Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 2930

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 765638 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #5746 on: April 21, 2021, 02:02:21 PM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm.

Wait. What? No...didn't you read? She's an innocent and good girl. Kind to everyone. Loving family. Which is why she was in a foster home and why she carries a knife.
Bitch got what was coming to her, 'm I right?

Here we go again.
Indeed.

Yeah, cause all the good girls carry knives and brawl in the street.

Just as George Floyd became Jesus. Funny thing about Jesus. He didn't resist arrest, though he was arrested. He was not an addict, nor did he have a criminal history of violence and resisting arrest. His supporters didn't riot in the streets of Jerusalem. They also didn't get 27 million shekels from the Jerusalem city council. He suffered and died, but truly for others, and was aware that was what he was doing at the time. That status wasn't created for him.

So, let's not turn this 15-year old into Joan of Arc, okay?
George Floyd AND that Bitch deserved to die, 'm I right?

That's your take, not mine, as it is something I've never said.
No one said Floyd was Jesus or Maria Bryant was Joan of Arc either. But you use that to dehumanize them and downplay their deaths nevertheless. And like everyone else here I understand the nature of your dog whistles.

No. You don't. You just play games.

GFY
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: April 21, 2021, 02:03:58 PM »

As the verdict was was being announced in Minneapolis, this happened in Columbus OH

https://www.thedailybeast.com/columbus-police-fatally-shoot-a-person-as-derek-chauvin-guilty-verdict-comes-down?source=articles&via=rss

If,  as reported, the victim was lunging at another girl with a knife, then this case may turn out to be quite different in terms of use of deadly force.   I suspect it will hinge on what other deescalation options were tried.   I will say I'd hate to be an officer having to make a split second judgment call on a teenager lunging with a knife.   And few are marksmen who can take out an arm.

Wait. What? No...didn't you read? She's an innocent and good girl. Kind to everyone. Loving family. Which is why she was in a foster home and why she carries a knife.

Here we go again.
Indeed.

Just as George Floyd became Jesus. Funny thing about Jesus. He didn't resist arrest, though he was arrested. He was not an addict, nor did he have a criminal history of violence and resisting arrest. His supporters didn't riot in the streets of Jerusalem. They also didn't get 27 million shekels from the Jerusalem city council. He suffered and died, but truly for others, and was aware that was what he was doing at the time. That status wasn't created for him.

You are a sick hateful racist...

Default setting reached. Can't accommodate reality? Label someone a racist.

It's what you do.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: April 21, 2021, 02:06:35 PM »

So what will be the name of this "state", should it become one, as the White House says it should?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/SAP-H.R.-51.pdf?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210421&instance_id=29493&nl=the-morning&regi_id=84875864&segment_id=56000&te=1&user_id=6032d68d2130dcaf32e69581a0c019c3

And seriously, what everyone knows is only a city would get two Senators to serve 6 year terms and a House of Rep? Is that because the Dems want those extra votes for their Congress, and think they can count of DC to deliver for years to come? It certainly seems an outsized reward for bringing very little to the table. I mean what does DC actually contribute to the USA, if given statehood?

What would be the capital city of DC?

But what about Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Northern Marianas?

Want to add 10 more Senators in Congress, and at least 10 more in the House?

Think that will help the USA? 56 stars on the flag has other implications, too.

Perhaps the solution lies in granting them partial representation in Congress, without granting full statehood.

Give DC back to Maryland and VA. Whichever side of the Potomac you are on, that then becomes a congressional district for those 2 states and you can vote for governor and Senate in those respective states, and you can have a member of the House. Granting Senators to DC is too much, IMO.

Your opinion isn’t worth a pound of horse shit because at least manure makes good fertilizer.

Alternative setting. Have no counterargument? Label an entire opinion as worthless, because you don't share it.

Larry dodges real conversation. Anything that conflicts with his world view is verboten. Achtung, motherfucker.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: April 21, 2021, 02:12:36 PM »

Here we go again.
Indeed.

It's what you do.

Money changers in the temple, driven out with physical violence. You are wrong again as usual, decrepit racist hack.

Since you won’t be a better person, at least try to find better metaphors.

