Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757695 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9195 on: June 12, 2021, 08:47:06 AM »

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9196 on: June 12, 2021, 09:45:03 AM »

A short trip back in time...

I think I got it right back then.

“When voters see Democrats moving people-friendly policies through the House, only to have Republicans kill those bills in the Senate, it will not reflect well electorally for the GOP.

The good guys shouldn’t worry about Republican tropes, like the number of Democratic candidates. As always, the cream will rise to the top. We must focus instead on holding on to the House while capturing a majority in the Senate.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/what-should-the-good-guys-do-in-the-wake-of-barrs-infamy/

Larry you've left out a few factors

Covid and Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic lost him the election.

That and a near dead economy with 10 million people out of work. And another 10 million wondering if they were next to either lose their job or get infected.

If Trump had listened to science and not looked so hopelessly incompetent he probably would have been re-elected, the House Dem losses have been greater, and the two Ga Senate seats would have likely stayed red.

If took 600,000 dead Americans, a near paralyzed economy, and a broad coalition of Americans marching in the streets in protest over George Floyd, to save the '20 election and American democracy.

I hope the Dems don't piss away the life line over the next year or so.

But other than that, you nailed it.

LMAO

If white voters don’t get all squishy over Defund the Police it’s a blow out.

“Oh but the looting and burning!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: June 12, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »

“When voters see Democrats moving people-friendly policies through the House, only to have Republicans kill those bills in the Senate, it will not reflect well electorally for the GOP.

The good guys shouldn’t worry about Republican tropes, like the number of Democratic candidates. As always, the cream will rise to the top. We must focus instead on holding on to the House while capturing a majority in the Senate.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/what-should-the-good-guys-do-in-the-wake-of-barrs-infamy/

That and a near dead economy with 10 million people out of work. And another 10 million wondering if they were next to either lose their job or get infected.

If Trump had listened to science and not looked so hopelessly incompetent he probably would have been re-elected, the House Dem losses have been greater, and the two Ga Senate seats would have likely stayed red.

If took 600,000 dead Americans, a near paralyzed economy, and a broad coalition of Americans marching in the streets in protest over George Floyd, to save the '20 election and American democracy.

LMAO

If white voters don’t get all squishy over Defund the Police it’s a blow out.

“Oh but the looting and burning!”

Its unfortunate the woke left blames politics for political outcomes that smarter messaging could have avoided.

And more unfortunately it appears they are determined to make the same mistake again.

But the point was

that you avoided mentioning in your 2020 election recap.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:58:01 AM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9198 on: June 12, 2021, 10:03:56 AM »

LMAO

Laugh all you want, Banks

But what did I write that was flat out wrong two years ago?

And speaking of the pandemic:

”The Republican Party has exploited racial fear and resentment for decades. Policies are in place that actively harm people of color and marginalized communities, yet the social safety nets that would benefit everyone, including rural, low-wage white voters, are derided as a free ride for undeserving moochers and takers.

The food supply chain is not designed to do anything more than provide cheap, processed foods stuffed with corn syrup, sugar and salt for a diet that is literally killing people who must then scuffle for health coverage to pay for dependency on pharmaceuticals to offset the effects of poor nutrition and unending stress.

Preparing that food from field to table is also a low-wage proposition for most involved. These folks also tend to be what are now considered “essential workers,” who just months ago were the subject of a debate over whether it was worth paying them $15 an hour.”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/05/19/make-no-mistake-the-reopen-protests-are-all-about-white-privilege/

Hell, you  LMAO at me over “Achtung, bitches!” You still think I was off base on banging that alarm?

I also remember being excoriated for saying something along the line of the pandemic being an emergency until the GOP realized who was dying in the greatest number and then ( as the article above details) the sudden reversal to demanding the country reopen fully. Almost as if they saw this as a “final solution, so to speak.”

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9199 on: June 12, 2021, 10:05:10 AM »

Banks,

What election recap? Not the first of the articles posted today.

That was a pre primary, pre pandemic article.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: June 12, 2021, 10:12:08 AM »

The article was pre-pandemic but you applied it last night to 2020 election outcomes.

And as I recall a few significant events took place in 2020 that may have had an impact on national elections that you seemed to ignore.

So I mentioned them.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9201 on: June 12, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »

“There’s an old saying you don’t know a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes... but then you’re a mile away and he’s got no shoes!”

