Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759668 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7815 on: May 28, 2021, 07:14:44 AM »

Larry Bullslinger and HairyLime the Pope's defender haven't lectured us on this form of bigotry. Josh has been strangely quiet. Trying to go along to get along?

(...)
The Left and the Right in America now agree....Jews are the problem....

No one here,  either silent or megaphone-hoisting like you,  is okay with anti-Semitism.

I would disagree with you that it flows from the majority of either conservatives or liberals or leftists.   It's stupid from any point on the ideological map.   And some of it,  on the Left,  is directed at Bibi's brutal brand of RW, and not at Jews per se, so attaching the anti-Semitism label is misleading.   Leftists who actually convert their outrage at RW Israeli policy into physical  attacks on Jews in America are morons and likely amoral sociopaths tumescent with the new excuse to beat people up.   They are a tiny minority,  as are the neo-Nazis, but any such segment of an political fringe are clickbait and their existence will be magnified to keep media conglomerates solvent.   

The truth in all this ferment is that some people do idiotically construe pro-Palestinian as pro-Hamas and as anti-Semitic.   The rest of us would like to see two peaceful states where both Jews and Palestinian Arabs prosper and treat each other with respect.   Neither Bibi nor Hamas is the path to that.

Those on the left who profess to champion Palestinian rights are sorely misguided if they believe praising Adolf Hitler, beating up Jews in New York and elsewhere, and defacing synagogues in the U.S. and Europe with swastikas will aid Palestinians.

Those on the right who embrace Nazi mass murderers—such as participants at the 2017 “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Va., who marched with tiki torches while chanting “Jews will not replace us!”—are motivated by the same fanatical anti-Semitism that motivated Hitler and his Nazi followers long before the founding of the modern state of Israel in 1948.

...I am proud to stand with Jews against anti-Semitism, just as many Jews have stood and continue to stand with black Americans against racism. We haven’t stamped out the virus of hatred yet, but all people of goodwill must continue trying to achieve this vital task.

Donna Brazile in the WSJ.

INTERESTING HOW you equate the democratically elected Netanyahu with a terrorist organization, Hamas.

That in and of itself serves to embolden whom you call morons, and provides the rationale for your own ignorance regarding Palestinian goals for the future of Israel.

I agree with Donna Brazile outlook, however, you know shit about Israeli politics.

Babi’s only goal is to avoid prison by remaining in power.

Because he missed the deadline to form a government he has to stand for election AGAIN.

Even his right wing “Allies” consider he is aspiring to be dictator .

They don’t like him but they like progressives less. They’ve gone after the court system over the last couple years to weaken them because they kept ruling against him and the settler factions.

There is so much corruption around his family the only way he gets to stay out of prison is to hold on to power by any means necessary.

The whole military action in Gaza was a wag the dog attempt to rally patriotism and the assholes in Hamas obliged.

Now the border patrol and police forces are rounding up Palestinians in Israel in a wave of mass arrests trying to exploit the rampages of right wing Israeli bully boys.

Israel is fast becoming an apartheid state whether you admit it or not.

Before I went into the hospital I had a short phone call with a long time acquaintance from the days I managed basketball players in the early 90s)  Ben Caspit who has written bios on Bibi. Netanyahu is only interested in maintaining power.

So...it's all about you.

BAE.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: May 28, 2021, 07:21:28 AM »

If you see a famous republican in Texas, it has suddenly become much easier legally to walk right up to him and shoot him in the face. While this is likely going to lead to many many otherwise preventable tragic deaths from handgun fire, it might also be a self-cleaning function of that state’s democracy kicking into effect.

With your advocation for politically motivated murder, you now align perfectly with the people you condemn: rabid Trump loyalists on 1/6.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: May 28, 2021, 07:25:18 AM »

Why are you so miserable you feel you must try to shit on people to make yourself feel better?

Unfortunately, Larry, most humans feel better when they have others to shit on, to feel superior to (regardless of whether they are superior). Putting others down and being around others who are being put down when their own group is not being put down or is even being elevated, leads to greater internal feelings of confidence.

This unfortunate truth is the basis for so much of human interaction.

Would that it were not so.

Tweedle dumbass and Tweedle Dumfuck think they've figured it out.

Could not be further from reality wi these posits.

Heh

You've joined the ranks of those who respond to things by pretending to disagree with them, while providing zero specifics, just vagueness.

There is nothing I just said that you actually disagree with, but you cannot keep yourself from arguing, anyway.

Too fucking funny.

Goodbye, Petunia.

Gee, josh, I thought you learned a lesson about providing specifics on the internet.

Larry didn't learn that yet, but we both know that you did.

