Flu

Deny, deny, deny.

It's what you do.

This is why you feel inferior to others.

Inferior to who?

No øne in this joint.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 06:17:43 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3267 on: March 09, 2021, 06:25:59 PM »

How can all Americans in the 21st century be held financially responsible for the actions of a subset of Americans hundreds of years ago? The concept makes no sense from start to finish. The first slave ship arrived in Jamestown, Va., approximately 400 years ago. How does that make our white neighbors responsible for the reprehensible actions of greedy slavers centuries ago? Most Blacks today do not even know anyone who is even related to someone who was a slave.

An apology for slavery might help the country move on, but adding a price tag to that apology would be sheer folly. How could anyone ever calculate a cost for the long-term effects of slavery? What criteria would be used to figure damage, who would determine the criteria and how would the money be distributed?

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/540812-slavery-reparations-are-a-divisive-waste-of-time

Wilmington

Red Summer

Tulsa

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: March 09, 2021, 07:16:02 PM »

Lindsay
Graham
Believes in
Trump and
Q

If you want to option Lindsey’s script, look for him on the roof by the pigeon coop.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: March 09, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »

<i>The skin colour of Meghan Markle's mother, Meghan Markle's father, and Meghan Markle...has been a topic of conversation 'worldwide' since she first appeared on the 'royal' scene.</i>

People, "worldwide", don't have anything better to talk about?

They do...but it's the "First Black US President", and "First Black UK Royal baby",  thing.
Whilever there are "African-American", "Chinese-Australian, etc terms used...there will always be 'race' and 'skin colour discussions.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 2929