Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760710 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7260 on: May 19, 2021, 01:27:11 PM »

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/technology/israeli-clashes-pro-violence-groups-whatsapp.html

Surely you're not surprised.
Certainly does not surprise me.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: May 19, 2021, 01:35:01 PM »

News Item

Palestinians Bombard Own People;
20% of Hamas Rockets Land in Gaza

Palestinian terrorists are bombarding their own people, as 700 of the rockets fired from Gaza by Hamas and other terror groups — some 20% of the total — land in Gaza, often killing innocent Palestinian civilians whose deaths are wrongly blamed on Israel.

The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) concluded Wednesday that an airstrike on the first day of fighting that killed a family of eight in the Beit Hanoun area was not an Israeli operation, but a Palestinian rocket gone awry, a frequent occurrence in the ongoing war.

Perhaps Israel should expand its Iron Dome to include coverage of Areas where Palestinians live?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: May 19, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »

When I was attending the AADA I auditioned for a film that was made by MTV, the name of the film was "Dead Man On Campus" and it was about a group of friends trying to get their roommate to commit suicide. I really did not want to be a part of the project, and I did not have any enthusiasm for it. It goes against everything that I am about as a Christian. 

Links...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118301/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Man_on_Campus

I did not work on the project, it was a stupid film.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7263 on: May 19, 2021, 02:31:46 PM »

BLM identifies with the Palestinians because too many of our communities are also under occupation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/tulsa-race-massacre-congress-survivors-b1850285.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: May 19, 2021, 02:35:51 PM »

One of the important things to do is to identify when news is presented vs. when unsubstantiated assertions are presented.

And example of this is the issue of whether 20% of Hamas rockets land in Gaza.

This is all too believable, but the only source for that information is the Israeli government.

So, it may be true, but asserting that it is true is overreaching available evidence.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: May 19, 2021, 02:38:58 PM »

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/92595

Review ID's Racism During Care of Black Doctor Who Died of COVID
— "Lack of empathy, compassion, and awareness of implicit racial bias," external review concludes
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: May 19, 2021, 03:10:26 PM »

News Item

The leading Black Lives Matter organization declared "solidarity with Palestinians" Monday, a week after Hamas terrorists in Gaza began firing a relentless barrage of rockets into Israel, indiscriminately shelling civilian targets as well as dropping some missiles short and blowing up buildings within its territory.

Great. BLM is now ALLIED WITH TERRORISTS.

Way to destroy your fucking movement, dopes.

Solidarity with Palestinians.    Learn to read.   When BLM actually declares solidarity with Hamas,  please post that for us.
It is in the interest of bigots like Utley to lump all Palestinians with Hamas in order to justify the horrific harm done to civilians by Israel's actions. Hamas and the government of Israel are partners in what is happening in Gaza. They have gotten to this point arm in arm, step by step. But Hamas is not Palestinians,  and Israelis are not their government.

Not only are you completely lost on this issue, your documented anti-Semitism is coming thru.
And of course the flip side is, bigots make any comment about Israel a comment about Jewish people in an attempt to impose ca cel culture on anyone expressing sympathy for Palestinians, in order to avoid having to deal with the Israeli government's role in the conflict.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: May 19, 2021, 03:10:39 PM »

News Item

The leading Black Lives Matter organization declared "solidarity with Palestinians" Monday, a week after Hamas terrorists in Gaza began firing a relentless barrage of rockets into Israel, indiscriminately shelling civilian targets as well as dropping some missiles short and blowing up buildings within its territory.

Solidarity with Palestinians.    Learn to read.   When BLM actually declares solidarity with Hamas,  please post that for us.
It is in the interest of bigots like Utley to lump all Palestinians with Hamas in order to justify the horrific harm done to civilians by Israel's actions. Hamas and the government of Israel are partners in what is happening in Gaza. They have gotten to this point arm in arm, step by step. But Hamas is not Palestinians,  and Israelis are not their government.

Not only are you completely lost on this issue, your documented anti-Semitism is coming thru.

Netanyahu is a criminal

So was George Floyd.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: May 19, 2021, 03:12:16 PM »

News Item

Netanyahu is a criminal

So was George Floyd.
Neither should be dead at the hands of the police.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: May 19, 2021, 03:12:33 PM »

One of the important things to do is to identify when news is presented vs. when unsubstantiated assertions are presented.

And example of this is the issue of whether 20% of Hamas rockets land in Gaza.

This is all too believable, but the only source for that information is the Israeli government.

So, it may be true, but asserting that it is true is overreaching available evidence.

Says the guy whose source is Al Jazeera.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7270 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:08 PM »

News Item

Netanyahu is a criminal

So was George Floyd.
Neither should be dead at the hands of the police.

Miss the point much?

Familiarize yourself with the term "false equivalence".

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: May 19, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »

Our whole standard of living has been declining in the USA in the last 20 years, unemployment rose as we lost jobs to other nations, homelessness rose, and suicide rates have steadily increased over the last 20 years.

I remember how it was when President Reagan was President, in the 1980's, it was great. I was a teen in the 1980's, it was a great time to be a teen. And my home town was rich as everyone worked on the Space Shuttles, etc. We had a nice house with a swimming pool. My step-dad was a supervisor on the Space Shuttle. Reagan made everyone legal, all of our immigrants were made legal. It was a great time. And there were plenty of jobs for everyone. I managed a dog kennel, and we had some customers who were movie stars, California is great because we have a lot of stars here. In the 1980's the music was good, the women were beautiful, the economy was good, it was great.

Everything began to decline about 1990, when George H. W. Bush was President. And it just has gotten worse since. The whole time Clinton was President the economy just got worse and worse as the entertainment jobs went to Canada, etc, and as we lost jobs to China, etc.

And the Space Shuttle jobs are long gone. We need to build new space ships in the Antelope Valley to bring the jobs back to the area. Lots of great high tech stuff can happen in the desert, and is happening in the desert.

Apple computers are built in Texas now, so I am going to buy an Apple when I update and upgrade my office equipment.

There is a lot of hard work to do. And the suicide rate is going up every year, people are so miserable that they are killing themselves.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: May 19, 2021, 03:21:48 PM »

Guess we can expect BLM suicide bombers, now that they're in "solidarity" with their Palestinian brethren.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7273 on: May 19, 2021, 03:31:52 PM »

News Item

Netanyahu is a criminal

So was George Floyd.

That’s such a stupid comparison I know you think it clever.
Floyd was a small time crook/addict.

Netanyahu is the prime minister trying to stay out of jail by unleashing disproportionate response against the people of Gaza.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7274 on: May 19, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »

Guess we can expect BLM suicide bombers, now that they're in "solidarity" with their Palestinian brethren.

You mean the white supremacists who shoot up churches, synagogue and mosques?

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 2929