Still have the beard, btw?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7818 on: May 28, 2021, 07:39:30 AM »

Why are you so miserable you feel you must try to shit on people to make yourself feel better?

Unfortunately, Larry, most humans feel better when they have others to shit on, to feel superior to (regardless of whether they are superior). Putting others down and being around others who are being put down when their own group is not being put down or is even being elevated, leads to greater internal feelings of confidence.

Heh

You've joined the ranks of those who respond to things by pretending to disagree with them, while providing zero specifics, just vagueness.

There is nothing I just said that you actually disagree with, but you cannot keep yourself from arguing, anyway.

Too fucking funny.

Goodbye, Petunia.

Gee, josh, I thought you learned a lesson about providing specifics on the internet.

You need to check yourself.

You’re dipping your toes in dangerous waters.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: May 28, 2021, 09:04:44 AM »

Heh

Too fucking funny.

Goodbye, Petunia.

No, at this point he is asking to be banned again. That's all.

He's asking for specific examples in a situation that is akin to asking me to provide specific examples of how gravity works, because it furthers his quixotic quest to prove his own superiority (despite his assurances to himself that he long since has done so).

But it is not about specific individual behavior, for all that that one way that rankism manifests:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/somebodies-and-nobodies/201002/what-is-rankism-and-why-do-we-do-it

In short, why do we put others down? Or, in this language, why do we tolerate rankism? You've probably sensed where this line of questions is going: Why do we sometimes engage in rankism ourselves?

Rankism is a residue of predation. Our species, Homo sapiens, has a long history of predation. We're not only good at it, we're the top of the food chain. Of course, we do more than prey on animals and on each other. We also cooperate with each other, we love each other, we have shown ourselves to be capable of living in peace and harmony.

But through recorded history, we have preyed on other tribes, other states, religions, classes, races, etc. Everyone alive today has predatory ancestors and, what's equally important, ancestors who managed to avoid becoming the prey of other human predators.

We do it as groups (Country vs. country, state vs. state. city vs. city, school vs. school, not just race/eth/religion/gender, etc.)

But we practice the same shit one to another:
https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/12254/people-who-put-others-down/

1. To make themselves feel better.
As backwards as it may sound, these people feel better about themselves by making others feel worse.

They will typically have low self-esteem, and their misguided way of boosting it is to take aim at another person.

Even though they, themselves, are insecure, a common technique they’ll use is to pinpoint the insecurities of others.

Their ego will get temporary relief from its own pain by inflicting hurt upon someone else.

Of course, this relief does not last long, and so the perpetrator is always on the lookout for ways to put people down.

Petunia will no doubt seize on others in the list to try to claim that I'm making a claim about him because of those - but fail to understand that even if he were right that that is my motivation or yours for putting him down, it doesn't change either his actions or that I am talking about humans, in general, and not specifically about Petunia's attacks on others, that he is so sure are principled.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: May 28, 2021, 09:26:10 AM »

Heh

Too fucking funny.

Goodbye, Petunia.

No, at this point he is asking to be banned again. That's all.

He's asking for specific examples in a situation that is akin to asking me to provide specific examples of how gravity works, because it furthers his quixotic quest to prove his own superiority (despite his assurances to himself that he long since has done so).

But it is not about specific individual behavior, for all that that one way that rankism manifests:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/somebodies-and-nobodies/201002/what-is-rankism-and-why-do-we-do-it

In short, why do we put others down? Or, in this language, why do we tolerate rankism? You've probably sensed where this line of questions is going: Why do we sometimes engage in rankism ourselves?

Rankism is a residue of predation. Our species, Homo sapiens, has a long history of predation. We're not only good at it, we're the top of the food chain. Of course, we do more than prey on animals and on each other. We also cooperate with each other, we love each other, we have shown ourselves to be capable of living in peace and harmony.

But through recorded history, we have preyed on other tribes, other states, religions, classes, races, etc. Everyone alive today has predatory ancestors and, what's equally important, ancestors who managed to avoid becoming the prey of other human predators.

We do it as groups (Country vs. country, state vs. state. city vs. city, school vs. school, not just race/eth/religion/gender, etc.)

But we practice the same shit one to another:
https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/12254/people-who-put-others-down/

1. To make themselves feel better.
As backwards as it may sound, these people feel better about themselves by making others feel worse.

They will typically have low self-esteem, and their misguided way of boosting it is to take aim at another person.

Even though they, themselves, are insecure, a common technique they’ll use is to pinpoint the insecurities of others.

Their ego will get temporary relief from its own pain by inflicting hurt upon someone else.

Of course, this relief does not last long, and so the perpetrator is always on the lookout for ways to put people down.