Your posts today have no point except to demonstrate what a piece of shit you are.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: April 21, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »

---All homeless people living on Los Angeles' Skid Row must be offered housing by October 18, a federal judge ordered Tuesday.---

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/us/los-angeles-skid-row-housing-order/index.html

I applaud. Before you start opening borders to anchor babies, make certain American citizens who want it have a roof over their heads and a chicken in the pot. Now were finally getting someplace as a society.

Fuck your chicken killing society.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: April 21, 2021, 02:31:10 PM »

Here we go again.
Indeed.

It's what you do.

Money changers in the temple, driven out with physical violence. You are wrong again as usual, decrepit racist hack.

Since you won’t be a better person, at least try to find better metaphors.

Your posts today have no point except to demonstrate what a piece of shit you are.

LOL!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: April 21, 2021, 02:33:53 PM »

The video clearly shows how this officer protected another teen from being injured or killed.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEDd1GtuEEmt-U2556ffJ34gqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowsIv_CjCag_gCMN-15QU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: April 21, 2021, 02:37:38 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/21/murkowski-vanita-gupta-doj-484040

America is getting incrementally greater day by day.

It will get greater still once there are fewer republicans in government gumming up the works with stupidity and racist bile.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: April 21, 2021, 02:44:21 PM »

"The video shows the teen wielding a knife as she rushes toward another girl.
An officer yells "get down"! " get down"! then fires four shots as the girl swings at another with the knife."

#####

Just a kid, but a knife wielding kid 'about to kill' someone with a knife.
In the real world, not fantasy world, what on earth else was the cop supposed to do?

Well he could've just observed, spoken to the girl, asked her nicely to drop the knife, hoping for the best.
And if the girl had stabbed someone in the neck and killed them?
Yes, exactly...family of the dead person could be screaming "the cops caused our child's death, they should've done something."

Who'd be a cop?

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: April 21, 2021, 02:51:57 PM »

Who'd be a cop?

Cops make a ton of money and get to retire in their early 40s.

What did your breakfast radio host say today about all that violence he expected in the wake of the verdict?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #5757 on: April 21, 2021, 03:05:00 PM »

No one said Floyd was Jesus or Maria Bryant was Joan of Arc either. But you use that to dehumanize them and downplay their deaths nevertheless. And like everyone else here I understand the nature of your dog whistles.

I am shocked, SHOCKED,  to discover my early morning post became the nucleus of a long trolling session.   

I am reminded of a news story a couple years back wherein a young white coed walked around a college campus waving some sort of sword (samurai,  perhaps) and absolutely nothing happened to her.  

barton

« Reply #5758 on: April 21, 2021, 03:11:55 PM »

Larry dodges real conversation. Anything that conflicts with his world view is verboten. Achtung, motherfucker.

You seem to bring a particular worldview to the knife-wielder case in question.   I didn't get anything in your many posts that suggested you wondered for even a minute if the shooter had alternatives.  Maybe Makhia was about to kill someone,  but I wouldn't mind some factfinding and context before I assume this was a legit use of force.  (full disclosure -- have not seen video,  will do so asap)

ETA -- the video released has had the shooting itself edited out,  because the local affiliate judged it too graphic to show on tv.   You hear shots,  but it's blacked out.

ETA (later)  --.found an unedited slomo version of the bodycam footage.   Yes,  sadly,  it looks like she was attacking with a knife and was mid-swing in the process of plunging it into the pink-clad girl who was shoved up against a car.   It does appear the knife would have gone in, without an immediate use of force.   It's horrific to watch.   And speaks to a fairly high level of rage... it's incredible,  there's a cop right there,  and she keeps right on, shifting her attack from one girl to the other.   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:49:56 PM by barton »

barton

« Reply #5759 on: April 21, 2021, 03:12:31 PM »

---All homeless people living on Los Angeles' Skid Row must be offered housing by October 18, a federal judge ordered Tuesday.---

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/us/los-angeles-skid-row-housing-order/index.html

I applaud. Before you start opening borders to anchor babies, make certain American citizens who want it have a roof over their heads and a chicken in the pot. Now were finally getting someplace as a society.

Fuck your chicken killing society.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 2930