Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755230 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11265 on: July 03, 2021, 12:37:52 PM »

What goes around comes around

From Lexington to Concord to Wakefield

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/03/metro/state-police-standoff-with-armed-men-i-95-wakefield/

State Police said 11 suspects have been arrested during a Saturday morning standoff between officers and a group of armed men on Interstate 95 in Wakefield that began after a trooper stopped to assist two vehicles in the highway’s breakdown lane.

Law enforcement established a “hard perimeter” surrounding them, and police negotiated with the men, State Police Colonel Christopher Mason said during the press conference.

Mason said the men, who were armed with long guns and handguns and dressed in tactical gear, told the trooper they were traveling from Rhode Island to Maine for “training.”

I always stand around with my rifles/guns out while we're refueling by the side of the road.

I'm glad they're not anti-government, though I wonder which one they favor.

And the Maine State Troopers, FBI, and ATF have to be trying to find out where this training is and who else is there!

A day at the beach?

Cosplay in Ogunquit.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: July 03, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »

KTLA 5 News 

4 hours  · 

Hundreds of families waiting to make asylum claims in the United States are living under plastic tarps, without bathrooms and at the mercy of the elements and the vicious gangs that roam the area.

-----------------

We need to send the labor union representatives to our Southern Border to tell our new immigrants where the good union jobs are.

One good area is Merced, California, there is a lot of farm work, and construction work, and Merced will have a station for the California High Speed Train, Merced is a good place for our new immigrants to come to.

We also have Battle Mountain, Nevada, for the people who want to raise cattle, and sheep, and pigs, etc. Land in Nevada is cheap and plentiful, and Nevada is nice and safe.

We need to educate our new immigrants about where the jobs are and where to come.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #11267 on: July 03, 2021, 01:11:12 PM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/03/metro/state-police-standoff-with-armed-men-i-95-wakefield/

State Police said 11 suspects have been arrested during a Saturday morning standoff between officers and a group of armed men on Interstate 95 in Wakefield that began after a trooper stopped to assist two vehicles in the highway’s breakdown lane.

Law enforcement established a “hard perimeter” surrounding them, and police negotiated with the men, State Police Colonel Christopher Mason said during the press conference.

Mason said the men, who were armed with long guns and handguns and dressed in tactical gear, told the trooper they were traveling from Rhode Island to Maine for “training.”

I always stand around with my rifles/guns out while we're refueling by the side of the road.

And the Maine State Troopers, FBI, and ATF have to be trying to find out where this training is and who else is there!

A day at the beach?

Cosplay in Ogunquit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heavily-armed-men-standoff-massachusetts-100850078.html

Kind of amusing that a group of men seeking to become trained as some kind of militia or whatever would run out of gas on the I-95.  I mean,  it's not like gas stations are that hard to find on that stretch of interstate.   

I was unclear on their calling themselves "Moors, " but saying they're not a black identity group.

In a video posted to social media Saturday morning, a man who did not give his name, but said he was from a group called Rise of the Moors, broadcast from Interstate 95 in Wakefield near exit 57.

“We are not antigovernment. We are not anti-police, we are not sovereign citizens, we’re not Black identity extremists,” said the man who appeared to be wearing military-style equipment. “As specified multiple times to the police that we are abiding by the peaceful journey laws of the United States.”

The website for the group says they are “Moorish Americans dedicated to educating new Moors and influencing our Elders.”   

Well,  who doesn't like to influence an elder?   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11268 on: July 03, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »

A day at the beach?

Cosplay in Ogunquit.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heavily-armed-men-standoff-massachusetts-100850078.html

Kind of amusing that a group of men seeking to become trained as some kind of militia or whatever would run out of gas on the I-95.  I mean,  it's not like gas stations are that hard to find on that stretch of interstate.   

I was unclear on their calling themselves "Moors, " but saying they're not a black identity group.

In a video posted to social media Saturday morning, a man who did not give his name, but said he was from a group called Rise of the Moors, broadcast from Interstate 95 in Wakefield near exit 57.

“We are not antigovernment. We are not anti-police, we are not sovereign citizens, we’re not Black identity extremists,” said the man who appeared to be wearing military-style equipment. “As specified multiple times to the police that we are abiding by the peaceful journey laws of the United States.”

