Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755620 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10980 on: June 30, 2021, 11:49:34 AM »

Apparently championing urban violence and spreading conspiracy theories against conservatives does not a TV  audience make. In the second quarter CNN lost half its viewers.

The Big Bad Wolf is off the board...

Otherwise, this a really stupid post.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: June 30, 2021, 11:53:07 AM »

This should go well. I can see it now. If Eric Adams isn't declared the winner, then the streets will explode.

No, I don't think they will.

And I don't think he will win. His lead was too small after the first ballot.

I haven't kept up with the NYC Mayor's Race, but with ranked order voting, shouldn't results be calculable within seconds with a decent computer? I understand absentee ballots etc have to be included, but weeks for a result, what am I missing?

Thanks I'll hang-up and listen.

NYC B.O.E is a nepotistic mess and has been for decades. Unless they changed in the last year it’s run by friends and family of the Democratic and Republican Party leaders.

In other words, business as usual.

I'm just thinking, and pretty sure I posted a week or so ago, introducing ranked-order voting in the shadow of the bullshit and conspiracy theories about the '20 election, might not be a sound strategic move, due to the high probability it would get fucked-up, somehow.

And we got BINGO.

But more importantly, Repubs will message this into Dems can't be trusted to run elections.

Bamboo ballots from China!

They will feed the monster. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: June 30, 2021, 12:28:13 PM »

This should go well. I can see it now. If Eric Adams isn't declared the winner, then the streets will explode.

I haven't kept up with the NYC Mayor's Race, but with ranked order voting, shouldn't results be calculable within seconds with a decent computer? I understand absentee ballots etc have to be included, but weeks for a result, what am I missing?

They should bring in Cyber Ninjas!
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10983 on: June 30, 2021, 12:32:20 PM »

NYC B.O.E is a nepotistic mess and has been for decades. Unless they changed in the last year it’s run by friends and family of the Democratic and Republican Party leaders.

In other words, business as usual.

I'm just thinking, and pretty sure I posted a week or so ago, introducing ranked-order voting in the shadow of the bullshit and conspiracy theories about the '20 election, might not be a sound strategic move, due to the high probability it would get fucked-up, somehow.

And we got BINGO.

But more importantly, Repubs will message this into Dems can't be trusted to run elections.

Bamboo ballots from China!

They will feed the monster.

They’ve been bashing folks who complain about the GOP tactics of passing voter suppression laws with the N.Y. election system for years.

Fuck what they message. It’s just business as usual.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: June 30, 2021, 12:45:15 PM »

They should bring in Cyber Ninjas!

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure that was part of my post last week to insure the sanctity of ranked order voting in NYC.

They almost done cleaning up the corruption and whatnot in your neck of the desert?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: June 30, 2021, 12:48:43 PM »

With nearly 97 per cent of votes counted, Adams, the Brooklyn borough president, had a commanding lead with just almost 31.7 per cent of the vote, according to the Board of Elections.

Wiley, a former counsel to de Blasio who has promised to strip $1bn from the police department budget, stood at 22.2 per cent, while Garcia, the former head of the sanitation department, had 19.5 per cent.

Yang, an affable outsider who made his name with a long-shot bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, had enjoyed frontrunner status for months. But first-round results showed him stuck at just 11.7 per cent, confirming a drop off in his campaign as election day neared.

~Financial Times

I just get the feeling that with so much manufactured bullshit and the resultant anxiety over recent election results, using ranked choice in NYC in this election, may lead to some controversy and very heated ballot challenges. I feel almost certain that a lot of folks are going to mess this up, and votes will be contested and tossed. And they will vote for anchovies and onions when they thought they were voting for sausage and peppers.

I hope NYC has reserved the Javits Center and the Cyber Ninjas to conduct a complete and transparent audit.

And nothing against anchovies, I like them in a Caesar salad, but I'm more a sausage or pepperoni guy

And I wonder if Andrew Yang would have done better if the ranked voting was explained in terms of Chinese apps rather than pizza toppings.

Eggs rolls, fried shrimp, spare ribs, scallion pancakes, etc.

Spare ribs for mayor!

For a neighborhood breakdown of the NYC vote,

Looks like my old neighborhood went for Garcia.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/06/23/nyregion/nyc-mayor-primary-results-precinct-map.html

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: June 30, 2021, 12:54:32 PM »

Why wouldn't it be...that is only fair.
Black basketball league, and White basketball league......each race having it's own league...voluntary segregation....and everyone is happy.

