Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762930 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4080 on: March 20, 2021, 03:29:20 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/19/you-cant-escape-the-smell-mouse-plague-grows-to-biblical-proportions-across-eastern-australia

No mouse plague where I live.
It's over the Great Diving Range, rural.
All the rain you see, crops decimated.
Plenty of grain and food for the meeces.
Just another nail in the coffin for our farmers.
First China, then this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 03:40:51 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: March 20, 2021, 03:39:19 AM »

Joe needs to slow down.
Walk slowly, talk slowly, move slowly and deliberately ...and hold on to the railings.
Wearing leather shoes, he tried to run up the stairs like a 20 yr old....and slipped.
Had he been wearing golf shoes with spikes, and walked up the stairs to AF1, he would not have slipped/fallen.
He could've hurt himself badly if he had slid down the stairs and hit his head on the tarmac.
As it is he seemed to hurt his knee.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: March 20, 2021, 03:49:35 AM »

You need to take less oral laxatives. If you can’t lower your frequency at least lower your dosage.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: March 20, 2021, 04:04:12 AM »

You need to take less oral laxatives. If you can’t lower your frequency at least lower your dosage.

LOL
It's exactly what Joe needs to do.
I'm classed as elderly, same as Joe is.
You won't see me trying to run up any steps, wearing leather shoes or running shoes, let alone carpeted steps.
People are now making fun of him.
Joe is "king", people will just have to wait for him.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: March 20, 2021, 04:06:55 AM »

Joe makes sense.

He doesn’t talk shit or waste his life.

These are just three ways he is very different from you.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: March 20, 2021, 07:22:56 AM »

Joe makes sense.

He doesn’t talk shit or waste his life.

These are just three ways he is very different from you.

Only some things he does make sense.
Some of the stuff he talks isn't that great.
I did what I wanted to do with my life, within the boundaries applying...he did what he wanted to do with his.
Being a politician would make my life a misery...he loves it and wanted to be President.
We are indeed very different.

barton

« Reply #4087 on: March 20, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »

This wiki entry for Bambi's pinup girl is entertaining.  The sections Political Views, and Controversies, in particular.   Apparently  the Southern Strategy was a myth, Bill Gates is a vaccine criminal, and the NRA was originally a civil rights organization for blacks. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Owens

barton

« Reply #4088 on: March 20, 2021, 10:37:36 AM »

If Arizona wins the contest of retrograde anti-voting bills by the numbers, Georgia wins it by overt malice. The Republican-controlled House there has passed a bill, H.B. 531, making it a misdemeanor to hand out water and food to people waiting in line to vote. This bill might be inconsequential in the tonier neighborhoods of Atlanta, where there are plenty of polling places and the wait to vote is minimal. But Georgia has a history of closing polling locations in low-income areas; as a result, standing in line to vote for five, six, or even ten hours has become a regular occurrence. There is no reason to make it a crime to aid people waiting in those lines other than to discourage them from standing there in the first place.   

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-republican-war-on-voting

If you're a conservative,  and just read this,  go look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is really how you want to win.   Do you really agree with the Arizona State Representative John Kavanagh, who said that “everybody shouldn’t be voting." ?   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4089 on: March 20, 2021, 10:43:16 AM »

If Arizona wins the contest of retrograde anti-voting bills by the numbers, Georgia wins it by overt malice. The Republican-controlled House there has passed a bill, H.B. 531, making it a misdemeanor to hand out water and food to people waiting in line to vote. This bill might be inconsequential in the tonier neighborhoods of Atlanta, where there are plenty of polling places and the wait to vote is minimal. But Georgia has a history of closing polling locations in low-income areas; as a result, standing in line to vote for five, six, or even ten hours has become a regular occurrence. There is no reason to make it a crime to aid people waiting in those lines other than to discourage them from standing there in the first place.   

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-republican-war-on-voting

If you're a conservative,  and just read this,  go look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is really how you want to win.   Do you really agree with the Arizona State Representative John Kavanagh, who said that “everybody shouldn’t be voting." ?

Conservatives agree totally.

The insurrection on 1/6 demonstrates they think all votes aren’t equal.

The whole stop the steal bullshit is a backlash to black people voting in consequential numbers.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #4090 on: March 20, 2021, 11:10:40 AM »

I just want to hear one person give an honest answer to my post's closing question.   Yes or no,  do they agree with John Kavanagh that "everybody shouldn't be voting"?  A straight answer,  no evasions,  no tangents,  just tell me why they think Kavanagh is correct.  Closing polling stations in low income areas,  banning food or water handed to people in long lines,  etc.  -- tell me what justifies deterrence of voting.   Just be honest.   Just this once,  tell me what goal is served in a democracy by this kind of stuff?   And if it doesn't advance a democratic society,  again just be honest, I will listen,  and tell me what alternative system do you think would be better?   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: March 20, 2021, 12:43:25 PM »

I just want to hear one person give an honest answer to my post's closing question.   Yes or no,  do they agree with John Kavanagh that "everybody shouldn't be voting"?  A straight answer,  no evasions,  no tangents,  just tell me why they think Kavanagh is correct.  Closing polling stations in low income areas,  banning food or water handed to people in long lines,  etc.  -- tell me what justifies deterrence of voting.   Just be honest.   Just this once,  tell me what goal is served in a democracy by this kind of stuff?   And if it doesn't advance a democratic society,  again just be honest, I will listen,  and tell me what alternative system do you think would be better?
Your question has already been answered. “ Everybody” IS NOT voting, never have and never will.
This is a fact despite the changes in early in-person voting that have made it easier for millions to vote outside of just one day a year.
As for two examples cited in the article;
25 states already invalidate ballots cast at the wrong precinct.
21 others provide a partial count while ONLY 4 states allow it.
Whose responsibility is it to know where to vote?
As for passing out food and water in voting lines that is an obvious extension of restricted campaigning outside of voting booths. It’s not the responsibility of the local election board to keep you hydrated while you are waiting to vote. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4092 on: March 20, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »

Your question has already been answered. “ Everybody” IS NOT voting, never have and never will.
This is a fact despite the changes in early in-person voting that have made it easier for millions to vote outside of just one day a year.
As for two examples cited in the article;
25 states already invalidate ballots cast at the wrong precinct.
21 others provide a partial count while ONLY 4 states allow it.
Whose responsibility is it to know where to vote?
As for passing out food and water in voting lines that is an obvious extension of restricted campaigning outside of voting booths. It’s not the responsibility of the local election board to keep you hydrated while you are waiting to vote.

Did Joe Biden win in a fair election?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: March 20, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »

No.

Welcome to the truth.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: March 20, 2021, 02:11:48 PM »

I don't have a problem with water in voting lines.  Even energy bars would be ok

Pizzas?  Getting a little nuts, yes.

And VISA cards?  Try to defend that one.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 2929