I miss Click and Clack!

Me too.  And all their support staff,  like Erasmus B.  Dragon.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9202 on: June 12, 2021, 10:27:38 AM »

The article was pre-pandemic but you applied it last night to 2020 election outcomes.

And as I recall a few significant events took place in 2020 that may have had an impact on national elections that you seemed to ignore.

So I mentioned them.

How could I ignore them if they hadn’t happened at the time?

I think saying we had to hold the house and gain a senate majority was on point.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: June 12, 2021, 10:39:29 AM »

Putin just affirmed America chose its leader correctly this time.

Good job, us!

How?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #9204 on: June 12, 2021, 10:43:49 AM »

Goddamn!

Why do white folks keep punching themselves in the dick?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/judge-orders-temporary-halt-4b-federal-loan-relief-program-farmers-n1270512?fbclid=IwAR1w2qtP5QFz5vwmFJW_0cMAFyGRP6YKdBrPXyVxi2KuAJ_JAxOkYq31sFI

If the USDA would have stayed with the original criterion of "socially disadvantaged, " and not interpreted that with a specific racial roster,  the program would have still reached black farmers and likely achieved its worthy goal.   And without white farmers who happen to be struggling not to lose their farms feeling excluded.   From what I've seen happening out here in flyover country,  there are a lot of farmers hurting,  and they'd be all for helping BIPOC farmers who are feeling that same pain.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9205 on: June 12, 2021, 10:50:04 AM »

Goddamn!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/judge-orders-temporary-halt-4b-federal-loan-relief-program-farmers-n1270512?fbclid=IwAR1w2qtP5QFz5vwmFJW_0cMAFyGRP6YKdBrPXyVxi2KuAJ_JAxOkYq31sFI

If the USDA would have stayed with the original criterion of "socially disadvantaged, " and not interpreted that with a specific racial roster,  the program would have still reached black farmers and likely achieved its worthy goal.   And without white farmers who happen to be struggling not to lose their farms feeling excluded.   From what I've seen happening out here in flyover country,  there are a lot of farmers hurting,  and they'd be all for helping BIPOC farmers who are feeling that same pain.

Why is dealing with the reality of the situation so damn hard for folks who voted in the politicians that fucked them over for the past many decades?

Black farmers had their land and livelihood systematically taken by OFFICIAL USDA POLICY.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: June 12, 2021, 10:54:47 AM »

According to the Chicago mayor "diversity" means no whites allowed, it seems.

Not everyone agrees, thankfully.

The Democratic mayor’s announcement last month that she would not grant one-on-one interviews to white journalists on a temporary basis around the two-year anniversary of her election sparked condemnation from local and national media, as well as the National Association of Black Journalists.

In a statement last month, the NABJ acknowledged that the lack of diversity in the news media is a problem but stipulated that excluding white journalists would not help foster greater diversity.

“While the mayor has every right to decide how her press efforts will be handled on her anniversary, we must state again, for the record, that NABJ’s history of advocacy does not support excluding any bona fide journalists from one-on-one interviews with newsmakers, even if it is for one day and in support of activism,” the statement read in part. “We have members from all races and backgrounds and diversity, equity, and inclusion must be universal.”
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9208 on: June 12, 2021, 11:00:00 AM »

Say what?

While CNN banned Outkick founder Clay Travis from appearing on its program in 2017 after he said he “believed in the First Amendment and boobs,” the left-leaning outlet had no issue bringing back legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin after he was caught on a Zoom with colleagues pleasuring himself.

Travis called out CNN Friday, tweeting, “CNN banned me from their network for saying I believed in the first amendment and boobs, but they just rehired a guy caught masturbating on a Zoom call and had him discuss it live on air.”

CNN could bring 'em both back---Boobs & Toobs

TRIGGER WARNING:  This thread is demeaning to women and masturbators

Holly Martins

« Reply #9209 on: June 12, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »

Goddamn!

Why is dealing with the reality of the situation so damn hard for folks who voted in the politicians that fucked them over for the past many decades?

Black farmers had their land and livelihood systematically taken by OFFICIAL USDA POLICY.

Agree,  which is why I want the program to go forward and am suggesting that smarter wording would help it get past hard-nosed judges.   
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 2928