Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756674 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10095 on: June 20, 2021, 12:18:22 PM »

Shoved?

LMAO

I asked a question that I suspect had crossed more than just my and Maher's mind, that seemed topical as we prepared to celebrate together a new national holiday, that many were unfamiliar with. And there was one regular poster here who could lend their unique perspective to that question.

And we shared our opinions.

No harm, no foul.

But you got offended

BFD

Thank you one again for proving my point about Elba and its wokeness to anything that could potentially be perceived as politically incorrect.

Perhaps in the future, I'll ask a Catholic priest how he traditionally celebrates Passover or Ramadan.

Shalom my sandy and over-heated brother in the desert.

sun screen and hydrate

Happy Father's Day to those who chose that rewarding and at times challenging path.

Even money I will piss off someone.

heh
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:27:47 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: June 20, 2021, 12:24:54 PM »

A nonprofit organization started by Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors reportedly brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars in 2016 but claimed not to have made more than $50,000 in donations that year.

Dignity and Power Now, a group that Cullors set up in 2013 to help Black and minority prisoners, brought in at least $225,000 in 2016, but only disclosed $50,000 to the IRS, according to the New York Post. Since the group only reported $50,000, it did not have to file a complete a return or outline all of its spending and donations. Cullors is listed as the founder on Dignity and Power Now’s website.

Los Angeles-based Resnick Foundation gave the organization $100,000 and California Initiative gave the group $125,000, according to the Post.

Dignity and Power Now also reportedly did not disclose its donations to the California attorney general, which regulates charities in the state.

Al Capone did shit like this, too. And he wasn't even a "trained Marxist"!

https://news.yahoo.com/nonprofit-tied-blm-co-founder-004350896.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: June 20, 2021, 12:26:49 PM »

After what happened at the Stonewall Pride parade outside Fort Lauderdale this Law is sure to be challenged.

https://www.vox.com/2021/4/25/22367019/gop-laws-oklahoma-iowa-florida-floyd-blm-protests-police

Appears it was an accident.  Excellent job by authorities in not coming to Larry-like conclusions

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article252236808.html

I’m glad it wasn’t an act of terror. I’m also cognizant of the FACT initial reports indicated a deliberate act.

Of course they did

The first "authority" was the mayor, who did say it was a deliberate act. So, the media report repeated what they had been told.

Then updated it with new info when it appeared.

But, Kid, what percentage of cars or trucks plowing into a group would you say have been accidents in the last few years?

Better off asking what percentage were accidents or justified.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: June 20, 2021, 12:27:34 PM »

Happy Father's Day to those who chose that rewarding and at times challenging path.

heh
You’ll probably annoy someone. Actually pissing someone off would be punching above your weight class. You have neither the significance nor the gravitas.

Have a good Father’s Day, you deluded freak. Stay safe out there.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: June 20, 2021, 12:29:14 PM »

I just watched Real Time with Bill Maher, a little known, pot-smoking libertarian white boy of privilege comedian satirist,  who has almost no following here in Elba. In any case he mentioned Juneteenth in his open, and wondered,

“Being the very newest of our holidays, white people, I must say, are very confused. Do we barbecue? Is there a mattress sale? What is the right time to start drinking? 2!”

People in his audience laughed. I suspect they did at home too.

Its sad so many here in Elba felt compelled to turn a joke into woke.

LMAO
Maybe if you had not shoved the "joke" at the only identified African American in the room, it might have been a mildly amusing joke about how we monetize even the sacred and less an attempt.to demean the holiday and belittle those supporting it to the one person here who would likely care most.

And yet, you never make the one Australian here feel welcomed

Nor any Trump voting white man

Sad.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: June 20, 2021, 12:36:01 PM »

A!

If no one has trained you not to eat strangers’ vomit, you can take yourself to a class at Petco. It’s a better use of your time than posting here.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: June 20, 2021, 12:37:51 PM »

heh
You’ll probably annoy someone. Actually pissing someone off would be punching above your weight class. You have neither the significance nor the gravitas.

Fac just judging from a 25 year sample size, it seems I tend to piss off the clueless and superficial when I drill into them, and more recently the overly woke, as I don't buy the bullshit.

