Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755774 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10860 on: June 28, 2021, 09:32:59 PM »

"We don't need any more activist athletes," [Representative Dan] Crenshaw said. "You know, she should be removed from the team. The entire point of the Olympic team is to represent the United States of America. That's the entire point."

No using the Olympic team as a platform - period.

Not your call or his.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: June 28, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »

IOC Rule 50

- No kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propoganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: June 28, 2021, 09:45:34 PM »

"We don't need any more activist athletes," [Representative Dan] Crenshaw said. "You know, she should be removed from the team. The entire point of the Olympic team is to represent the United States of America. That's the entire point."

No using the Olympic team as a platform - period.

"We want you to protest peacefully."
/sits near the front of the bus/
"No, not like that."
/marches across bridge/
"No, not like that."
/raises fist on platform/
"No, not like that."
/kneels/
"No, not like that."
/turns back on flag/
"No, not like that. Can't you just protest where nobody can see or hear you?!"

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: June 28, 2021, 09:47:17 PM »

IOC Rule 50

- No kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propoganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

Key word: propoganda (sic)

How was that propaganda?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: June 28, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »

IOC Rule 50

Yeah. I’m wondering what “religious propaganda” is and who makes that determination?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: June 28, 2021, 10:05:28 PM »

What systems are those, exactly?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: June 28, 2021, 10:09:07 PM »

News Item

Wall Street Journal

SURF­SIDE, Fla.—The pres­i­dent of the Champlain South Tow­ers condo as­so­ci­a­tion told res­i­dents in April their build­ing was in des­perate dis­re­pair and urged them to pay the $15 mil­lion in as­sess­ments needed to fix struc­tural prob­lems, in a let­ter re­viewed by The Wall Street Jour­nal.
The condo board pres­i­dent, Jean Wod­nicki wrote that the con­crete dam­age to the build­ing would “mul­ti­ply ex­po­nen-tially over the years, and in­deed the ob­serv­able dam­age such as in the garage has got­ten sig­nif­i-cantly worse over the years.”
Of­fi­cials said they are fo­cus­ing on find­ing sur­vivors, while si­mul­ta-ne­ously pre­serv­ing ev­i­dence and pre­paring for an in­ves­ti­ga­tion into the cause of a struc­tural col­lapse of his­toric pro­por­tions. It is rare be­cause it doesn’t ap­pear to have been prompted by out­side dy­nam­ics, like a nat­ural dis­as­ter, and po­ten­tially re­flects the fail­ure of mul­ti­ple systems within the build­ing all at once, en­gi­neers said.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: June 28, 2021, 10:43:13 PM »

IOC Rule 50

Yeah. I’m wondering what “religious propaganda” is and who makes that determination?

Kid has been hired.

Any message he disagrees with is "propoganda."

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: June 28, 2021, 11:26:48 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10870 on: June 28, 2021, 11:28:12 PM »

IOC Rule 50

Placing one’s T-Shirt over one’s head demonstrates what type of political, religious or racial  propaganda?

Like I said...

Not your call.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10871 on: June 28, 2021, 11:29:59 PM »

What systems are those, exactly?

The one that allows white folks like you to breathe with your head up your ass.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10873 on: June 28, 2021, 11:51:42 PM »

One guess as to what kind of camp...

Nearly 100 COVID-19 cases have resulted from an outbreak at a summer youth camp in west central Illinois, mostly involving unvaccinated people, the Illinois Department of Public Health reported Monday.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210628/covid-19-outbreak-traced-to-camp

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: June 28, 2021, 11:56:37 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/how-the-arizona-cyber-ninjas-audit-happened-in-one-easy-step/

Does the Arizona GOP have the funds left to defend itself from pending felony ballot tampering charges?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:58:23 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 2926