Petunia will no doubt seize on others in the list to try to claim that I'm making a claim about him because of those - but fail to understand that even if he were right that that is my motivation or yours for putting him down, it doesn't change either his actions or that I am talking about humans, in general, and not specifically about Petunia's attacks on others, that he is so sure are principled.
Not being an asshole racist troll myself, I can only speculate about what motivates uno, but if I had been banned for it once, the last person I would threaten to dox would be the guy with the ability to ban me.for threatening to dox people. I supppse.if he gets kicked off again he can pretend some moral justification,  that people not wanting to hear the "truth" and not his asshole behavior led to his banning. Until he misses harassing the only identifiably African American on the forum with thinly veiled.racist comments and sneaks back in.
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #7821 on: May 28, 2021, 09:59:35 AM »

"thinly veiled" 

Heh!

My time as a web admin has taught me that the Martyr to Truth Gambit is THE classic troll move.   Y'all can't handle the Truth.   So you banned me.   Not because I was being a flaming asshole and derailing every chat on the site towards my personal hobbyhorse.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: May 28, 2021, 10:03:19 AM »

Can we vote on banning? 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #7823 on: May 28, 2021, 10:12:33 AM »

My science/philosophy website is dead,  btw.   Two days ago.   Apparently, the former owner had unwittingly sold his web assets to a company in Lancaster PA that turned out to be fraudulent,  the owner running some sort of website "development" Ponzi scheme on thousands of websites that allowed him to bilk $100 million.   The SEC seized it,  and the web assets are now in receivership.   Someone handling that apparently tried to upgrade the PHP software,  crashed the whole thing,  and then shut down the account.

So,  zero warning (or awareness that we were owned by a criminal mastermind the past 20 months), members wake up Wednesday and the site is gone.   I was going to make a bid myself at the liquidation auction on June 10, but apparently the first round is for huge bundles of websites sold as single lots,  so who knows where the site will end up.   

So,  be grateful to liquidsilver for hanging on to this place and paying the hosting fees and DN registration.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: May 28, 2021, 10:12:46 AM »

Can we vote on banning?
I have already.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: May 28, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »

Heh

Too fucking funny.

Goodbye, Petunia.

Says the guy whose Twitter account provides so many laughs.  Nice pics, Larry. Need to lose some serious weight.

Bottom line,  the leftists here, like you and josh, fac, Little Stevie the Ped-priest Protector, bartoon, oilstain, and a few others continue to clearly demonstrate that they will only preach tolerance, but they certainly WILL NOT practice it.

I am not the only proof of that circumstance.

Your legacy here is the disdain you and the rest of the twit-clique show for kid, red, bambu, luee, and anyone who doesn't auto-invest in the "woke" narratives on the issues of the day. Together your great gifts are being abjectly self-delusional to the point that you'll sit in your perfect circle-jerk, nodding in agreement, and professing to be stunned that there are others who don't wish to join you in your perfectly constructed political fantasies.

That is the truth that you all can not handle.

Does anyone think that banning me will change how intolerant, closed-minded, and supercilious you are?

You will remain unable to discuss any issue without taking it personally when someone disagrees with you.

In your particular case, Larry, it's not because you are dark-skinned. It's because you are thin-skinned. In josh's case, he hates that he can't be the smartest guy in the room, because he gets to pretend that for a living. I'd go on, but then I'd start to sound like you.

The true irony is that every negative behavior you and your fellow left-twits assign to me exists within you and them.

That's among the reasons this place is truly played out.

To the leftist cabal, do whatever you wish and go ahead and ban away.

It will only serve to underscore the points I've made above.

Peace out, chump.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: May 28, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »

Can we vote on banning?

You're such a sheep.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: May 28, 2021, 11:11:20 AM »

Why don't you find a place where everyone's as tough as you?   
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #7828 on: May 28, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »

I vote against banning.   I sometimes see valid points that Uno makes (not that that's important),  but find myself reluctant to say so because so many of his points are packaged with personal insults, strawman arguments,  and telling us his BMI and how much higher Larry's is.   

If he could make his more thoughtful points about the illiberal Left,  without making it personal and without having to pin someone to the mat and chew their limbs off,  I'd probably pay more attention and not view him as a troll.   

As for "tolerance, " visiting a privately owned website is essentially like being a guest in someone's home.  If you're asked to take off your shoes at the door and refrain from swearing or punching walls,  you comply with that if you wish to stay.   Those restrictions do not reflect intolerance,  just house rules.   If you like the ambience,  you abide by them.   E from E doesn't seem to have any formally expressed rules (like,  in the TOS when you register) , so it's hard to enforce rules of polite discourse or do banning (temp or perm). 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: May 28, 2021, 11:55:02 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 2929