Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 759487 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #7950 on: May 29, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »

Most favor Biden and his financial reform plans and rebuilding the infrastructure. Very FDR like and needed. But the squad and their reactionary lost cause agenda, no.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: May 29, 2021, 01:42:29 PM »

They say that if you want to be smarter then you should hang out with the smart people, they say that it is good to have smart friends.

And in the same way we need to have cartoons on Saturday mornings with smart characters for the kids to watch. 

We can have our best and brightest people from MIT, Harvard, etc, writing cartoons for children for Saturday mornings, for the regular television networks that everyone watches. 

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: May 29, 2021, 02:16:10 PM »

They say that if you want to be smarter then you should hang out with the smart people, they say that it is good to have smart friends.

Depends who you ask, Tony.

Some people think you should mock them. That will allow you to feel superior to them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: May 29, 2021, 03:16:52 PM »

Depends who you ask, Tony.

Some people think you should mock them. That will allow you to feel superior to them.

My smart friends always liked me because I would not let the bullies pick on them. I am smart, and also I do not allow abuse.

And yes, some people get strong and think that they can just bully everyone, and they think that they should be in a leadership position just because they are tough. So we have stupid people who think they are leaders who will try to force their will on you just because they are tough. It is all bullshit. And that is part of why I strongly support our 2nd Amendment, guns make people equal, a guy cannot lift weights in prison and then try to force his will on me. I will not be led by a lesser man just because he thinks he can beat me up.

Also, a man's home is his castle, and we need to be able to own guns to keep the bullies out of our homes.

I hate bullies, and I hate all of the negative energy they bring. If they lead the way then everyone would be living in trailer parks, paying rent to the bullies. It is all bullshit.

I would rather live in Malibu, with smart creative friends, and own a gun, where no one can be bullied. My home is my sanctuary. I will not allow abuse in my home. And I would rather be alone than be around bad people.

Anyhow, yes, some people get tough and then they think that they can abuse everyone, and I do not like it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: May 29, 2021, 03:24:58 PM »

Normally I would let  bart answer for himself but what tbe fuck. q
Ah yes,  the old strawman.   Me being sick of your hammering on the same fact ten thousand times equated to me not valuing facts.   Uh huh.

Surely you've watched an argument where both parties circle back endlessly to the same tired points and you've wished they'd just shut up and move on.   Or at least one of them would,  thus depriving the argument of oxygen.   

In this spectator role,  I think it's possible you reached a point where you didn't care who's right.

Bart

allow me to quote you verbatim on this subject.

No one gives a flying fuck anymore if you have facts on your side

Where's the strawman?

If you don't like me sticking to facts, what would you prefer?
That you at some point FUCKING STOP. It is  ot that no one cares about facts. It is that they NO LONGER CARE WHETHER YOU HAVE FACTS OR NOT. It is irrelevant to. You argue so far past the point of effective argument because all you do is reargue your view of the facts to the point where you numb your readers to anything you say. You change no one's mind, impress no one and convince no one.
A year ago
Res ipsa loquitor.
Larry posted a misleading link and I called it misleading, and the discussion should have been over then, but Larry got defensive and doubled down. And yesterday for reasons still unknown brought up the subject again.

And I responded to him, honestly.

And you blame me.

Should I nod and agree with Larry, when I know he's either made a mistake or is bullshitting the forum?

Or should I challenge him as I do Utley, kid and Red and others?

Why should I treat Larry differently, Bart?
It does not matter to me if you are arguing with Larry or uno or kiid. Just one time, just once in your posting life. Let. It. Go.

Maybe that's the issue you the Elba Social Justice Warriors should focus on.
To borrlw a phrase from a slightly better writer, lay not that flattering unction on your soul that my being a Social Justice Warrior and not your trespass speaks. (i
If I am one, it is something to be proud of. Fighting for social justice is something I do too little of. So odd that someone thinks of that as an insult. But I digress.)

And barring the next salvo, I'll STFU on the subject, as there is nothing new to be discovered,
There hasn't been. For a year. And yet you keep it up.
and you can get back to the circle jerk.
Odd, since I cannot think of a better description of your posting history, here or in baseball. The members of the circle change but you are always in it. Always. You are not a racist like uno or a bully like cap, but Jesus. Stop.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: May 29, 2021, 03:26:59 PM »

Jeez, I am formatting like I am Red or something.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: May 29, 2021, 03:49:20 PM »

pot kettle

LMAO

and boz there's a lot of TIC in my reference to Elba's "is it politically correct to say" woke knights of social justice.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:29:40 PM by bankshot1 »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: May 29, 2021, 04:08:56 PM »

The worst bullies are the ones who abuse women. Some guys use their superior strength to control women, and it sucks.

God made men bigger and stronger so that we could protect the women and children, not abuse them.

Men who abuse women do not deserve to have women. They can go be a bully off by themselves.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: May 29, 2021, 04:15:54 PM »

I can never tell if Tony is following the conversation and his opaque comments can be construed as pearls-of-wisdom like those of Chauncey Gardiner.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: May 29, 2021, 04:21:35 PM »

I can never tell if Tony is following the conversation and his opaque comments can be construed as pearls-of-wisdom like those of Chauncey Gardiner.

LOL
yank-thank the lawd you posted that.

the same thought has crossed my mind, several times, with the same Jerzy guy, but...

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: May 29, 2021, 04:24:12 PM »

Seeing as we are now into the political theatre part of our Jan 6th insurrection drama, where the GOP has exited the stage FAR RIGHT, and we are off way off script that a functioning democracy could use if it hopes to run for another 200 years, I hope Team Nancy produces a made for TV special with an all-star cast of interrogators to find the truth and identify the villains.

Even those residing under her House roof and expose these cads, con artists and conspiracy nuts to the American people. Or at least to those who watch something other than Fox or OAN to get their spin on the events of the day. I want to see Kevin McCarthy take the 5th, MGT' questioned about her Jan 5th pre-insurrection House tour visitor list, and the Qanon shaman in full battle regalia out Q!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: May 29, 2021, 04:58:09 PM »

It has been reported that Biden is going to use Garcetti as his Ambassador to India. So, that is it so far as Garcetti as Mayor of Los Angeles. Hopefully Garcetti sells California orange juice to the people of India. India is giant, we can sell them a lot of stuff. 

And Nancy Pelosi is getting old. We need younger public servants. 

Also, I support term limits, it is not healthy to have the same people in Congress for 50 years. 

So, California needs new leaders to rise.

We have Sabrina Cervantes, she is great, I can see her rising to help California more in higher positions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrina_Cervantes

And we have Dr Jose Moreno of Anaheim, he attended Harvard. I could see him rising to higher positions.

https://anaheim.net/3523/Council-Member-Jose-F-Moreno

Of note too, is that California needs to work closer with Nevada, and we need a high speed train between Las Vegas and Anaheim. 

And with you guys, it is more like the Dead Poets Society, I see you guys as a bunch of well educated people, and I often drink wine and read your stuff, and I feel free and open to post whatever with you guys, I conjure up Lord Byron drinking wine and writing poetry with his buddies. Then too, there was the connection to the New York Times, which had awesome forums, with amazing people. 

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #7963 on: May 29, 2021, 05:06:42 PM »

When did “Social Justice Warrior” become an epithet in this forum?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: May 29, 2021, 05:40:50 PM »

Independent and unaffiliated voters are having a moment. And this time, it appears that the moment is something more enduring, as those with no major party affiliation have increasing control over the fates of Democrats and Republicans seeking office.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2021-05-21/independents-exercise-increasing-control-over-democratic-republican-candidates
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 2929