Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757688 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9165 on: June 11, 2021, 06:46:20 PM »

Once more with feeling!

If you’re gonna punch yourself in the dick might as well do it twice.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article252022148.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: June 11, 2021, 06:59:22 PM »

I mentioned earlier Rep. Ilhan Omar is a Somali refugee from the early 90s. You might consider her experiences as a kid living under the battling war lords and the USA and then spent several years living in a refugee camp.

To dismiss her perspective gained through first hand experience is short sided and unproductive.

Israel has long been governed in a secular manner but new President is a hardline religious right winger.

Think about Rep. Tlaib’s perspective. What point of view would influence your perspective, what you get from western media or on the phone with grandma?

I’ve made my POV on Israel quite clear it’s the right wing assholes on both sides keep stoking the flame.

As to Omar, I respect her life's journey from a Somalia middle-class child to refugee camp to the US and then to Congress. It was courageous. I image it was a hard and at time brutal journey. In some regards it reminded me of my grandfather's escape from the murderous pogroms in Russia about 120 years ago, as a young child with just older brothers as guides, leading him to an eventual arrival in the US around 1906. He told me of his life as a child in Russia, and journey years ago, so I can respect Omar for her's. 

I do not dismiss her perspectives or the prejudices learned on her life journey. I accept them, but do not have to respect them, or give them currency, and am free to call it out if I think she is promoting an agenda of hatred, which has bred for thousands of years, and which she has fueled on more than one occasion.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 07:02:15 PM by bankshot1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: June 11, 2021, 07:21:10 PM »

New York Republican Rep. Nicole Malliotakis slammed Rep. Ilhan Omar as “a liability” to the country amid a Democratic civil war over the Minnesota “Squad” member likening the US and Israel to the Taliban and Hamas.

Malliotakis said the Somalia-born congresswoman should be grateful to be living in the United States but instead “badmouths” her adopted country — and as a result should at least be thrown off the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

“She is a liability to that committee,” Malliotakis said in a Friday afternoon appearance on Fox News.

“When I went to Israel in 2019, I spoke to citizens … They for the first time saw the United States was wavering in its support for Israel because of members like Ilhan Omar and [New York Rep.] Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She is a liability to the committee and she’s a liability to the United States of America.”

Malliotakis, who represents Staten Island and southern Brooklyn, also said that she wants Omar out of Congress altogether, but did not specify if she wanted House members or voters to accomplish that goal.

Fellow New York Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin, who is Jewish and represents the eastern tip of Long Island, also unloaded on Omar.

“Just how much more anti-American propaganda is Speaker Pelosi cool with before she finally holds Ilhan Omar to account?” Zeldin tweeted Friday. “If Omar was Republican, you can bet Pelosi would run Omar out of DC. Total disgrace. Rep. Omar should be removed from @HouseForeign and then some.”

In a letter — spearheaded by Malliotakis and signed by nine GOP lawmakers — sent to Pelosi and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) on Friday, Republicans asserted they believe her rhetoric warrants formal disciplinary action, referring to her remarks as “a new low.” 

Hear, hear.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9168 on: June 11, 2021, 07:32:54 PM »

New York Republican Rep. Nicole Malliotakis slammed Rep. Ilhan Omar as “a liability” to the country amid a Democratic civil war over the Minnesota “Squad” member likening the US and Israel to the Taliban and Hamas.

Malliotakis said the Somalia-born congresswoman should be grateful to be living in the United States but instead “badmouths” her adopted country — and as a result should at least be thrown off the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

“She is a liability to that committee,” Malliotakis said in a Friday afternoon appearance on Fox News.

“When I went to Israel in 2019, I spoke to citizens … They for the first time saw the United States was wavering in its support for Israel because of members like Ilhan Omar and [New York Rep.] Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She is a liability to the committee and she’s a liability to the United States of America.”

Malliotakis, who represents Staten Island and southern Brooklyn, also said that she wants Omar out of Congress altogether, but did not specify if she wanted House members or voters to accomplish that goal.

Fellow New York Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin, who is Jewish and represents the eastern tip of Long Island, also unloaded on Omar.

“Just how much more anti-American propaganda is Speaker Pelosi cool with before she finally holds Ilhan Omar to account?” Zeldin tweeted Friday. “If Omar was Republican, you can bet Pelosi would run Omar out of DC. Total disgrace. Rep. Omar should be removed from @HouseForeign and then some.”

In a letter — spearheaded by Malliotakis and signed by nine GOP lawmakers — sent to Pelosi and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) on Friday, Republicans asserted they believe her rhetoric warrants formal disciplinary action, referring to her remarks as “a new low.” 

Hear, hear.

Yeah.

I should give a fuck what two GOP House members who voted against certifying the election of 1/6 after the failed coup.

Fuck those guys and fuck anyone of the other 145 GOP House members and FUCK ANY DEMOCRAT who capes for the Republicans who don’t give a fuck about Israeli Jews or Palestinians as long as they get Raptured to heaven when the right wingers bring on Armageddon.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9169 on: June 11, 2021, 07:36:37 PM »

The most productive political assassination of the 20th appears to be the murder of Yitzhak Rabin.

