Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762754 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #4095 on: March 20, 2021, 02:13:36 PM »

The YMCA Needs to Have Handball

Here is an idea for the YMCA; they need to have handball courts. Our local park tore out the handball courts because gang members were hanging out at the handball courts, and the police were afraid of drive-by shootings happening, and we had a few murders at the park, so the handball courts were removed, and now there is playground equipment for the children and the parks are for children with families now. And other parks all over Orange County are doing the same thing, they are all tearing out the handball courts. So the guys need a safe place to play handball, and the YMCA would be the perfect place for the young people to play handball and they can learn how to stay out of trouble, and they can get involved with the YMCA, etc.

When I was a teen the YMCA in Lancaster had racket ball. It would be great if the YMCA could have handball for the youth, and it will give them a chance to teach good things to the youth, the YMCA is a healthy environment for young people.

I will send some emails to the YMCA, and maybe you can all pass the idea of handball courts on to your friends at the YMCA.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: March 20, 2021, 02:15:27 PM »

As for whoever Kavanagh is and his quest that not all should vote....

I agree.

I think felons should have to go through a process after doing their time.

And I don't think the new 18 year olds should have been able to vote in January's runoff since they were 17 on election day
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: March 20, 2021, 02:20:59 PM »

I just want to hear one person give an honest answer to my post's closing question.   Yes or no,  do they agree with John Kavanagh that "everybody shouldn't be voting"?  A straight answer,  no evasions,  no tangents,  just tell me why they think Kavanagh is correct.  Closing polling stations in low income areas,  banning food or water handed to people in long lines,  etc.  -- tell me what justifies deterrence of voting.   Just be honest.   Just this once,  tell me what goal is served in a democracy by this kind of stuff?   And if it doesn't advance a democratic society,  again just be honest, I will listen,  and tell me what alternative system do you think would be better?

No one who supported any republican in the last four cycles should be permitted to vote or drive or own property. They are either traitors, morons, or both.

Though these virulent dimwits should be vigorously and effectively suppressed in every facet of life, I don’t think it would be constitutional or a good idea to strip their vote despite their unrepentant criminal deviance and and marked hatred for America.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4099 on: March 20, 2021, 02:40:26 PM »

No.

Welcome to the truth.

Greetings from Earth Prime...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: March 20, 2021, 02:52:06 PM »

I just want to hear one person give an honest answer to my post's closing question.   Yes or no,  do they agree with John Kavanagh that "everybody shouldn't be voting"?  A straight answer,  no evasions,  no tangents,  just tell me why they think Kavanagh is correct.  Closing polling stations in low income areas,  banning food or water handed to people in long lines,  etc.  -- tell me what justifies deterrence of voting.   Just be honest.   Just this once,  tell me what goal is served in a democracy by this kind of stuff?   And if it doesn't advance a democratic society,  again just be honest, I will listen,  and tell me what alternative system do you think would be better?

I don't have a problem with water in voting lines.  Even energy bars would be ok

Then bring your own.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4101 on: March 20, 2021, 02:56:00 PM »

I don't have a problem with water in voting lines.  Even energy bars would be ok

Then bring your own.

Stop creating long lines at the polls. Voting shouldn't be hard.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4102 on: March 20, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »

This impulse to exclude racism also stems from the wholly white belief that people are either all racist all the time or “don’t have a racist bone in their body.” Racism is more nuanced than that. It’s entirely possible for people to be motivated by racial animus and a bunch of other factors as well. Here, it clearly seems that Long was motivated not only by racism against Asians but also a toxic hate for women—and that the two forces were so closely fused they can’t be disentangled. There is, for instance, enough scholarship on the long and nasty history of the exoticization of Asian women to know that it’s simply foolish and ignorant to discount the racialized aspects of this crime. If Long were purely motivated by a desire to “eliminate” “temptation,” a random sampling of sex work in Atlanta would not result in six Asian women dead. That Long was targeting Asian women is evidenced by the body count.

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/atlanta-massacre-hate/

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: March 20, 2021, 03:02:43 PM »

Then bring your own.

I prefer not being cruel to the feeblest while they wait in a line unintendedly to voice their patriotic opinion.

I dont see water as an ENTICEMENT to be on the line - where pizza might be borderline in that regard.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: March 20, 2021, 03:07:33 PM »

Then bring your own.

Creating?

Not sure I get you.

Where you can vote early the ones waiting in line have done it to themselves.

Should poll workers move more quickly?  Be more organized?

heh - don't get me in trouble.

Should there be more polling sites?  Sure.  More $$, more folks willing to work them.  I'm game for that.

I guess the tact you take is that "we" get sites closed so that the lines are longer.

I dont think you look at that from a totally proper lens.  Are there other possible reasons for the decrease, for a closure, a conjoining of sites?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #4105 on: March 20, 2021, 03:43:32 PM »

Then bring your own.

Creating?

Not sure I get you.

Where you can vote early the ones waiting in line have done it to themselves.

Should poll workers move more quickly?  Be more organized?

heh - don't get me in trouble.

Should there be more polling sites?  Sure.  More $$, more folks willing to work them.  I'm game for that.

I guess the tact you take is that "we" get sites closed so that the lines are longer.

I dont think you look at that from a totally proper lens.  Are there other possible reasons for the decrease, for a closure, a conjoining of sites?

Willful ignorance is a sign of Republicanism.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: March 20, 2021, 03:55:26 PM »

Bambu, your posts have the same essence as a prolonged and wet fart on a packed train car, though they manage to provide less useful information to those unfortunate enough to be aware of them.

Yours also have a common theme.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #4107 on: March 20, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »

Aren't there already laws against campaigning at polling station queues?   Which is why people handing out beverages are just providing physical support to those enduring extreme lines.   What possible reason could there be to make another law against campaigning when that's already on the books?  And so peculiar in its specificity?   And why are the long lines in minority precincts -- why are people breezing through out in suburbia and other predom white districts?   

Finally,  and again I'd appreciate people reading my posted article before replying (it's real obvious when you skip it),  who on earth says to themself "wow,  that dude just gave me a bottle of water,  wow,  I'm changing political parties right here,  right now! " 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: March 20, 2021, 04:10:02 PM »

I'm quite happy to sell my used socks to internet fetishers like the 'Blonde Bomber' Ebanie Bridges female boxer with tattoos does.
I probably wouldn't attract the same sales and income level as she does though.
Last year it was massive fires, now it's massive floods over my east coast.
The victims always seem to be 'battlers', living in homes that should never have been built where they were, flood plains...cheap land, cheap homes, only housing affordable for them.
The river where towns were built in the "olden days" for the water.
Much like in parts of America.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: March 20, 2021, 05:13:27 PM »

Willful ignorance is a sign of Republicanism.

Fortunately republicanism is a disease that will be conquered like Polio once we can all legally mail in and drop off our ballots all across the country without ID, witness, or excuse. A boring centrist government can get this done well before next cycle. 
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 2929