Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 763652 times)

Oi!

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #6555 on: May 05, 2021, 09:57:25 AM »

Mascagni’s  Intermezzo is alone worth countless reruns of Raging Bull.

Then Pandora is the website for you.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: May 05, 2021, 10:01:52 AM »

As does The Aviator,  The Wolf of Wall Street, After Hours,  The Last Temptation of Christ,  The Age of Innocence,  Kundun,   Silence,  Cape Fear and The King of Comedy, to name a few more where it's difficult to spot the Italians killing each other for money.   Not that I'm a big fan or anything.   Cough.
Well, technically....

Ha!   Though technically being a subject of Rome in Judaea does not make you Italian.  But I laughed anyway. 

It's funny that R Bull and TD are,  though iconic,  about my least favorite Scorsese pics,  which is why I tend not to list them.  It's funny how a movie can be important,  and yet there is no desire to see it again.
I think there are great movies that are just too raw or painful to rewatch. RB and TD are two. So, recently, is MbtS.

MbtS,  with Casey Affleck's suffering,  is off the charts raw/painful.  Makes Scorsese seem like snuggling with fluffy bunnies by contrast. 
Im on the pavement

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: May 05, 2021, 10:12:15 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/03/politics/pennsylvania-probation-illegal-ballot-trump-2020/index.html

5 years probation plus 4 years without voting.

This is America

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/texas-woman-sentenced-five-years-trying-vote-gets-new-appeal-n1262691

So the one fraudulent vote that gets through is for Trump.  And gets probation.

And the one vote that's provisional, and is never counted because recognized as invalid,  is the one that gets a prison sentence.   

Hmm.   America.
Im on the pavement

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: May 05, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »

As does The Aviator,  The Wolf of Wall Street, After Hours,  The Last Temptation of Christ,  The Age of Innocence,  Kundun,   Silence,  Cape Fear and The King of Comedy, to name a few more where it's difficult to spot the Italians killing each other for money.   Not that I'm a big fan or anything.   Cough.
Well, technically....

Ha!   Though technically being a subject of Rome in Judaea does not make you Italian.  But I laughed anyway. 

It's funny that R Bull and TD are,  though iconic,  about my least favorite Scorsese pics,  which is why I tend not to list them.  It's funny how a movie can be important,  and yet there is no desire to see it again.
I think there are great movies that are just too raw or painful to rewatch. RB and TD are two. So, recently, is MbtS.

MbtS,  with Casey Affleck's suffering,  is off the charts raw/painful.  Makes Scorsese seem like snuggling with fluffy bunnies by contrast.
MbtS makes Lonergan's YCCoM seem like a laugh a minute yuckfest.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6559 on: May 05, 2021, 11:41:36 AM »

This must have been a very uncomfortable class

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/01/nyregion/zoom-teacher-racist.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: May 05, 2021, 01:45:42 PM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2021/05/05/in-request-for-special-master-the-lev-parnas-prosecutors-hint-at-prior-taint-team-searches-on-rudy/

It would be a shame if Rudy were involved with promoting the big lie or whipping up the insurrection. Anyone who had business with him on those fronts should probably find a Fed and start spilling what they know about the whole seditious conspiracy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: May 05, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »

The Ukrainians are starting to get very public and forthcoming about the trump-Putin Axis of Evil.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: May 05, 2021, 05:28:16 PM »

News Item ( Man Bites Dog Department)

By The Associated Press
HELENA, Mont. — Montana is ending its participation in the federal unemployment program that gives people extra weekly unemployment benefit payments as the state struggles with a worker shortage, Republican Gov. Greg Gianforte announced Tuesday.

Beginning June 27, unemployed workers in the state will no longer receive $300 in weekly extra benefits funded by the federal government through Sept. 6.

For those who return to work and keep their job for 4 weeks Montana will pay them a bonus of $1200. The governor approved $15 million in funding for the incentives from federal coronavirus relief money allocated to the state in March.

Montana has 10-14,000 few workers than it did pre-pandemic so this move underscores that Congress did far more harm than good with its bonus jobless benefit, and it could help the job market recover faster by repealing it.  A conclusion of most economists months ago.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: May 05, 2021, 05:29:37 PM »

Common sense in Montana
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6567 on: May 05, 2021, 05:42:59 PM »

Common sense in Montana

How’s that boot taste?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6568 on: May 05, 2021, 05:45:15 PM »

News Item ( Man Bites Dog Department)

By The Associated Press
HELENA, Mont. — Montana is ending its participation in the federal unemployment program that gives people extra weekly unemployment benefit payments as the state struggles with a worker shortage, Republican Gov. Greg Gianforte announced Tuesday.

Beginning June 27, unemployed workers in the state will no longer receive $300 in weekly extra benefits funded by the federal government through Sept. 6.

For those who return to work and keep their job for 4 weeks Montana will pay them a bonus of $1200. The governor approved $15 million in funding for the incentives from federal coronavirus relief money allocated to the state in March.

Montana has 10-14,000 few workers than it did pre-pandemic so this move underscores that Congress did far more harm than good with its bonus jobless benefit, and it could help the job market recover faster by repealing it.  A conclusion of most economists months ago.

If by most you mean Club for Growth types like Stephen Moore

HAHAHAHAHA!

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: May 05, 2021, 05:46:10 PM »

Well, technically....

heh

that movie sucked
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 2929