Whether you are pissed off or not, really isn't on my radar. You've given me no reason to bother with you.

Happy Father's Day to you as well.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: June 20, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »

I just watched Real Time with Bill Maher, a little known, pot-smoking libertarian white boy of privilege comedian satirist,  who has almost no following here in Elba. In any case he mentioned Juneteenth in his open, and wondered,

“Being the very newest of our holidays, white people, I must say, are very confused. Do we barbecue? Is there a mattress sale? What is the right time to start drinking? 2!”

People in his audience laughed. I suspect they did at home too.

Its sad so many here in Elba felt compelled to turn a joke into woke.

LMAO
Maybe if you had not shoved the "joke" at the only identified African American in the room, it might have been a mildly amusing joke about how we monetize even the sacred and less an attempt.to demean the holiday and belittle those supporting it to the one person here who would likely care most.

And yet, you never make the one Australian here feel welcomed

Nor any Trump voting white man

Sad.

As long as you are tagged as a threat and constantly located, no one gives a fuck whether you feel welcome.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: June 20, 2021, 12:40:45 PM »

heh

Fac just judging from a 25 year sample size, it seems I tend to piss off the clueless and superficial when I drill into them, and more recently the overly woke, as I don't buy the bullshit.

Whether you are pissed off or not, really isn't on my radar. You've given me no reason to bother with you.

Thanks Banks.

Stay fertilized and hydrated so your foliage shines out like the verdant canopies of yore.

(That was a fleeting impulse to explore multiple aspects of the use and perception of bullshit, something that gets flung in all sorts of directions quite readily in this precinct)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:43:25 PM by facilitatorn »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: June 20, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »

heh

Thanks Banks.

Stay fertilized and hydrated so your foliage shines out like the verdant canopies of yore.

I'm a silver fox fac. I'm not going back to "green" anytime soon. I still have my leaves though.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: June 20, 2021, 12:45:53 PM »

Good on you. For me the big recent change is ivy climbing to cover previously bare patches of wall.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: June 20, 2021, 12:55:39 PM »

More hair in my nose,  less on my head.   And less on lower legs,  which I'm told can be helped by using shoe liners instead of socks.

Speaking of car rammings that aren't accidents...

https://apnews.com/article/az-state-wire-arizona-police-abbe4e51dcb7de54b4e90f49a419fd19

You really wonder what is wrong with someone who would do this.   Clearly some rage,  and some disconnect from reality,  but how did they get there?   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10107 on: June 20, 2021, 01:02:24 PM »

A nonprofit organization started by Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors reportedly brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars in 2016 but claimed not to have made more than $50,000 in donations that year.

Dignity and Power Now, a group that Cullors set up in 2013 to help Black and minority prisoners, brought in at least $225,000 in 2016, but only disclosed $50,000 to the IRS, according to the New York Post. Since the group only reported $50,000, it did not have to file a complete a return or outline all of its spending and donations. Cullors is listed as the founder on Dignity and Power Now’s website.

Los Angeles-based Resnick Foundation gave the organization $100,000 and California Initiative gave the group $125,000, according to the Post.

Dignity and Power Now also reportedly did not disclose its donations to the California attorney general, which regulates charities in the state.

Al Capone did shit like this, too. And he wasn't even a "trained Marxist"!

https://news.yahoo.com/nonprofit-tied-blm-co-founder-004350896.html

Al Capone didn’t get multi million dollar book deals, a YouTube contract nor was he named a MacArthur Genius Fellow.

Why don’t you go work for Okeefe so you can take any BLM affiliated organization down like his group took down ACORN?

Oh, yeah.

That was bullshit, too.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: June 20, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »

The best “why” is “why do you respond to that troll?”
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: June 20, 2021, 01:07:59 PM »

More hair in my nose,  less on my head.   And less on lower legs,  which I'm told can be helped by using shoe liners instead of socks.

Speaking of car rammings that aren't accidents...

https://apnews.com/article/az-state-wire-arizona-police-abbe4e51dcb7de54b4e90f49a419fd19

You really wonder what is wrong with someone who would do this.   Clearly some rage,  and some disconnect from reality,  but how did they get there?

Wow.

Not that it is the main issue but you do realize the cops shot this guy, even though they were not in danger
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 2927