The website for the group says they are “Moorish Americans dedicated to educating new Moors and influencing our Elders.”   [/i]

Well,  who doesn't like to influence an elder?

Bart my story has it as that their name is "Rise of the Moops"

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11269 on: July 03, 2021, 01:28:47 PM »

Who are these assholes?

“In a TikTok video that has garnered over 325,000 views, Shanetta Little, 37, or @regblackgrl, describes her bizarre encounter with the extremist group known as Moorish Sovereign Citizens, in a 49-part 'story time' explanation which ended with a SWAT team being called in.

Moorish Sovereign Citizens has been labeled an extremist group of squatters who do not recognize the authority of the United States government or its laws.

In the video, Little explains the men broke into her Newark home while she wasn't there on June 18, sawed off the locks, and changed them.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9709381/New-homeowner-claims-sovereign-citizens-group-moved-house.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11270 on: July 03, 2021, 01:29:55 PM »

“I’m pleased to hear of the progress on a bipartisan infrastructure agreement, but before I vote for it, Senate Democrats need to come together and reach an ironclad agreement on passing a big, bold reconciliation bill that includes funding for home and community-based services.
We must seize this historic moment and continue the American Rescue Plan’s investment in our children and families. #CareCantWait “

Senator Bob Casey
June 24

I fear having intransigence on both ends of this: won't vote for the 3/4ths trillion without the big bill vs. won't vote for the smaller bill if it is tied to the big bill, leaving us with neither rather than both.

And I don't know how we get past that.

This is posturing for the squishy Democrats.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #11271 on: July 03, 2021, 01:35:25 PM »

Globe had a paywall,  so I didn't see that part.   I meant,  I didn't follow the logic of a group that isn't about being black calling themselves Moors....wait,  ok,  your typo was deliberate, heh!   

Holly Martins

« Reply #11272 on: July 03, 2021, 01:37:34 PM »

Bubble Boy episode!   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11273 on: July 03, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »

Globe had a paywall,  so I didn't see that part.   I meant,  I didn't follow the logic of a group that isn't about being black calling themselves Moors....wait,  ok,  your typo was deliberate, heh!

heh

it was a lay-up and needed to be posted.

I was just trying to figure out how to set myself for the punchline.

but you rode to the rescue!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: July 03, 2021, 02:52:49 PM »

Who are these assholes?

Could be they have been wronged over the years, just seeking reparations.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11275 on: July 03, 2021, 02:59:15 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/country-singer-disses-leftists-bruce-springsteen

Released just in time for the Fourth of July holiday, the 49-year-old former Staind frontman hints at his discontent with America's leadership and slams left-wing activists who have disrespected the country's flag and demolished statues.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: July 03, 2021, 03:00:57 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/country-singer-disses-leftists-bruce-springsteen

Released just in time for the Fourth of July holiday, the 49-year-old former Staind frontman hints at his discontent with America's leadership and slams left-wing activists who have disrespected the country's flag and demolished statues.

Good premise

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11277 on: July 03, 2021, 03:01:28 PM »

Who?

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11278 on: July 03, 2021, 03:20:18 PM »

Good premise

The pro-Confederacy contingent of our forum has spoken.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: July 03, 2021, 03:34:19 PM »

The Church was very slow to act on the pedophile priests, but in this case...well, there's MONEY involved, dammit!!!

Cardinal Angelo Becciu has become the highest-ranked cleric in the Vatican to be indicted over charges that include embezzlement and abuse of office.

The 73-year-old cardinal, who denies wrongdoing, was forced to resign last September, but retains his title.

The charges relate to a multi-million-dollar property purchase with Church funds in London.

Cardinal forced out in rare Vatican resignation
Cardinal Becciu was a close aide to Pope Francis and previously had a key job in the Vatican's Secretariat of State, which manages the Church's donations.

He will face questions over a controversial loss-making deal to invest in the luxury London building while he was in charge at the secretariat; the deal has since been the subject of a financial investigation.

The $200m (£155m) paid for the apartment block in Sloane Avenue came out of Church money through offshore funds and companies - a deal the cardinal had defended in the past.

In a statement released on Saturday by those close to him, the cardinal said he was "the victim of a conspiracy" and protested his "absolute innocence", the AFP news agency reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57706618

Video of the Pope taking action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z4-vvSP6mc

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 2926