The right wing Likkud been making hay ever since and the US blindly goes along because somewhere along the line criticism of Israel became synonymous with anti-semitism.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: June 11, 2021, 07:37:03 PM »

That’s your playbook, Hamhocks.

Hate crimes are reason enough to shut down fascist outlets like Newsmax, OAN, and Fox. Alabastard idiots are conditioned to fall for weak ass bullshit, especially if that bullshit is racist.

It’s what is motivating all the attacks on Rep. Omar in addition to the anti-Asian violence we are seeing.

The term alabastard is your racist mind coming to full boil.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:29:02 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: June 11, 2021, 08:10:04 PM »

Once more with feeling!

If you’re gonna punch yourself in the dick might as well do it twice.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article252022148.html

Isn’t punched dick the state bird of Florida now New Jersey has taken the mosquito?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: June 11, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »

Hate crimes are reason enough to shut down fascist outlets like Newsmax, OAN, and Fox. Alabastard idiots are conditioned to fall for weak ass bullshit, especially if that bullshit is racist.

It’s what is motivating all the attacks on Rep. Omar in addition to the anti-Asian violence we are seeing.

You have y read my playbook, simpleshit. The term alabastard is your racist mind coming to full boil.

It’s your mirror. You can keep it for the rest of your life if you want to.

No charge, because information should be free, and you are welcome.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: June 11, 2021, 09:37:45 PM »

Do our less left-leaning members think that Trump's directing the DoJ to get congressional members' and families' data was appropriate?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/11/politics/justice-department-apple-congress-leak-investigation/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: June 11, 2021, 10:00:47 PM »

NewsItem

Amid increased scrutiny of Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullor's lavish spending, including her reported purchases of multiple homes totaling upward of $3 million and the installation of fencing and an electric gate around one of those homes, the original ten BLM chapters are demanding more accountability and transparency from the BLM global network.
The BLM infighting comes on the heels of Cullors announcing she would step down from her role as the BLM foundation executive director as questions surrounding her finances swirled. Cullors, however, denied that her decision to resign had anything to do with that controversy, insisting she had planned to step away for more than a year.

LOL!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: June 11, 2021, 10:08:37 PM »

Say what?

While CNN banned Outkick founder Clay Travis from appearing on its program in 2017 after he said he “believed in the First Amendment and boobs,” the left-leaning outlet had no issue bringing back legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin after he was caught on a Zoom with colleagues pleasuring himself.

Travis called out CNN Friday, tweeting, “CNN banned me from their network for saying I believed in the first amendment and boobs, but they just rehired a guy caught masturbating on a Zoom call and had him discuss it live on air.”

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: June 11, 2021, 10:23:06 PM »

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she welcomed a clarification from Rep. Ilhan Omar over a tweet about Israel that critics on both sides of the aisle said had unfairly compared the U.S. and Israel to terrorist groups.

In a written statement, Pelosi, D-Calif., said that “drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines peace and security for all.

“We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban,” Pelosi continued.

I didn't see if any of you discussed the ridiculous Omar and her full idiocy being on display this week. Here is a woman who is freely elected in a country in which she has rights that no woman has with Hamas, the Palestinians, and the Taliban, and she puts Israel and the US in the same category.

The silence from the leftist wing of the Democratic Party is not at all golden.

You keep missing the point.

What she says may be considered unsavory but at bottom she isn’t wrong. Too much hyperbole for my taste but I understand where she’s coming from.

The situation in the ME is in so many varying shades of grey your absolutism is misplaced.

Talk about missing the point!

The US and Israel are NOT terrorist organizations committed to a patriarchal society in which women have little or no tights and hold no positions of power.  Tlaib and Omar would have no voice with the Taliban, the Palestinians, of Hamas, yet use their freedom here to support regimes that abuse women as a matter of routine.

Sorry, but they're idiots. They're free to express their idiocy, but they're "point"  is as full of shit as anyone who days they have one.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: June 11, 2021, 10:27:28 PM »

Fuck those guys and fuck anyone of the other 145 GOP House members and FUCK ANY DEMOCRAT who capes for the Republicans who don’t give a fuck about Israeli Jews or Palestinians as long as they get Raptured to heaven when the right wingers bring on Armageddon.

Lotta hate in that speech. Must be unhappy.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: June 11, 2021, 10:30:08 PM »

You have y read my playbook, simpleshit. The term alabastard is your racist mind coming to full boil.

It’s your mirror. You can keep it for the rest of your life if you want to.

No charge, because information should be free, and you are welcome.

Sorry, but your bigotry is yours and yours alone.

Get a new mirror.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9179 on: June 11, 2021, 10:30:23 PM »

NewsItem

Amid increased scrutiny of Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullor's lavish spending, including her reported purchases of multiple homes totaling upward of $3 million and the installation of fencing and an electric gate around one of those homes, the original ten BLM chapters are demanding more accountability and transparency from the BLM global network.
The BLM infighting comes on the heels of Cullors announcing she would step down from her role as the BLM foundation executive director as questions surrounding her finances swirled. Cullors, however, denied that her decision to resign had anything to do with that controversy, insisting she had planned to step away for more than a year.

LOL!

You do know she’s a MacArthur Genius recipient and has two NYTimes bestsellers?

Sit down.

White people always got their noses in Black folks’ pockets.

Please post a link next time

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 2928