Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760464 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7380 on: May 20, 2021, 08:42:16 PM »

You’re comparing Police to homicidal white supremacists is just plain stupid.

No. I'm not.

I'm comparing YOUR and OTHERS' reaction to those crimes.

On a scale of victimhood, the loss of those ELEVEN people was far greater to our society than those low life criminals.

And the outcry far less.

Yeah, you are.

You of all people embracing a Victimhood Scale is hilarious.

You can’t compare the victims and say the outcry was worse because of who they were without examing the reaction to the perpetrators, dig?

For the fifty eleventh time...

Crooks gonna crook but cops are Duty bound to protest and serve.

You really have trouble comprehending reading.

Is it the blood sugar thing? Or were you just poorly educated.

C ops are not a part of the fucking discussion here, dumbfuck.

The comparative nature of the public response to the victims of disgusting criminal acts is the issue.

I personally don't embrace victimhood.

It's not in the DNA.

Damn.

You’re comparing the merits of the victims and that has to include the victims of police violence and murder.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: May 20, 2021, 08:52:58 PM »

No. I'm not.

On a scale of victimhood, the loss of those ELEVEN people was far greater to our society than those low life criminals.

And the outcry far less.
Because you stupid fucking racist the issue is not "someone died" but the state action that resulted in their deaths. But you know that you stupid fucking racist.

Here's another who is lost.

But willfully so.

And note the continued weaving of the false narrative, the knee-jerk labeling of racist ...
Because you are one. Because you continually devalue the lives of black people, Palestinian children, any one not like you. You get called a racist because of your racist comments and behavior,  "Buckwheat".

Careful. Not to defend UNO but think about this.
Those who are protesting Israel’s response to Hamas no matter where, Europe, Hollywood, the far  left wing of the DC democrat party, or others who seem to hate Israel, are really making  the best possible argument FOR  Israel.

Can you name any other place in the Mid East that is truly liberal with sophisticated levels of democracy, or any other value that the left says it cares about?

Don’t forget the words of AOC , 'You don't have to be factually correct, you have to be morally right.'

Under that guideline she and her version of the left allows attacking people, destroying property, looting, burning buildings , lobbing rockets, and lots more if you are morally right.
And the definition of “ morally right” is anything the left decides.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 08:55:30 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7382 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:04 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.
Because you stupid fucking racist the issue is not "someone died" but the state action that resulted in their deaths. But you know that you stupid fucking racist.

But willfully so.

And note the continued weaving of the false narrative, the knee-jerk labeling of racist ...
Because you are one. Because you continually devalue the lives of black people, Palestinian children, any one not like you. You get called a racist because of your racist comments and behavior,  "Buckwheat".

Those who are protesting Israel’s response to Hamas no matter where, Europe, Hollywood, the far  left wing of the DC democrat party, or others who seem to hate Israel, are really making  the best possible argument FOR  Israel.

Can you name any other place in the Mid East that is truly liberal with sophisticated levels of democracy, or any other value that the left says it cares about?

Don’t forget the words of AOC , 'You don't have to be factually correct, you have to be morally right.'

Under that guideline she and her version of the left allows attacking people, destroying property, looting, burning buildings , lobbing rockets, and lots more if you are morally right.
And the definition of “ morally right” is anything the left decides.

LOL you would have told the Sons of Liberty to sit down and stop bitching about the Brits.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: May 20, 2021, 09:22:45 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

But willfully so.

How broad is that democracy?
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: May 20, 2021, 09:24:21 PM »

Not yet as narrow as Red would like ours to be.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: May 20, 2021, 09:25:56 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

But willfully so.

The Broadest in the Middle East as I said.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7386 on: May 20, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »

Looks like one more night hospital and it’s to a rehab facility.

More metal to set off airport security

Lyndon Johnson

Oi!

• View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: May 20, 2021, 09:37:40 PM »

Re the outcry on temple shooting versus outcry on police killing unarmed people (disproportionately BIPoC): it is so loud because we are raised to believe that police are supposed to uphold the law and protect citizens and respond in a proportionate way to situations,  acting as professionals who are impartial with regards to any person's race,  creed,  or socioeconomic class.   These acts are especially provoking because they seem to be a shocking rejection of duty.  For some people who've led sheltered lives,  and really weren't paying attention,  it's like learning Mayberry replaced Don Knotts with a Chilean-style death squad.   And those folks won't march in the streets over cracker bigots shooting up churches and temples because they don't see that as much of a threat to the Republic.   

People,  sadly, get used to nuts with guns.   Cops who execute:  harder to get used to.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: May 20, 2021, 09:55:15 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

But willfully so.

That is like being the snowiest spot in the Sonoran desert. True democracy and liberal values are not served by being limited to a single class of people.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: May 20, 2021, 09:57:42 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

But willfully so.

That is like being the snowiest spot in the Sonoran desert. True democracy and liberal values are not served by being limited to a single class of people.
You must be pretty naive about Israel.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: May 20, 2021, 10:23:07 PM »

Looks like one more night hospital and it’s to a rehab facility.

More metal to set off airport security

Yikes. Smooth sailing and a speedy recovery

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: May 20, 2021, 10:27:11 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

But willfully so.

If you are one of the 2500000 or so Palestinians living on the West Bank or East Jerusalem what is the difference between Israel's version of democracy and a religious dictatorship?
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: May 20, 2021, 10:31:45 PM »

No. I'm not.

And the outcry far less.

But willfully so.

If you are one of the 2500000 or so Palestinians living on the West Bank or East Jerusalem what is the difference between Israel's version of democracy and a religious dictatorship?
Israel has no religious dictatorship.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 10:52:08 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: May 21, 2021, 03:24:29 AM »

Since 2018, Israel does have this, which precipitates episodes like the one unfolding now

http://www.vox.com/world/2018/7/31/17623978/israel-jewish-nation-state-law-bill-explained-apartheid-netanyahu-democracy

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7394 on: May 21, 2021, 07:16:28 AM »

In this context, Biden sees the greatest risks in incrementalism.

“The risk is not trying to go big,” Biden said. “If we stay small, I don’t know how we change our international status and competitive capacity.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/20/opinion/joe-biden-david-brooks-interview.html

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 2929