Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764556 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #3375 on: March 10, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »

"I voted against the whole bill but look what I got for you!"

https://twitter.com/SenatorWicker/status/1369745527886217218?s=20
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #3376 on: March 10, 2021, 08:25:12 PM »

Haha,  yeah that was pretty funny coming from the "the relief bill is poorly targeted"  wing.  Apparently a pinpoint strike on covid woes puts restaurants in the crosshairs -- forget schools,  children,  unemployed, airlines,  Amtrak,  mass transit, renters...

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3377 on: March 10, 2021, 08:26:03 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: March 10, 2021, 08:27:02 PM »

The GOP realizes people won’t vote for them anymore.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 10, 2021, 08:29:21 PM »

Let's consider, too, that educators like some have mentioned here, who are in it for the "3 months vacation" are generally unprofessional in their ambitions. Sure, they are employed, and they may do an "adequate job", but they are generally not striving to be a true professional...

I'm going to GYTBOTD and figure you misunderstood what I posted on my schoolteacher daughter.   I didn't say she's "in it" for the summers off.   She values that time,  but is also quite professional, respected as an excellent teacher,  and far beyond "adequate."  Some of her summer pursuits include paid gigs in the field that she teaches, and heighten her professionalism. 

Hope that's sufficient clarification.

Good luck to her. Thanks for the update. I'll sleep well tonight.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #3380 on: March 10, 2021, 08:32:36 PM »

Michael Beschloss a few moments ago on the tube - paraphrasing:

"Fifty years from now people will remember how Biden went big.

Hope he's correct...and that further initiatives on Green policy has all those 2070 folks grateful that they're alive thanks to what Biden et al started now.   

I'm  reading Bill McKibben's book,  "Falter, " which is a fairly mind-blowing look at the changes we're in for if we don't get off our collective asses on the environment. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: March 10, 2021, 08:40:23 PM »

Michael Beschloss a few moments ago on the tube - paraphrasing:

"Fifty years from now people will remember how Biden went big.

Hope he's correct...and that further initiatives on Green policy has all those 2070 folks grateful that they're alive thanks to what Biden et al started now.   

I'm  reading Bill McKibben's book,  "Falter, " which is a fairly mind-blowing look at the changes we're in for if we don't get off our collective asses on the environment.

Well, 50 years from now, Michael Beschloss and the rest of us will not bloody likely be here to give a shit.

But we are here 50 years after Lyndon Johnson went big. Not all of that worked out so well. Time will tell.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #3382 on: March 10, 2021, 08:43:49 PM »

Let's consider, too, that educators like some have mentioned here, who are in it for the "3 months vacation" are generally unprofessional in their ambitions. Sure, they are employed, and they may do an "adequate job", but they are generally not striving to be a true professional...

I'm going to GYTBOTD and figure you misunderstood what I posted on my schoolteacher daughter.   I didn't say she's "in it" for the summers off.   She values that time,  but is also quite professional, respected as an excellent teacher,  and far beyond "adequate."  Some of her summer pursuits include paid gigs in the field that she teaches, and heighten her professionalism. 

Do you actively enjoy being a small person?   

How about:  "Good luck to her.   And sorry to have lumped your daughter and OC's niece in with my insulting generalization. " 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3383 on: March 10, 2021, 09:24:59 PM »

The GOP realizes people won’t vote for them anymore.

Yahtzee!

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: March 10, 2021, 09:44:04 PM »

Do you actively enjoy being a small person?   

How about:  "Good luck to her.   And sorry to have lumped your daughter and OC's niece in with my insulting generalization. "

I see you can't handle the truth.

SSDD

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: March 10, 2021, 09:45:00 PM »

Twenty-three percent of COVID-19 nursing home deaths were in four states–New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Michigan–where Democratic governors forced nursing homes to admit residents who had tested positive for COVID-19, according to the most recent data published on March 4 by the COVID Tracking Project.

The Main Street Media and Josh shrugged.

"I always wanted to downplay it"

"It'll go away. like magic."

"Liberate Michigan!"

Oh, look.

Ward thinks I'm listening when he blathers.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: March 10, 2021, 09:45:06 PM »

Must see and Emmy worthy TV tonight - being shown again at midnight, Fox News

Tucker Carlson regarding the night George Floyd perished.

If you aren't interested that says an awful lot about your character, to not have such pertinent information ahead of such an important trial.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: March 10, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »

If you aren't interested that says an awful lot about your character, to not have such pertinent information ahead of such an important trial.

Nothing you have said gives us any indication that what he has to say is pertinent.

Indeed, the combination of "Tucker Carlson" and "kidcarter8" is almost guaranteed to mean that it will be close to worthless.

If you really wanted us to tune in, you would have given us something of substance to go on.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: March 10, 2021, 10:01:30 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #3389 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:07 PM »

I saw 8:46 of reality.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 2929