Go segregate yourself from air for a few hours, mate. Show us how it’s done.

Shouldn't you be out helping your friends? Or did you cut a deal?

A federal grand jury has indicted 60 people after an extensive wiretap investigation uncovered a vast methamphetamine distribution network based in San Diego, authorities said Tuesday.

The organization, tied to Mexico’s Sinaloa Cartel, is accused of supplying tons of meth to dozens of sub-distributors throughout the county as well as Arizona, Iowa, Hawaii, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Texas and internationally to Australia and New Zealand, according to federal prosecutors.

Over the past month, hundreds of law enforcement officers spread out across the county and five states to make arrests and serve search warrants. Forty-four defendants are in state or federal custody while 16 remain fugitives, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a news conference Tuesday.

Dubbed “Operation Crystal Hydra,” the year-long investigation by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and other agencies has resulted in the seizure of 220 pounds of meth, $250,000 in cash and 90 guns, ranging from modern to antique to homemade, officials said.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2021-06-29/san-diego-meth-network

As a home grower, I suggest you stop messing with synthetics Hammy even if that gives you your best and only chance for some of the action you crave at glory holes.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: June 30, 2021, 12:57:35 PM »

Afro-americans will be further marginalized when tens of millions of anchor babies and their extended families come marching in. Kamala knows, the voice of reason in the democratic party.

---“Do not come," warned Vice President Kamala Harris in early June to migrants in Guatemala.---

If that gets her your vote when she runs to succeed Biden in 2028, I won’t try to disabuse you of this delusion.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: June 30, 2021, 01:00:32 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/weather/pacific-northwest-extreme-heat-wednesday/index.html

117.5 in Canada, topping the new record set two days before of 115, besting the 80ish year old record of 113.

115 in Portland, OR.

And... the Northwest is expected to have extreme heat for another couple weeks, even if not record breaking every day.

Think the GOP will continue to fight the green sections of the infrastructure plan?

Yes, I think McConnell will keep doing so and Trump as well, which will "force" the cowards to toe their line.

I also think when that damn finally breaks it is going to break in a big way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: June 30, 2021, 01:01:50 PM »

According to historical fact, in 1931, Roy Rogers was picking peaches and living in the same California migrant worker camps that John Steinbeck stayed in while writing his novel The Grapes of Wrath. And legend has it they were in the same camp at the same time and Steinbeck heard him play and sing guitar at night. 50 years later, in an interview with Christopher Swan of the Christian Science Monitor, Roy vividly remembered those days:  “During the depression," he recalls, leaning back in his seat, "I got a job driving a Model-T truck in California, hauling sand and gravel. That was in 1930. In 1931, the guy lost his trucks, and I went up north to pick peaches. Later, I found out I was in the same camp where John Steinbeck wrote 'The Grapes of Wrath.”

-----------

Roy came from Ohio to California dirt poor during the Great Depression, he came from very humble beginnings.

Later, as Roy experienced some success, Roy used to play at swimming pool parties for William Randolph Hearst at San Simeon with the Sons of the Pioneers.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:38:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: June 30, 2021, 01:06:49 PM »

Clearly time to start a Roy Rogers forum to go with the Climate Change forum.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: June 30, 2021, 01:09:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/weather/pacific-northwest-extreme-heat-wednesday/index.html

117.5 in Canada, topping the new record set two days before of 115, besting the 80ish year old record of 113.

115 in Portland, OR.

And... the Northwest is expected to have extreme heat for another couple weeks, even if not record breaking every day.

Think the GOP will continue to fight the green sections of the infrastructure plan?

Yes, I think McConnell will keep doing so and Trump as well, which will "force" the cowards to toe their line.

I also think when that damn finally breaks it is going to break in a big way.

I think the Dems pass a very popular reconciliation bill that pours a couple of trillion into climate related infrastructure including energy generation and storage facilities as well as carbon sequestration through urban farms on brown site abandoned factories. Republicans who like the increasingly hot weather and don’t support the infrastructure package will be wiped out electorally in 2022 and beyond.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: June 30, 2021, 01:30:02 PM »

Afro-americans will be further marginalized when tens of millions of anchor babies and their extended families come marching in. Kamala knows, the voice of reason in the democratic party.

---“Do not come," warned Vice President Kamala Harris in early June to migrants in Guatemala.---

What about Slovenian anchor babies?

Slovenians do not usually leave their infants at the southern border
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 2926